Flying around

Taylor grinned and nodded. "Yeah, ive been lucky not to hurt myself today." She clutched the ball under her arm and flew down to the ground. She passed the ball to Cyndi when she reached the ground also, not sure where she got it from. "Ive had fun." She said with a smile, she was glad she had come up and had a fly around, it had been good.

"Yea...I don't want to push it either" Cyndi said in reply. She was pretty klutzy herself. "We should do this again sometime. Maybe I can get Bruin to let us use a practice snitch..." Cyndi mused wondering if he would let her borrow it. She grabbed the ball from Taylor and took out her wand, muttering "evenesco" as she did so. The ball vanished. Cyndi tucked her broom under her arm, "Are you headed to the common room?" she asked because that's where she was going.

Taylor watched as Cyndi vanished the ball. Taylor couldnt wait to learn such spells. She smiled and nodded when Cyndi asked if she was going to the common room. "Yeah." She said absently. "You going there too?" She asked. It would be nice to have someone to walk back with.

"Yup." Cyndi said as she began walking, "so...where are you from?" Cyndi asked trying to find out a little more about her cub.

Taylor smiled and began walking along side Cyndi. "I was born in England, but i now live in Australia, thats really my home." She said, she didnt even remember england, so she never counted it. "How about you?" She aked Cyndi, her gaze shifting from her feet, so Cyndi's face.

"England. Cool, my grandmom and dad live there." Cyndi replied, "I'm from lots of places, but I was born in Romania and now I live here in New Zealand." Cyndi had traveled a lot in her life, for her father's job.

"Oh wow, was it nice in Romania? Or did you move when you were young?" She asked, Taylor had not been many places, but she couldnt wait to travel when she got older.

"Oh, it was wonderful. We lived near the mountains..." Cyndi sighed, "I miss it sometimes but I haven't lived there in a long time or been there either."

Taylor smiled. "Thats sounds great, id love to travel and see all the sites of other countries." She said absently, realising they were getting closer to the school now.

"Me too" Cyndi replied, "I love the idea of traveling the world. I think that's what I'm going to do after I leave here...travel a bit" They continued to keep pace with each other, at the school steps now.

Taylor nodded, its what she wanted to do once she left too. They entered the castle and began to walk up the Grand Staircase. "Have you got any idea what you want to do when you leave school?" Taylor asked, she was always curious as to what peoples aspirations for the future were.

Cyndi thought for a moment. "Umm...I think I might want to become an obliviator" she said quietly. Cyndi had just begun to decide what she would truly enjoying doing after she left Hogwarts, and while it was easy for her to say what she didn't want to do, she still had some trouble deciding what it was she did want to do. It was all very confusing and sometimes she wished she could just stay at school.

"Have you decided what you want to do yet?" Cyndi said with a smile. She didn't really expect Taylor to know, but sometimes the younger students surprised her with how much they were already thinking about their futures.

Taylor nodded with enthusiasum. "Thats sounds awesome." She said honestly. It did seem like a pretty cool career path. Taylor had given her own future some thought, but knew she didnt need to worry too much for the time being. "Im not really sure yet, but i think it might be interesting to work as kind of like a wizard equivelant to a muggle lawyer." She said a little awkwardly. "You know, with hearings and stuff." She wasnt sure what it actually was called, or if it even existed, but it would be likely she guessed.

"Oh...so you want to work in the office of Magical Law?" Cyndi asked. She had read about out while she was looking into her own career options. "That's pretty cool. Maybe you'll even sit on the Wizengamot as a judge one day" she looked at Taylor, impressed that she already was thinking about her future. She was liking her more and more as they continued to speak.

Taylor laughed. "Yeah thats probably what it is." She said, realising she sounded a little stupid, shrugging it off she smiled at the thought of being a judge one day, but it had its downsides. "I dont think id want to go that far, its alot of responsibility, you know?" She said conversationally.

"Yea, loads of responsibility" Cyndi said as they finally reached their common room. She said the password to the portrait and watched it swing open, "After you" Cyndi said as she stepped aside to give Taylor space to enter.

((should we continue this in the common room or do you want to end it?))

((Might end it here, we can always RP again another time :) ))

"Thanks." Taylor said as they reached the common room and Cyndi let Taylor through. She stood in the familiar and let out a small sigh, she was beginning to love it here. She let out a yawn and turned to Cyndi. "Thanks for today, i had fun. Now i know i dont fail at Quidditch as much as i thought." She let out a laugh.

((Ok :D ))

Cyndi laughed too. "No...you definitely didn't fail today. I'll see you later. I need to go put my broom away and then head to a meeting" Cyndi replied as she noticed the time.

"Yeah." She laughed and nodded her head. "I might go read, I'll see you around." Taylor said with a smile. It was still strange to have got along so well with such an older student. Most were rude to the first years. Cyndi wasnt like them at all, thankfully. "Have fun at your meeting." She laughed lightly as she headed up the stairs to the girls dormitarys, with a final wave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back