OOC First Name
Marijke
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Mackenzie hadn't been to the yule ball last year, although she hadn't been entirely sure why. She liked fashion, liked dressing up pretty and the yule ball seemed like the best moment to do so here at school Perhaps it had been because she hadn't wanted to go alone, to spend the evening by herself, to feel people watching as she did. Or perhaps she just hadn't felt like it. She didn't remember, didn't know. What she did know was that she was not going to let this opportunity to dress up go by again. Even if that meant having to go by herself. She didn't care, didn't want to care and certainly was going to act like she didn't. She was sure others would be way too busy spending time with their friends or dates to even notice she had come on her own anyways. Mackenzie looked around as she entered the hall, quite surprised by how much attention had been put into the decorations. She couldn't even remember her own home looking festive for any kind of holiday. They hadn't celebrated anything in years if she really thought about it. The second year got herself a drink from the snack table and stoof to the side, looking around the room and silently observing what some of the other students were wearing. She was quite impressed by some of the outfits the older girls were wearing, already thinking about what kind of dress she would like to wear once she was old enough to wear things that seemed more.. adult-like.

Elara was excited about attending the ball. The getting ready party she had with Kiara was definitely fun, but now that they had separated, the Gryffindor had to find her own methods of enjoying the evening. Entanced by the decorations and beautiful attire everyone was wearing, she made her around around the Great Hall just taking it all in. In a way, dances were like their own performance, students and professors putting on a show for each as they pretended for one night that there was no drama, no hard feelings, no competition with each other. It was a minor spectacle. She found herself near the snack table and picked up a glass to quench her thirst. A girl nearby was also partaking, and Elara shot her a smile. "I like your dress. You look really pretty," she said, hoping this was one of the friendly students at Hogwarts.

Hester hadn't gone to the school dances last year, still trying to wrap her head around living in a magical castle. This year, though, she wouldn't miss it for the world. She had always loved Christmas, and a magical Christmas sounded like it would be even better. Entering the Great Hall she wasn't disappointed at all, staring at the beautiful decorations in awe. The sight of how well all her schoolmates were dressed made her wish she had brought a nicer dress from home, but she was here now, and there was no point worrying about her clothes. Hester made her way over to the snack table, taking a detour when she saw one of her classmates chatting with another girl. "Isn't this beautiful?!" Hester exclaimed, grinning as she approached Mackenzie. "Are magic Christmases always like this?"

((KIERSTEN U BEAT ME BY HALF A SECOND AHAHA))

Mackenzie had been admiring some of the older girls' dresses, as well as silently judging those of other students. Some people really had no sense of style whatsoever whilst others seemed like they knew exactly what they were doing and what to wear. She was surprised to find another girl talking to her though, complimenting her even, and it took her a second to process what she had actually said. "Thank you." She politely responded to the girl with only the faintest hint of a smile present on her face, before observing what the girl was wearing herself for a second. "Yours is.. fun." Mackenzie eventually said when she managed to find the right word for it. It wasn't much to her own style but she had to admit it seemed to fit her and she had definitely seen much worse pass her already. She wasn't sure what else to say to the girl when it looked like she wasn't moving on, still being terrible at carelessly socializing with others. She was even more surprised when one of her classmates joined them, always having felt like she didn't exactly look very much approachable. Perhaps she had been wrong. Or perhaps these girls didn't care, which made her wonder how that would feel. "I guess it is." Mackenzie nodded as she took the moment to look around the hall and silently appreciate the decorations. It did look pretty. "Don't know." She tried to sound indifferent as she answered Hester's question, looking from one girl to another for a second. "I reckon that's different for everyone."

Giselle went solo to the dance, she didn't knew people who she would want to go with. Most of the school was stupid. She had dressed up nicely to her own taste in an yellow dress. The blonde liked shopping and dressing up and was happy with the way she looked, she had never been insecure about how she looked and stuff. But with events like this she wanted to do good, to not be the grey mouse between all. And with yellow she would not be for sure. She walked through the great hall and looked around. Spotting Lius and rolled her eyes, she would not seek her out. She than spotted Mackenzie and two other girls who she didn't exactly knew. Mackenzie had an nice dress for sure and she compared hers and Mackenzies dress to the others, and she know knew why she not hated Mackenzie. She was fine to hang out with for sure. She heard Mackenzie saying something about the girls dress, that it was fun. And she grinned for an moment. That was an way of avoiding saying it was ugly. Giselle went standing next to Mackenzie en looked at the girls. '' Hey Mackenzie.'' The blonde than said and looked at the other two.
'' Who are you talking with?'' She than asked her and smiled shortly.
@Mackenzie Dawson

Elara gave the girl a smile as she complimented her dress. It definitely did feel fun, and she swayed her hips back and forth a little to let the dress swing around. Before she could respond, a few new girls approached them. Quickly, she learned the first girl's name was Mackenzie and then was asked for her own by a blonde. "Oh, I'm Elara," she said, crossing her hands in front of her and rocking a bit on her heels. One of the girls looked familiar, and Elara thought maybe she was a Gryffindor. She gave the the other girls a look as if to ask their names even though she noticed some of them knew each other.

Hester was a little disappointed that Mackenzie didn't share her enthusiasm for the event, but she wasn't going to let that ruin her fun. Before she could comment though, they had been joined by another of her classmates, and Hester couldn't help being perplexed by the Slytherin's comment. "Giselle, if you don't know my name after a year and a half of classes together you really ought to pay more attention." She commented, giving the Slytherin a cheeky grin. "I'm Hester." She added to the younger girl, giving Elara a bright smile. "Your dress is so cute, I love the stars!"

The blonde watched as one of the girls responded. Giselle hadn't even looked at them, or asked directly their names. But one girl who seemed younger than them said her name. '' Okay..'' She than responded to the younger girl giving an judgemental look. She didn't cared too much now she knew who it was. It wasn't like she was gonna remember, and usually she gave people nicknames. Than the other girl who seemed a bit familliar but also not, responded. The girl did knew her name, and Giselle figured that was no suprise. She was kind of known because her quidditch protests often. And that was something she liked, to get attention. She frowned at the girl Hester. '' I just pay attention to things, that I want.'' Giselle than said and crossed her arms over eachother. '' And I guess you didn't make such an big impression than. I don't know the names of half of the school, since I just don't - care. '' The blonde than said with an grin the same way she did to her. Giselle paid attention to people if they did something she liked, or hated quidditch just like her.
@Hester MacGillivray @Elara Chatelain

It didn't take long before someone else joined them and Mackenzie was surprised to find Giselle standing next to her. These didn't seem like people she'd want to hang out with and she was curious to see if the other girl would even try to be somewhat friendly, or polite. "Hey." She greeted Giselle, looking at the other two girls when she asked who they were. She didn't know the younger ones name, but she knew the other girl was one of their classmates and she was trying to see if she could come up with her name. She nodded at the younger girl when she introduced herself, feeling like she wouldn't have to state her own name since Giselle had literally just said it when she greeted her. Mackenzie only just contained herself from shaking her head at Hester's comment, knowing Giselle would definitely bite back right away. And she did. Unsurprisingly, to her at least. She felt like Giselle always liked to feel more important than she actually was but as long as it didn't bother her she didn't really care about it all. She wasn't going to mix in their conversation, that much was for sure, and when Hester turned to the younger girl Mackenzie just kept quiet, taking a sip of her drink as her attention drifted back to the entrance to the hall where new people, with new outfits to observe, were still entering.

Elara was surprised by the girls' snarky behavior towards each other. She wasn't sure what beef they had prior to the dance, but it was a little entertaining. "Oh, thank you!" she said to Hester. Her sisters had assisted in picking out the dress during the semester and had even sent it to her. They were her most trusted fashion advisors. She took in the girl's outfit, and her eyes widened as she met Hester's feet. "I LOVE your shoes." She wasn't sure why the girl was wearing what appeared to be jean material to a dance, but the shoes definitely made up for that. Mackenzie didn't seem to be in the mood to talk, and she wasn't quite sure what the girl named Giselle's problem was. Why were half the students at this school so cranky? "Your dress is very... bubbly," she added, trying to coax the blonde into participating in their conversation.

Hester had always gotten a bit of a sour vibe from Giselle, but she didn't know enough about wizard sports to really understand what the girl's problem was. Flying around through the air definitely did seem dangerous, and Hester had quietly held a little bit of sympathy for her classmate. That evaporated quickly though, as Giselle revealed just exactly how awful her attitude was. "Well, I'd say you must be fun at parties, but you're already proving you're not." She said cheerfully, sticking her tongue out at Giselle before addressing the other two girls. "Thank you!" She said brightly to Elara's compliment, glad someone had noticed. Her dress might have been too casual for an event like this, but she did like the shoes. She grinned at Elara and Mackenzie, wiggling her eyebrows. "Do you guys wanna dance?" With all the fighting in her own dorm, Hester had had more than enough of school drama to last a lifetime, and the quicker she could get away from Giselle, the better.

Mackenzie was struggling with this entire conversation and pretty much just wanted to go back to spending her time observing whatever it was other students were wearing, silently admiring some yet judging others. That didn't seem possible right at this moment though with the conversation that was going on. If she could even call it a conversation. It was more like two seperate ones really: Hester and Giselle being snarky towards each other and Elara and Hester complimenting each others outfits. Perhaps if it had just been her and the younger girl she would've been fine with carrying some sort of conversation, even if she knew she was terrible at that. Why did she not know how to be a kid like they did? To just walk around being all excited about the smallest things? Why did she not know how to have fun? Mackenzie figured it would only take one or two remarks form Hester to unlock the partly-hidden character of angry Giselle and wasn't exactly looking forward to that. She hesitated for a minute when Hester mentioned dancing, suprised at the fact that she was actually addressing her as well and not just the younger girl. It caused her to be torn between decisions. On the one hand the two girls didn't seem too bad so far, even if they were a bit too enthusiastic for Mackenzie's liking they hadn't really been annoying and deep down she thought that maybe dancing would be fun. On the other hand Giselle was right next to her and was one of the few people who seemed to want to hang out with her so far, which was likely to change if she decided to go dance with the other two girls. She looked from Giselle to Hester to Elara for a second, trying not to look too conflicted about the situation. "I- maybe later." Mackenzie mentally slapped herself when she almost tripped over her own words, not used to being anything other than completely sure about her opinions and decisions.

Giselle hated when people said stupid things to her, she never let people walk over her. So the situation was not that amazing she figured and she was wondering if Mackenzie was staying out of it or not. The first year didn't said anything to her anymore so that was fine. She didn't need her attention. But her classmate from Gryffindor spoke to her again. The way the girl said it made her grin for an moment, it was an bit fun but also stupid thing to say or make fun of her. '' Whatever. I just tell the truth. I can pretend, but I'm not an fake unlike most of the people here at the school.'' Giselle than explained and put her arms over eachother again. She than looked at Mackenzie, and she was staying really quiet. Giselle was more of an talker and being the grumpy person who always complained. She was not having the time of her life, but that wasn't strange with the issues she had. '' Go ahead.'' The blonde than said. And waited for Hester to go and dance, she didn't even want to join in. Hester didn't seem like the most worst person, but she didn't knew enough of her to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back