Flying and then some.

Brian Getathorn XIX

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
Brian and his Firebolt walked out onto the pitch he had sent Athena with a letter to Proffesor Ana and waited for her to come out with the trunk of Quidditch supplies so he could practice the Seeker position, Sometimes it was a good bonus having your Head of House as a Flying Instructor, He hoped to get better so that next year he would be able to help the Ravenclaws to victory.

It was getting colder and soon Brian felt he wouldn't be able to practice so he decided to get as much of it in as he could before it was too late, besides the cold air helped him get his mind off of things that had been distracting him lately.

Professor Kiara Ana had gotten the letter from Brian. She waited about ten to nine before she set off to the quidditch pitch. She carried her broom under her arm and the seeker supplies in a small chest held out in front. She was excited to begin practice. It was the first time a student had ever asked her for extra practice. Brian seemed determined. Maybe this determination would help the Ravenclaws win in the future.

Professor Kiara Ana entered the field seeing Brian waiting in the distance. "Hello" She called. As she made her way over to him a smile spread across her face. she placed the small chest full of quidditch supplies including a snitch or two in it on the ground. She now held her broom in her hand.

"Morning" she said "So lets get down to bussiness Are you ready to began?" She asked still smiling.

Brian hadn't seen Professor Ana walk up to him and was kinda jumpy when she had said hello, he gave a short bow and said "yes, I'm more than ready Professor!" He was very true to it, he was also glad that she had been able to make it onto the pitch to help him, It showed how much she must've wanted to win the Quidditch Cup as well. "Um... where do we start?" Brian asked wanting Professor Ana's professional opinion on the matter.

"Well" Professor Kiara Ana began "how do you feel about you normal flying skills? Do you feel capable enough to try it with a snitch or do you want to do a few basic flying drills to begin?" She asked wondering where Brian stood with this topic.

"well I've been practicing regular flying drills on my own, I think I would like to try it with the snitch, that is if you don't see a problem with it" Brian said trying to appear more confident, he wasn't sure how fast the little ball would actually be.

"Wonderful" Professor Kiara Ana said happily. She went over to the chest and took out a snitch holding it carefully in her hand. "Now this snitch is blue" she said with a smile "of coarse we know why it is blue" She said with another grin "But also it is easier to see. Now unlike last lesson where the snitches were charmed to slow down" she said "This snitch is at full speed. It is a fast little thing so make sure to keep your eye on it" She said opening her hand enough for Brian to get a good look at the snitch.

"Now being seeker is all about timing. I know you won't be super fast at first or maybe you will" she said "But after much practice you will get faster and faster. Remember perfect practice makes perfect" She said "Mount your broom and tell me when you are ready for me to release the snitch" She said waiting for Brian to be ready. she wondered how fast he would be.

Brian quickly mounted his broom, he had been pretty sure that the snitches before had been slower than normal, and was both happy and dishearted to find he was correct, sometimes it just didn't pay to be a know it all! "I'm ready Professor!" Brian said preparing himself for the long chase that was ahead, he was pretty sure this wasn't going to be pretty.

"You'll do fine" Professor Kiara Ana said as she looked at Brian all prepared. she didn't see that he was nervous. Maybe he wasn't but she hoped he wouldn't be dishearted if he wasn't the best at this right away.

"Ok ready set Go" she said releasing the snitch from her hand. The blue snitch zig zagged around the pitch and flew off right away. Within seconds the snitch could no longer be seen from where Professor Kiara Ana was standing

Brian took off the ground once she'd released the Snitch, unfortunatly it was faster than he'd thought and dissapeard by the time Brian had gotten off the ground, He quickly began to scan for the little blue orb. Flying higher he looked as fast as he could putting all of his concentration into finding it, that after all was key to this.

Looking near the Forward Right side of the pitch Brian saw the little ball, Diving down Brian zoomed after it, but by the time he'd gotten there the snitch was already trying to dissapear again, Brian hadn't lost sight of it this time as he began the chase after it. It was fast but Brian was sure his Firebolt might just be faster, Brian was following it and was gaining on it, closer and closer he began to hold out his hand, it had been less than two minutes and he was about to catch the snitch!

Right when the tip of Brian's fingers touched the surface he notice the snitch fly directly up. Brian had just noticed the side of the Quidditch Pitch, he quickly turned right just barely avoiding hitting the side and probably knocking himself out in the process. Unfortunately he'd also managed to lose sight of the Snitch again, He flew up high and began to scan the field for the snitch again hoping to find it again quickly.

Professor Kiara Ana watched Brian kick off the ground and go right after the snitch. She thought that he would catch it a couple times but the snitch always seemed to slip away. she hoped that he was not losing his will and determination. He was doing quite well for his first time and the time had not passed too much. She was probably as determined as Brian that he would catch it.

"You can do it" she said whispering to herself not wanting to yell and distract him. She watched with much intent as if she was watching a quidditch game in the stands. she could not drop her glance.

Brian saw it again and without any hesitation dived for the ground, The snitch had flown quite close to Professor Ana but Brian couldn't let that stand in his way as he dived towards her. The snitch began to move again as Brian turned and began to chase after it once more this time trying to pay closer attention to the surrounding area. It would do know good to chase after it for such a long time then loose it at the last second like last time.

The Snitch flew up again, Brian followed it trying to determine when it might try to turn again in an attempt to stop him. It was hard to figure out what was controlling the snitch as it seemed like everytime he got close it would zig, forcing him to zag after it. whatever force was behind it, it was a smart tool and even though it was easier to find it was still difficult to catch. Finally they were skimming along the ground. Brian had his hand out reaching for the little thing as it flew a few feet in front of him.

Brina crouched up further along his broom trying to reach out for it but also being aware that it might try the same trick again. He watched intently trying to decide when it was going to make it's move, this time Brian would be ready for it. It moved up but Brian had been prepared for something just like that. He jumped from his broom stick wrapping his arms around the snitch as he and his broom crashed into the ground. Putting his right hand inside his chest he grabbed onto the blue ball got up and held it out into the air "I got it!" he shouted excitedly.

Professor Kiara Ana watched Brian like she was watching a muggle movie in four-D. She noticed Brian fly directly towards her a few times. She refused to move or even wince. she did not want to do anything to make Brian lose his concentration. Brian was getting closer and closer as time went on. The snitch always seemed to get right out of his grasp.

Professor Kiara Ana continued to watch him whispering to herself good words of encouragement for Brian. She wondered a few times why she was getting so into this but decided not to wonder and waste her time. The action was occuring and she couldn't miss a second of it.

Then it happened. Brian leaped from his broomstick and reached out for the snitch. She realized that he had caught it with his happy words saying so. Professor Kiara rushed over to him. "Are you Ok?" were the first words out of her mouth. Then "You did wonderful" She said looking at the snitch in his hand. "Very tricky though isn't it" she said with a smile "But what a rush" she said hoping Brian would be excited about his achievement.

"I'm fine professor!" Brian said the struggling snitch in his hand, it ahd been one of the most difficult things he'd done in the wizarding world but it did give him quite a rush to catch it. "It was hard, and this one is even easier than the real one because I could see it easier against the green grass, the gold one is going to be much harder" Brian said more to himself then to Professor Ana. He was very proud of his accomplishment but still... he would have to get better and even though this was supposed to be a start, he felt like he should already have been better.

((Alright well I'm gonna call it a night! I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight! XD))

"Good Good" she said glad that he was alright "Very nice catch though Very nice" she said wondering why she was repeating her words finding it to be very annoying. "It will be more difficult when we use a real snitch but we have to make our way up to that" she said with a smile "You did do wonderful for your first time" She said seeing that Brian looked like he wanted to do better.

"Well that was a lot of work for today maybe we should call it a day. What do you think? We can always have lots more practices but maybe we should take it easy." she said "But it is your call" she said wondering if Brian wanted to call it a day or try again. she really didn't want to tire him out.

Brian wanted to go again, but didn't want to overdue it soo soon and so conceded. "I think it's enough for today, the next lesson I'm really gonna hammer it in! I just wanted to get a feel for it, thank you Professor And for all of your help! I hope to see you again soon!" Brian said with a low bow as he turned and left the pitch.

"Your welcome and see you next practice just send an owl" she said with a smile as Brian walked off the pitch. Professor Kiara waited to Brian was off the pitch before she took her broom for a little ride. She felt the nice cold morning breeze on her face. She loved the feeling. She loved to fly no wonder she was the flying teacher. Professor Kiara Ana did a few laps before she landed once more grabbed the small chest and made her way off the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back