Flying High

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda ran and skipped her way down to the quidditch pitch it was just after 6:30am and the entire Gryffindor house had still seemed to be asleep. She had been restless all night long and knew if she didn't get out to fly today she would be too sick to do it later. The full moon was tomorrow night and she could feel the nauseous feelings welling up inside her, her temper was always on edge at this time too. She prefered being on her own on these days if she could help it, at least now her friends knew what was up but still she didn't like being rude to any of them and goodness knows today she felt as if she were in her worst wolfish mood yet.

All the wolfsbane in the world didn't seem to deter the mood swings, they just seemed to be part and parcel of the whole process. As she entered the pitch she straddled her Sienna Storm and kicked off. Soon she was tilting the head of the broom to give her more height then leaned low so she could pick up speed. She needed this rush, tomorrow she would be in no mood at all to fly and come tomorrow night she would be locked away in the cavern. Andromeda had always favoured the sky and its openness, this whole werewolf gig seemed to have been the earth telling her she had lousy Karma. She did one lap after another enjoying and relishing the freedom and exhilarition.

[hey can I join in here? can edit if you want]

James strolled out of the boys tent early and with broom in hand walked down to the quidditch pitch. It had been one of the first places he had made a point of knowing when he got here. So far everything seemed to be going well. When he got there he spotted a girl doing some laps, she seemed good enough. He sat across his broom and kicked off.
Flying up to meet up with her.

"Hey there is it ok to use this air space?" smiling in what he hoped was a friendly smile.

[eh yeah but now confused about time frame. have you just arrived or have you already done the cup? ]

Andromeda turned about swerving her broom when she heard a voice and saw the boy whose face had been all over the papers. It was Harry Potters eldest son and he was flying in what had he called it, the same 'air space' as her.
"Sure" she attempted to smile her hands getting all sweaty from the excitement of meeting him.
"You're Gryffindor too aren't you?" she could have kicked herself for this the prophet had stated quite clearly that he was.

[so joining in he's not having all the fun. we can say that due to time zones its very early morning before the cup that means we can run off later to get to it or something. they didn't specify which meal or what time did they?]

Sakura stepped out of the girls tent and noticed James walking off in the direction of the quidditch pitch. Not wanting her captain, their seeker to have all the fun she ran back into the tent and grabbed her streak. Pulling her hair back into a tight high sitting pony tail she ran down after him. By the time she got there she noticed he was already in the air talking to a girl. Straddling her broom she took off and joined them.

"Morning people, what's up here then?" she smiled at James and the girl, "better hope Bella doesn't catch you meeting up with strange girls at such an early hour".

[Sounds good Sakura and no they didn't, I don't think so anyway..]

"Yeh, Gryffindor" James said with a smile. "I'm James, It's nice to meet you!" He said, extending a hand.
"Oh hey Sak" James said, smiling as Sakura joined them and then laughed at her joke.
"Yes, she might not be too happy about that, and you don't want to get on her bad side" He warned the girl sarcastically.

Andromeda smiled as another of the HS students showed up. She was gobsmacked quite literally.
"Hi James, hi Sak?" she didn't know if this was an abbreviated version or her real name so didn't want to say anything, she shook James' hand before holding hers out to the girl, "I'm Andromeda most people call me Andy though".

"Well Andy its a pleasure to meet you, Gryffindor too eh? Best house there is no matter which hemisphere you're in" she smiled and shook the hand the girl offered her.
"Do you play quidditch then?" Sakura floated her broom slowly about the younger girl, not trying to be rude but just wanting to keep moving. She loved flying and didn't like just hovering about when she was on her broom.

Ellie had woken to the soft sounds of Andy padding about their dorm room. It was only 6:30, and she wondered were she was going. She lay staring at the ceilin until Andy had left, and then jumped up and got ready quickly.
Once she was in the common room, Ellie could see most of the surrounding grounds, and laughed as she spotted Andy running out onto the Quidditch pitch, she should have guessed! Ellie felt awfuly awake for some reason, and decided to go join Andy. Running back up to her room, she greabbed her Scarlet Streak before running all the way down to the Quidditch Pitch, her favorite place in the whole of HNZ. Stopping in the middle of the pitch, Ellie realised Andy now had two others around her. She had never seen them around an so gussed they were from HS, here for the TriWizard tournament.
With a smile on her face, Ellie swung a leg over her broom and did a lap of the pitch before flying over to Andy, breathing in the early morning air.
"Hey" She said with a cheery smile to Andy and the two Hs'ers she didn't know. Only then did she realise one of the was James Potter, the son of the famous Harry Potter! Looking at Andy she gave her a 'OMIGOD' look with her eyes.

"Yeah I'm the keeper for our team" she told her seeing Ellie coming out onto the pitch and circling about the pitch before joining them. She couldn't help but laugh as Ellie did a wide eyed expression after recognising James.
"This is my friend Ellie, hey Ellie this is James and Saks" she still wasn't sure if this was actually the girls name or not.

"Hi Ellie, it's actually Sakura but the annoying people of the world namely my friends call me Saks because they are simply too lazy to say my full name" she smiled at the other girl who had joined them she flew over to her and as soon as she was close enough held her hand out to her.
She turned back to Andy.
"Hey I'm a keeper as well. Well actually I'm the keeper. If you need any tips or help with some practise just shout yeah" smiling she turned to Ellie,
"Do you play quidditch as well?"

Andromeda felt starstruck, the two HS students were both Gryffindor and seemed very cool. She couldn't believe that Sakura was also a keeper that just happened to be the coolest yet. She would definitely take her up on her offer it would be great to get some tips from another keeper.

"I better get some more laps in before I seize up on my broom".

"Hi Ellie, are you Gryffindor too?" he smiled at her the fact that she had been all wide eyed and full of awe at the sight of him not phasing him in the slightest. He was well used to this.
"Hey Andy if you're doing laps I'll join you, come on you two. Get some exercise in" he pulled out what looked like a stop watch and pressed it before taking off in the direction of the North Scoring Zone hoops.
"Nice Gryffindor stands you got, not too shabby at all" he hollered back.

Bella had woken in time to see Sakura grabbing her broom and racing out of the tent. She looked at her watch and groaned, what was she up to now? She rolled over to go back to sleep when a thought occured to her, what if she was trying or hoping to meet up with Noah? Groaning even louder Isabella got up and dressed quickly into her jeans and jumper. Slipping on her pumps she walked very casually down to the pitch, walking around to where she could see the Gryffindor stands to be. Climbing up the steep steps she shuffled along the rows of benches until she was near the front bench. She sat down and watched. Smiling and shaking her head as she recognised her very daft boyfriend with her best friend and two younger girls.

James broke away from the group and began to head in her direction, she gave a feeble wave still much too tired and smiled at him. He called back some ridiculous comment about the Gryffindor stands not being shabby. She laughed and wrapped her arms about herself to keep warm as she watched them all. Isabella could fly without the use of a broom, only when she was angry of course and she hated it, always had and as a result would not even bother with a broomstick much to James and Sakura's displeasure.

Ellie grinned and shook Sakura's hand. "Yehp, I'm one of the Seekers and an Alternative Chaser! We have about 5 Seekers, Hilary's the main one but we all take shots!" She aswered her with a smile. "And yehp, Second Year Gryffindor" She replied to James. "And I'm guessing your a seeker?" She asked, wondering if he was anything like his dad. She had heard he was amazing!

Mike strode down to the quidditch pitch, and saw Andy, Ellie, and a few others Mike took to be form Hogwarts Scotland. Mike mounted his broom, and flew towards Andy, "Hey, mnd if I join you?" asked Mike.

Andromeda beamed as Mike joined them, she had been in a really lousey mood earlier but was unbelievably much better spirited now. The fact that two HS would be champions were flying with them might have something to do with it of course. She watched as James began to fly off towards the hoops at the far end and holler something back about their stands, when she glanced at them she noticed a girl waving. She couldn't make out from where she was who the girl was exactly but didn't really care. By the time she had turned back Mike was in the air with them.

"Course you can join us Mike. This is Sakura she's a Gryffindor from HS and their keeper as well. The other one flying down the pitch is James Potter" she grinned madly at him, not being able to contain her excitement. "I was just going to do some laps, so hang about or catch up".
She smiled then swerving her broom into a neat barrel roll she drove her broom on to the south end of the pitch.

Mike zoomed around, and caught up Andy "Not...t..the Jam...es Potter, Harrys s...on?" Mike asked. It was quite hard to talk when flying to catch Andy up.

Sakura smiled at the introduction that Andy had made, the boy was so obviously in awe of James as well. She really wanted to tell them that James was just an ordinary bloke and deadly dull when you got to know him but Andy had already zipped off to do her laps and the boy called Mike followed hot on her heels. She admired the moves from both then turned to the other girl Ellie.

"Wow looks like its just you and me then, so which position do you prefer Ellie the seeker or the chaser? You are right about James being the seeker, he's also our Captain" she told her, "maybe we can come out and play with your team someday, if that's ok with your Captain. Would you ask for us? I would so love a game while we're here".

Andromeda laughed at Mikes reaction. In fairness she would have loved to have gone all gooey eyed herself but hadn't really been given a chance to thank goodness. It would have been so embarressing, stammering and stuttering to the only real celebrity she had ever known.
"Yeah THE son of Harry" she grinned slowing down ever so slightly, "hey what are you doing out at this hour of the morning, not like you".

[Can I join?]

Nina walked to the quidditch pitch with her new broom in hand. Nina saw Sakura, James and Isabelle talking with a couple other kids. Nina got on her broom and sped towards them. "Hey guys, I'm Nina." Nina said directing herself to the people she didn't know the names of.

[ok if you're going to join you better get the positions right then - its only Sakura and Ellie in the middle of the pitch/air talking, James is flying towards the North end of the pitch where Isabella is in the Gryffindor stands and myself and Mike are near the south end. please read infuture so your post is accurate]

Andromeda pulled up on her broom as another person joined them in the air.
"Hi Nina" she wasn't sure if this girl was from HS or Durmstrang but smiled at her anyhow.
"I'm Andromeda" and then she could feel the moodiness creep up on her, the sheer will to just throttle someone. The whole point of her coming out so early had been to clear her head and get some flying in while she still had the energy too. She was getting some flying in alright but the pitch was packing up like a quidditch game. Andromeda hated the thought that her werewolf tendencies might embarress her now infront of these strangers even infront of Mike and Ellie who didn't know about her condition. Her stomach heaved and she lowered her broom a bit to hover slightly above ground level.

[Sorry :S]

"Nice to me you Andromeda." Nina said nicely. "Are you from here?" Nina asked curiously, she wanted to meet some people from Dumstrang or New Zealand that would be competing. Then she noticed that the girl was lowering herself to ground level and Nina frowned hoping that she hadn't scared the girl away.

James waved back to Bella before swerving off again to do some stupid stunts, it was just their thing where she watched and he did his manly bit to impress her. It never seemed to grow old or lose its appeal, they both always found it funny.
He winked at her before flying back up the pitch to where the girl called Andy and another boy were now chatting with Nina. Smiling he flew over to them noticing the girl had lowered herself a bit.

"Hey Nina, you're up bright and early".

"Sorry dont mind me, flying on an empty stomach" she said feebly, "yeah I'm second year Gryffindor actually Mike here is and so is Ellie over there talking with Sakura. Are you from the other Hogwarts then?" she kind of figured the girl must be as James came back up the pitch to greet her.

"Hey James, it seems everyone is." Nina said then nodded happily to answer Andromeda's question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back