Flying the Firebolt

A

Anonymous

Faciln, Katrina and his father, Professor Kuvari, arrived at the Quidditch Pitch. Faciln was very excited, leaving Katrina with his father after a big long hug. He rushed out into the pitch and took off on his Firebolt.

Zooming all over the place, in and out through the Quidditch posts. It was a rush to have the wind snapping at his face so quickly, a rush he very much enjoyed.

(( I'm gonna go to bed, feel free to reply and I'll pick it up in the morning. :p ))

Katrina returned the hug happily and stood by Professor Kuvari while Faciln flew around the pitch. She watched proudly, feeling very excited to watch him play Quidditch.

She felt only slightly awkward, not knowing what to say to the Professor while they stood there.

(((Goodnight! I'll see you tomorrow!)))

Fallakin watched on as Faciln flew around the Pitch, a great amount of pride swelling up in his chest. I was never that good at flying he thought to himself. In fact flying had been his worst subject as a student, recieving only Acceptables. His strongest ability was always his book work.

"So, you really like him?" Fallakin asked Katrina, he saw it in her face when he had mentioned that she was Faciln's girlfriend. "He seems like a good enough boy" he said.

"My family was one of a line of Gryffindors" he explained. "His mother was a Hufflepuff. I can't help but feel that its my doing that he ended up as a Slytherin" he continued, "No offense. Everyone I've ever befriended from Slytherin were both intelligent and loyal, and those are very good traits to have."

Fallakin had tired of standing, so he motioned toward the seats. "Come, lets sit and converse some more" he said.

Katrina nodded and smiled. "Yes, sir. I really do like Faciln. In just the short amount of time I've known him, I've really gotten to know him. He's really a sweet guy." She looked back up at Faciln, and smiled warmly.

When the Professor implied that it was due to an error that Faciln was in Slytherin, she narrowed her eyes. She came from a long line of Slytherins and was very proud to be one. She tried to hide this from the Professor, so she turned her head as if something had caught her interest.

Still trying to stay positive, Katrina joined the Professor on the seats, and waited for him to continue speaking. She knew that he probably wanted to know more, but she was having a hard time breaking what she was brought up to believe; speak only when spoken to.

Fallakin sat down, looking at Katrina. He could tell what he had said may have bothered her. "Sorry, obviously the sorting hat knows what its doing. I just have a tendancy to blame myself for everything involving Faciln" he explained. He looked at her, convinced that what he had said would smooth things over.

"So please tell me a little about your family, that is if you don't feel uncomfortable doing so" he asked politely.

Katrina decided to accept the Professors explanation, but still was a bit sour about his thought of being in Slytherin needed an explanation. Though, she understood what he was saying. She forced a smile and nodded as if to say, I understand.

When the Professor asked her about her family, Katrina finally had a genuine smile. "I have a wonderful family. Both of my parents went to the original Hogwarts, and they were both in Slytheirn; as well as my big brother, Thomas. My family is very wealthy, my mother has never had to work, and my father only works when he feels like it. It's mostly from an inheritance from my grandparents." She frowned slightly; the fact that she came from a family with money was something she didn't like to talk about. People always treated her differently when they learned that she was "privileged". She couldn't remember if she had even told Faciln about it, but doubted it. She really had no idea why she had even told the Professor. Obviously, he was a good person, in order for Katrina to feel obliged to tell him the truth. Although, there were bits of her family she was going to leave out. There are things that she was told never to tell to anyone at the school, and she had promised her parents she wouldn't. So she smiled and added, "Instead of sending me to a..." Mudblood was the first word to come to mind, but Katrina had seen first-hand how this phrase angered people, "Muggle school, my mother home-schooled me. So I've known of the Magical World extensively since I was born."

She smiled again, and looked up at Faciln. He looked so happy up there on his new broom. She was so happy for him.

Faciln looked down at Fallakin and Katrina, a wide smile forming on his face. It looked like they were getting along, which meant that his Father was at least easy to get along with. He turned his attention back to where he was going, narrowly avoiding one of the Quidditch goals.

Fallakin looked at Katrina, very impressed by her heritage. It helped him understand why his comment about Slytherin would be taken so negatively.

"Ah, Hogwarts England" he said, "my Alma Matter as well."

"I wish I could've immersed Faciln in the ways of the magical world as much as your parents did, though. In fact, I have no idea how he was schooled growing up" he realized. "I just need to sit down with him sometime so we can go over all the intricacies of what was happening when during our lives, I guess."

He looked at Katrina, smiling. "I'm really glad he has someone as nice as you to help him through everything here."

Katrina felt more of her resolve melting, as she smiled shyly. "Thank you sir. I really appreciate Faciln's company; he's a very nice guy." She blushed slightly, and leaned forward, watching Faciln fly gracefully around the pitch. She was very proud and could almost hear the crowd screaming for him. She turned to the Professor and smiled again.

"Hogwarts England? I wonder if you knew my parents? My mother's maiden name was Edyamic." She was unsure as to why she wasn't saying their first names, though she supposed it was because she rarely spoke of them in a..personal matter. It was always 'Mother', 'Father', 'Sir', or 'Ma'am'. She blushed, hoping, that if he knew them, he would know them by last name.

"Edyamic, you say" Fallakin said, scratching his chin trying to remember. "I do believe I remember hearing that name before, though it could've been outside of Hogwarts" he explained.

"Your father though, Redding?" he asked. "Would his first name possibly be Thomas?" he wondered since he only knew one man with the surname of Redding.

He looked back up at his son, he was flying around the Pitch gracefully. It looked as though he had been flying for years, which he very well may have been.

Katrina smiled proudly. "Yes, my fathers name is Thomas; as is my brothers. My father is Thomas Richard Redding and my brother is Thomas Riddle Redding." She paused. "My mother's family is very well known as well. Her name is Kallie Redding, well, Kallie Edyamic is perhaps how you would have known her." Katrina paused again to look up at Faciln.

She glanced back over to the Professor. He knew of her father, though she wondered how.

Faciln continued to fly around the Pitch, coming low to the ground to run his hand along the dirt. Suddenly his knee hit the ground and he flew off the broom straight onto his back. He skidded across the ground and came to a stop by slamming into the wall in front of the stands.

"Ah, yes. Kallie Edyamic, I remember now" he announced, his eyes still following Faciln.

"Good people, I'm sure. I never really talked to many people in Slytherin being in Gryffindor myself, but if I am remembering them correctly they were Prefects and I conversed with your father greatly as Head Boy. Also if I remember correctly he and your mother were nearly inseparable during the last of my years there." He looked back down at Katrina, his blue eyes glowing brightly.

Suddenly he heard something from the Pitch, he eyes caught Faciln crashing. He hopped up and rushed to his side, hoping that his son wasn't hurt.

Katrina smiled as the Professor spoke of her parents. If only they acted like that now she thought, childishly. Her parents never showed much of any emotion, though I suppose that when you grow older feelings change. She allowed her mind to wander as she watched Faciln fly around the Pitch.

When Faciln crashed Katrina jumped to her feet along with Facilns father, and they both went running to his side. Katrina dropped down on her knees as soon as she reached him, hoping he was alright. She turned her blue eyes worriedly to the Professor. "Is he okay?"

Fallakin rushed to his son's side immediately checking him for wounds. He had some minor scrapes on his knees, but no visible major injuries. He looked down at his sons face, his eyes starting to open.

"Are you okay, son?" he asked.

Faciln looked up at Fallakin and Katrina, obviously dazed. His body ached all over as he picked himself off the ground. At first wondering why Fallakin and Katrina were so worried, then clarity coming to him and realizing what had just transpired.

"That was fun" he proclaimed. "I'll have to remember not to do it again sometime." A huge grin plastered across his face.

He took a step and was obviously in pain, toughing through it to get to stands and sit down. He hoped someone would grab his Firebolt, which looked completely unharmed.

Sitting down he streched out his back and twisted his neck, popping joints that were slightly ajar back into place. He had had a wild ride, and was very thankful that he wasn't otherwise seriously harmed.

Katrina sighed heavily when she saw that he was fine. She had wanted to give him a huge hug, but wasn't sure if anything had been broken, so she thought better of it, and instead picked up his Firebolt. She wasn't sure what she should do next, but she was just happy that he was okay. Smiling weakly, she looked at Faciln again to make sure that he wasn't limping or looked like he was in pain. She then looked at the Professor to see his reaction.

"You alright Faciln?" Fallakin asked. He had noticed that his son was in a little pain, but that was to be expected from a crash. He winced a little as his son cracked his joints back into place, the motion had been quite loud.

He looked at his son, quite proud that he was showing the same toughness that he had as a boy. He went over to him and checked out his arms and legs, everything seemed fine. "You'll be alright, maybe just some bruising in the morning" he grinned. "Quite some toughness you got there, son."

Faciln grinned widely, looking over to Katrina. He was happy that he could tell she really cared for him, it meant a lot to him.

"So... you guys want to get out of here?" he asked, slowly standing up.

"Yes, maybe you two should head back to your Common Room" Fallakin suggested. "It seems to be getting late and I'm sure theres other things you could be working on" he winked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back