Flying with the birds (Open)

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian walked out to the pitch with his Firebolt in hand. It was almost to hard to believe that he'd had his broomstick for nearly three years as he mounted it once more on the familiar grass. The sky was bright and cheerfull which in it's own right caused his heart to jump a bit more. The summer had kept him away from the skies but now things were back where they needed to be. He was back at Hogwarts where he hoped to get back to where things were, last year had been rough with Andy's departure but now that she was back things hopefully would return to the way things were.

Kicking off from the ground Brian felt the rush of wind agaist his blue robes. The air blowing against his face it was a glorious feeling to be flying around the pitch once more. Soaring as fast as he could into the Heavens he smiled as he saw Athena fly towards him, she was his favorite flying friend as she too had to suffer the almost flightless summers that he felt. Brian flew around her pulling out a few owl treats "come and get it!" he called out as he tossed the treat from his hand. Athena flew down towards it as Brian lowered his broom racing her for the Owl treat his brrom however was much faster then the wings of an owl and therefore would easily overcome his feathered friend, except at the last moment he held back and watched as the Owl hooted happily snatching it's prize "great job!" Brian shouted with a smile.

Joceline was walking around the castle when she got the urge to go outside so she shrugged her little shoulders and zipped up her burton sweater. When she was outside she decided that she would go to the pitch, the last time she had been there for lessons she hadn't done very well, she was barely able to move it. When she reached the pitch she saw a boy flying already. Joceline bit her lip nervously, she was going to make a fool of herself again, she didn't want that, especially with Aiden ready to critize her at every opportunity.

Joceline sighed softly and turned to walk away, hoping the boy hadn't noticed her there, because then she would have to fly, and she would be awful, never mind the fact that she hated heights with a passion, they were terrifying, she didn't understand how people could be so comfortable with them.

[Hint: She looks a lot like Aiden Lorka]

Brian smiled as he watched Athena fly down towards the stadium, content witht he prize she had earned. He noticed someone down on the ground and wondered who it might be, by the looks of her she was obviously a first year which made Brian wonder a bit as to why she would be here since most first years tended to stay away from the pitch untill they had gotten better at flying. Thinking about it Brian decided to be nice and introduce himself to the girl as he flew over towards her. "Hi, can I help you with anything?" Brian called out hoping not to frighten her.

Joceline looked over at the boy and smiled sheepishly at him then called back, hoping he would be able to understand her with her strong french accent clearly there, "Uhm I don't know." Joceline sighed uncomfortably then looked down at her feet nervously, what was she supposed to say now?

Andromeda had wandered down to the pitch with out intending too, she had left 'Falcon' back in her dorm and walking around to the Gryffindor stands climbed up the long winding steps to the benches at the top. At least being up here in the air like this would give her the illusion that she was high in the sky, it really wasn't the same thing though. As she looked out across the pitch she saw two students chatting. One looked fairly young and small and the other... well, the other she would recognise anywhere. It was Brian. She hadn't seen him to talk with him properly since she returned, a slow smile spread across her face. It was good to see him, she had given him the occasional glance in their classes but had always managed to sneak out before she could be side tracked by any of the other classmates with their thousand and one questions.

Sitting back on the bench she decided to just watch, see how his flying had improved over the time they hadn't been talking. Then she remembered how they had left each other the year before, they hadn't been speaking at all to one another, would he talk to her now? She frowned slightly, with Brian you just never knew.

Brian smiled brightly as he flew down towards the little first year, it was only when he touched the ground that he realised that he'd grown a few inches over the summer not alot but enough to distinguish himself as a third year he hoped. Some of the other first years were almost twelve already which was more than what Brian could say since his birthday wasn't untill June. Bowing very low as he always did when he introduced himself Brian smiled at her "my name is Brian Edrich Getathorn XIX, at your service" Brian said with his normal bright smile. The girl seemed a bit nervous causing a bit of stirring in Brian's brain as he wondered what might make her like that. Perhaps some Slytherins were being mean to her; despite Andrew, Brian still had a big dislike for the Slytherin's as well as a few Gryffindor's he'd met last year.

Brian smiled brightly as he saw Athena fly towards him, it was then that he noticed a familiar face. It was Andy, someone who'd gone through alot worse than he had and yet was still pushing through despite the problems that had occured since she first started attending Hogwarts Three Years ago. Brian waved at her smiling "that's my friend Andromeda, you should come meet her. She's very nice and will most definately help you with anything that I'm unable too" Brian said insisting that they go over towards the pitch, Athena hooting happily.

Joceline looked up at the tall boy and gave him a weak smile and bowed her head gently then said, "Nice to meet you Brian, I'm Joceline Richarde." Joceline sighed and admitted sheepishly, "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to distract you, I was uh sorta hoping to fly with out you know people seeing me, I'm awful at it." Joceline paused for a swift moment wondering if she was going to continue with that thought but decided it was better she didn't then she looked over at the pale face Brian waved to and was talking about. Joceline gave the girl a smile, though she knew it would be too far for her to see and said, "Well that's nice but she looks very sick.. perhaps she shouldn't be flying now." Joceline raised her eye brows curiously as she looked back at Brian, the girl looked almost as white as a ghost, and very small and shakey.

[Andy is actually of normal height for a 14yr old lol]

Andromeda smiled as Brian waved to her, she hadn't expected him to notice her or even to give any indication if he had. It was a pleasant feeling, so raising her hand she waved back. The wind had picked up now and sitting all alone at the top of the stands didn't seem like the best place in the world to be. Still she sat there though, hoping that they would begin to fly soon. If she couldn't fly herself she certainly wanted to live vicariously through her friends.

"Andy's tough, besides she doesn't need to fly for us to visit her" Brian said matter of factly "It's rude to just ignore people" Brian added as he mounted his broom once more. He looked at Joceline "okay, I know it's a bit difficult but flying get's easier in time as long as you practice. I hated heights as well as flying when I first started it and now it's one of the best things to do around here" Brian said with a smile, remebering when Courtney had taught him how to fly back in his first year. It was just coincidence that at the time she was a third year herself. "Now let's go see Andy!" Brian said with a bit of excitement as he kick off slowly from the ground so as to show her, He wasn't too high as he slowly pushed his broom forwards towards Andromeda, Athena must've thought he was flying too slow as she flew over towards Andy by herself undisturbed by what Andy truly was. Brian was indeed thankfull to have a brave owl willing to face anything!

[small as in skinny.. unless she's bulked up since the last few rps ive read? ]

Posting as Joceline:

Joceline sighed and picked up a broom that was lying on the ground from the last flying lesson and watched as Brian mounted his broom and she did the same. Joceline kicked off shakily and her heart sunk when she was hovering in the air. Joceline began to take deep breaths trying her hardest not to look down. Joceline shakily followed Brian over to his friend, her hands and lips quivering with fear as she did this.

[lol -- ok]

Andromeda watched as Brian began to fly towards her, his owl Athena flying faster. This made her smile a little though she also wondered how daft his bird actually was. She couldn't remember the last time any animal willingly came towards her at that speed, unless of course Athena wanted to shielf Brian from her. The thought was fleeting as she turned to watch the young girl kick off.
"You can do, slowly nice and slowly" Andromeda whispered into thin air, willing the young girl to do her best. Flying for any first timers was hard but flying to the height of the stands was very difficult. Andromeda stood up and walked towards the front bench on the stand keeping a close eye on the girl, her hand on her wand incase she would need any help.

"Your doing great!" Brian called out to Joceline as he flew slowly towards Andy. It had been a long time since he'd first had to fly but he still remebered how terrifying it had been, much like riding a bike for the first time except instead of falling two feet you ended up falling fifty. "Hey Andromeda what's up?" Brian asked while keeping a steady eye on Joceline hoping that nothing bad happened to her. Athena flew around the stands happily hooting as if hoping for another treat for her show in bravery. If Brian had anymore treats on him he probably would've given it to her but unfortunately he was out. She would be fine however as Brian continued the slow journey towards Andy.

Andromeda smiled at Brian as he flew nearer, she had to admire his gumption. Once upon a time he would never have flown like this sometimes she thought he would have done just as good in Gryffindor as in Ravenclaw.
"Hey you. Not alot besides yourself and your little friend there" she teased, it was good to see him and to be talking with him. It had been so long, so very long. It felt now though as if the year that had passed, had not effected their friendship at all that they were living each day as it was. Nothing marring the close bond they had always felt for one another, she thought back briefly to the day when he had told her she was like the sister he never had. Right now that was the best feeling in the world.
She turned to look at the young girl who appeared pretty shaky on the broom but was still doing a pretty good job of flying up to them.
"You know I could have gone down to meet you" she told him.

[sorry about the late post ]

Joceline didn't look up when the boy called out to her. A few minutes after Brian landed she landed down beside him, shaking with fear. "He's stubborn," Joceline mumbled under her breath after the girls last statement. Joceline set the boom down on the seats of the stands her hands shaking from fear at what she had done. Then she wrapped her arms close to her chest then looked up at the girl and gave her a weak smile already knowing that her fear of heights showed then she said weakly, "Hi."

(not a problem XD)

"Nah, It's always more fun to fly, isn't Joceline" Brian said with a laugh "keep flying like that and you might find yourself recruited onto your house Quidditch Team!" Brian said encouragingly to Joceline who seemed like a nice girl though a bit scared. "she really did great didn't she Andromeda!" Brian said trying to keep Joceline's spirit up, he knew that flying for the first time was always difficult and figured that if their was alot of positivitey she would feel better about the experience. "So what have you been up to, besides classes" Brian asked remebering that he still had a few class assignments he needed to do, he was feeling the pressure from the new work load and hoped that he would be able to take it, even though he was only taking three extra classes it was still alot of work.

Andromeda stepped back to allow the girl room to step off her broom.
"Hiya" she smiled at her, knowing full well that what the girl said about Brian being stubborn was true. It was funny how only after such a short time, the girl had him pegged already. This cheered Andromeda up no end.
"You are really good, was that your first time?"
Andromeda loved nothing more than encouraging anyone in her favourite past-time, one she sorely missed now.
"Not been up to much really, prefect duties and meetings. Club meetings and classes mostly. Trying to keep on top of my assignments as much as possible, certainly don't want to fall behind now" she smiled sitting down on the bench again.
"I see Athena is as mad as ever, fearless or brainless I ask myself" she teased him.

"No thank you," Joceline mumbled under her breath replying to his comment about joining the Slytherin Quidditch team. Joceline looked up at Andromeda and shook her head once and said, "No, I tried once or twice before to try and show up my stupid half brother so he would stop bullying me..it didn't work." Joceline sighed inwardly then fell silent as the two friends spoke feeling very awkward about this whole thing.

"well he sounds like a jerk, does he go here?" Brian asked a bit curiously wondering if perhaps this was why she didn't like flying that much. Looking back he noticed that Athena was still circling the stands hooting every now and then in a feeble attempt to get some attention, Brian really did enjoy having her for a pet even if he didn't depend on her that much "yeah she's been couped up all summer so she's been a bit clingy lately" Brian said with a bit of shrug. The sky was brilliant and Brian was glad to be able to enjoy it outside rather than inside trying to figure out how to get his COMC or Ancient Runes workload done, he was extremly grateful that he was only taking three classes rather than four or more.

Joceline nodded her head and said, "Yeah he's in Gryffindor, Aiden Lorka." Joceline's blue eyes flamed with anger as she spoke his name, and she clenched her fists as her arms were across her chest. "Do you know him?" Joceline asked nervously hoping that no one else would start ragging on her as his girl friend had. And she winced slightly with fear, she had been on the verge of tears when the girl had approached her in the common room. Joceline hated the Lorka's so much, she just wanted to go back to France and have her Mom alive now.

Brian thought about the name for a moment "Aiden Lorka?.... OH!" Brian said smacking himself in the head with donning realisation "that Prat I almost jinxed last year for making fun of Zazuka!" Brian said as the memory came back to him "that guy is your step brother!?" Brian said in stunned disbelief remebering just how much of a jerk that guy was, it wasn't surprising that he would bully his step sister "hmm.... you should just ignore him" Brian said trying to sound a bit more mature, it hadn't been right for Brian to lose his temper last year and was trying to put things like that behind him now as he calmed down.

Joceline watched Brian's reaction with curiosity then mumbled, "Why does that not surprise me." Her words weren't really a question more of a statement then she said, "Unfortunately..." Joceline trailed off with a sad sigh. "But it's not just him," Joceline protested in a small voice. "All the second years are against me because Gaspard couldn't control himself around my Mom 11 years ago..it's not my fault Gaspard is stupid," Joceline said angrily, getting a bit more confident in herself.

[think I'm getting dizzy from the constant change of characters here]

Andromeda smiled but didn't know if she should reply of not but being a Gryffindor didn't tend to frighten her off so easily and so she spoke up.
"I met him actually at the beginning of this year, he seemed pleasant enough. I got on alright with him actually" she wasn't going to lie just to please either Brian or this girl. She had enjoyed her chat with Aidan and he had seemed like a genuinely nice guy, she couldn't believe that the same guy had been making fun of her bestfriend the year before but people changed and perhaps he had. She knew about second chances and giving people the benefit of the doubt but also her overprotective streak that came to the fore whenever someone mistreated Zuka or Brian came out too. Andromeda listened as the girl spoke some more and as she hadn't any clue who she was on about, Andromeda stood up and brushed down her jeans.
"Well I don't know about you two but its pretty chilly up here, why don't you go back flying. I'll head down to the ground to watch some more before I head off".

[sorry :p ]

Joceline rolled her eyes slightly and said, "No matter, I'm not forcing my opinion on others, it's pointless to even try." Joceline shook her head and said, "Uhm, is there a way to get down by foot?" Joceline chuckled awkwardly, feeling a slight tinge in her stomach, she didn't like flying much, it made her feel nervous and sick.

"Sure there is, over here" Andromeda pointed to the back end of the stand where the stairs down began.
"Brian are you going to fly down or walk down along with us?" she had a fair idea which one he would opt for and smiled waiting for him to prove her right.

Brian thought about it for less then a second "why walk when you can fly?" Brian said casually as he walked towards the edge of the stands, It made alot more sense. He felt bad that Andromeda couldn't ride a broomstick after all that had happened but he also knew that she wouldn't want him to hold back just because she had too. Jumping from the stands Brian quickly placed the broomstick between his legs and pulled up back to where the two girls were "I have to keep practicing before Quidditch Season, I am the Ravenclaw Seeker you know" Brian said with pride. Seeker was the most important position and while he didn't play it much he definately needed to practice so that he would be able to stay on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back