OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 13" Sturdy Rosewood Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Marcos had thought this event would be the worse, especially since valentines day pushed so much love into everyone's faces that even being a little without felt hard, but at the very least Marcos had still not seen Gabriella and he had a date for the night. One of his newer friends, Kira. It had been a bit impromptu asking her to the ball but he was glad he'd done it. It meant he had something to do rather than standing around on his own. He could actually spend the time with someone. He arrived at the great hall, and stood at the entrance waiting for Kira to join him, he was expecting it would be an easy night, they would hang out and have fun as friends, they wouldn't have to do anything but be chill. It was of course as he waited that he did spot Gabriella, and his heart fluttered nervously, maybe he should try to speak to her at some point, maybe. he didn't want to make things weird between him and kira or weirder between him and gabriella. He would just focus on the person he had actually invited to the event, his friend rather than Gabriella.

Kira was looking forward to tonight. She had been fretting over that pink rose she'd sent all day, maybe spending some time with Marcos might take her mind off of Caelan. She was starting to admit to herself that she really cared for the boy. She had sent him the rose because his name had popped into her mind as soon as she'd seen the pink petals. She hadn't done that before. Kira came down the stairs and made her way over to the entrance of the Great Hall. "Marcos!" She called out as she spotted her friend, raising her hand in a wave as she walked over. "You look nice tonight," She smiled at him. They had a good time at the Yule Ball. It was nice to have a friend to make tonight bearable.

Marcos looked up when he heard someone call out his name. He immediately spotted Kira and he couldn’t help the friendly smile that graced his features, it was an unlikely but good friendship that he had struck up with Kira. It was harmless and fun, and Marcos couldn’t help but enjoy it. He waved at her before nodding at the compliment, ”So do you Kira,” he replied kindly. She did look lovely. The fact he was now staring at his friend and focusing on her rather than glancing over to where he had easily spotted Gabriella was good. He felt himself relax a bit, the weirdness in his stomach faded a little. ”So, dance and then food? Or food and then dance?” dancing would be an easy way to pass the time, but so would eating, either or were nice and casual things that they could do. No pressure, no nothing, just hanging out at a dance like friends would, and honestly Marcos was exceedingly thankful for his new friend Kira.

Kira thought the question over carefully. "Dance first," She told him with a smile. "I don't know about you, but I won't want to move once I eat." She responded playfully. She started to move into the hall, careful to avoid the other people. "Did you get any other roses?" She asked with a smile. "I got one other yellow one from a younger friend." She told him with a smile. Marcos was always so easy to talk to. This had definitely been a good idea. "Thank you for asking me," She told the boy with a smile.

Marcos smiled and nodded, holding his arm out to her to be able to walk to the dance floor with her to dance. It was simple and easy with her, no pressure. He smiled and chuckled lightly, ”I certainly won’t either, smart choice Kira. Should’ve expected as much from a ravenclaw,” the boy smiled as he joked a little with her, meaning the statement kindly. At the question he nodded, ”I got one from the gryffindor quidditch captain, and one from each of my brothers,” The boy had never received so many roses, and he had that additional one that Kira had made too, so he had plentiful roses, ”Of course, thanks for agreeing,” going with kira to this was an easy option, she was distracting and nice and he was thankful for their friendship. He knew they’d have a good time at this, even if his mind was still thinking a little of Gabriella.

Kira accepted the boys arm as they walked to the dance floor, placing her hand lightly in the crook of his elbow. Being around Marcos was relaxing. She laughed lightly at what he said. "Of course I'm the Ravenclaw. One of us has to be smart," She teased him with a playful grin. She listened as he told her about his roses. "How do you like Quidditch? I don't really care to play myself, but I enjoy watching friends play." She thought of Sapphire as an alternate on the Slytherin team and the way she liked watching the other girl get into the game. Maybe she just liked seeing her friends doing things that made them happy. Kira spotted Caelan on the fringes of the dance. He looked wonderful, but she didn't dare get caught staring. Sending him a rose, even without a note, had been nerve-wracking enough. She blushed a bit and turned her attention back to Marcos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back