Flying high

Luna Paramore

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" with a Essence of Phoenix Ash
Luna was running out of the castle for the second time that day in a much happier state of mind... Over the past hour she had not only arrived back at Hogwarts, but ran into her friend Angus and caught herself up with him and Hogwarts New Zealand in general. Now here she was running towards the quidditch pitch, Kailey's Sapphire streak in hand. Once she got there she noticed Angus hadn't arrived yet, she looked at her watch and realized why. I'm ten minutes early... Oh well... Luna thought as she mounted her broom and started to fly a bit slowly at first then gradually speeding up flying all around the pitch, if she had to wait for him to get here she may as well give herself a brush up lesson. Aside from one narrow escape from a collision with the goal post she kept the broom pretty much how she wanted it.

"Nice job!" Angus exclaimed, as he saw Luna flying around the Quidditch pitch, Violet's Firebolt in his right hand. It had been a bit of an effort to find his sister - he was worried she would be in the Prefect's Common Room, or the Hufflepuff Common Room, but she had been in the library, and it had been tricky to pull her away from her Ancient Runes text, but she had relented and gone to her common room to get the Firebolt for Angus, along with instructions to be extremely careful with it and that he'd have to buy her an Amethyst Streak or at least a Sienna Storm if he broke it. "I'm not getting up there, though, you're going to have to get yourself back down..."

Luna suddenly halted to stop in midair at the sound of Angus's voice and swung the broom around so she was facing him as she did so. "Hmmm, I don't know!" she called jokingly "Maybe you'll just have to come up here and catch me!" she yelled before flying up another five feet looking down at him with a large grin before speeding down toward the ground, pulling up from the dive and straightening herself out about three feet from the ground and lowering herself to eye level with Angus. "You ready?" she asked

Angus paled a bit at the suggestion of having to get up in the air. "Um, I guess I'm ready," he muttered, a little unsure. He didn't want to come across as a complete idiot in front of Luna, but flying sure was scary...
Swallowing, he placed the broom on the ground and commanded "up!" If he couldn't fly, the least he could do was get the broom off the ground without him on it. "Up!" he tried again, a hint of ferocity in his voice. Slowly, the broom ascended to his hand. "Okay, now what?"

Luna noticed him pale at the thought of actually getting up and flying, it was much like the reaction she had had when Kailey taught her how to fly about a year before she started at Hogwarts, it wasn't the height that had freaked her out, but it was being supported up that high by nothing but something typically used to clean house."Okay, now you need to get on the broom." Luna said giving him a small smile, her own broom up at a level to where her feet were dangling about a foot from the ground.

Angus nodded slowly, and swung his leg over his broom. "Okay," he muttered to himself, as he gently lifted one foot off the ground, and then the other. "Please, broom, hold me up. I don't think your owner will be happy if you send me to my death," he muttered grimly, closing his eyes tightly and praying that he'd stay in the air. As he didn't feel himself falling, he opened his eyes. Sure, he was only a few centremeters off the ground, but the fact that he was staying in the air was pleasing enough for Angus. "Ooh, wow. What's next, awesome teacher Luna?"

Luna noticed him mumbling under his breath but didn't quite catch what he was saying, she didn't think it was for her to hear anyways. She smiled when she saw him hover up a couple inches and open his eyes. She honestly thought that believing that a broom would hold a humans weight was one of the larger hurdles to get over. Sure he was only a couple inches off of the ground, but no one was going to start off flying up as high as she had been. She grinned as he called her awesome teacher Luna, She adjusted some invisible glasses and cleared her throat and said "Now next class, we shall fly in loops about 100 feet in the air!" before cracking up. "But really, lets try to go up a bit, not much, just maybe two or three feet off of the ground." she urged softly giving him a smile

((eep, I thought I'd replied! sorry!))

Angus laughed as Luna suggested they'd fly in loops in the air. "Yeah, how about not?" he retorted, raising an eyebrow. "Okay, here I go. Be prepared to be amazed," he laughed, as he urged his broom up in the air. Slowly, he felt it rise about a foot in the air. "Hey, I'm doing it! Woah..." he said, as his broom began to shake. "Oh, okay. Concentrate, Angus, and don't look down," he muttered to himself, as he focused on rising up. The broom rose - shot, rather - about 5 feet in the air. "Oh wow. Okay, Luna, I did it! What's next?" he asked, grinning despite himself. He could feel his terror rising, but he was determined to make the situation fun.

Luna watched as Angus hesitantly hovered upwards about a foot, her eyes level with his stomach if she looked straight ahead. She looked up to gauge his reaction to actually having his feet off of the ground. When he shot up in the air Luna quickly flew up and leveled herself with him. They were about six or seven feet in the air now. "You seem to have hovering above the ground down pretty good... Now how about we try moving a bit?" she suggested flying a few feet away from him, but she was still within distance to where she could catch him if he fell from the broom and prevent a possible injury... Though she hoped she wouldn't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back