Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 16 Inch Swishy Laurel Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Rose was a member of both the WIld Patch club and Heta Omega, but if she had to pick which she enjoyed most between the two clubs she would have to pick Wild Patch. It wasn't like she didn't like Heta Omega, especially since her friend Maddie was the president, but she just loved playing around with dirt and plants. It didn't feel like too much of a betrayal to Maddie to think this, as the older girl was part of Wild Patch too. But lately Rose had been feeling a bit insecure at the meetings of the club. Everyone seemed to have taken a class in flowercrown making that she had missed, at least that's how it felt. Rose could knit but she wasn't really crafty outside that, and it didn't really come naturally to her.

So today she had decided to practice on the lawn, She decided to make some daisy chains as they seemed easiest, and found a patch of them without much trouble. The trouble came, however, when she tried to make a chain of them. As easy as it was supposed to be, they were a little squished and the chain didn't look very well made. She sighed, maybe Rory would still like it? If she kept trying, maybe she could figure out how to make one for her three best friends. None of their styles really fit with a daisy chain on their head, but she thought it would look good on all of them anyway. She smiled and tried harder on the next chain.

Camelia Kyle found herself a little on the rough side today, looking over the people that she hung out with, realizing that she did not have many friends at all, despite her kindness. Maybe it was just because she spent a lot of her time making jewelry from scratch, and being by the lake. Her necklace and earrings were made of shells that she found during her time home. After all, even with a job, she could not afford really big luxuries. She saved up every penny she had in order to buy her streak for the Quidditch team. Camelia smiled a little bit as she walked through the corridors, remembering that she made the team, and even scored once during her second game, when she got over her nervousness. Feeling like she belonged on the team was more important for her than actually succeeding as a Quidditch player. Her feet were destined to be on the ground, running toward the ocean. That was where she felt she needed to be for her future. A surfer. So, why was she harnessing her powers of being a witch?

She pondered that as she walked out into the sun. Camelia walked out on the grass, looking at her necklace once more, before wondering if her mother would like a shell necklace. It would be nice. She didn't really pay attention to other crafts around here. Most of her things and items came from the sea. However, her brown eyes rested on another Gryffindor. Camelia remembered her name. Rose. Camelia strolled over, figured that she might as well be friendly and say hi, right? Camelia waved gently, "Hey, what are you doing?" Camelia absentmindedly played with her necklace while she waited, with a gentle smile on her lips.

Rose was trying her best on the most recent daisy chain, her tongue poking out of her mouth as she focused on the task in front of her. She thought it was going better than before, but she wouldn't know for sure until she had finished it. She was interrupted by a vaguely familiar voice and looked up, remembering a bit too late to pull her tongue back in. Unbothered by this less-than-graceful appearance, she grinned at the girl she saw looking at her. It was Camelia, a girl who was in both her year and house. "Hey Camelia!" She said excitedly, eager to talk to the girl. She had befriended a lot of the girls that shared the dormitory with her, but she hadn't really had the chance to talk to Camelia much yet. The girl seemed fun and confident, and Rose thought they could definitely get along. "I'm making daisy chains." She explained, gesturing to her sad attempt. "Or, I'm trying to." She said with a small shrug and a smile. "It's a work in progress. I like your necklace." she said, noticing it because the girl was playing with it. "Is that a shell?"

Camelia had to hold in her giggles because the girl looked silly with her tongue sticking out, but that was a common face for someone that was really focused on a task at hand. So, she was not about to laugh at something like that. Camelia knelt down onto her knees, looking over the daisy chain. Well, it was a better attempt than her first bracelet that could double as an ugly necklace. Camelia did not have her first attempt, so it wasn't like she could show her. "Well, it looks like you are getting there! Making jewelry takes some time." Camelia was speaking by experience on that one, since she had to deal with many failures before she came up with something decent. Camelia stopped playing with her shell, blushing slightly. Camelia nodded, "Yeah. I made it over the break when I went back home. I make all of my jewelry out of shells I find on the beach. Except the big ones." The big ones she just brought home, where her mom cleaned and prepped them, and used them for decoration throughout their home or on their boat. Camelia felt that she needed a shell on her at all times, to remind her of home.

Rose smiled brightly at the girl, happy she said she was getting there. "Thank you, I'm trying." She said brightly. "I might give it another try, though I feel a little bad picking all these daisies." She said, frowning as that just occurred to her. "Though I suppose there are a lot of them here, maybe it's okay? I should ask Professor Carter." She let it go and smiled at her dorm mate. "I'll make you one." But then she gasped as the girl said she had made the necklace. "You made that? Really?" She asked, her eyes wide. "That's amazing! You're so creative!" She said, "can you show me sometime?" She asked, suddenly realizing her daisy chains were simple and kind of silly compared to Camelia's skills.

Camelia shifted her position and dropped her fingers from her necklace that she kept fiddling. Rose seemed to be really sweet, and Camelia instantly regretted ever not talking to her sooner. Camelia smiled, and pointed out, "I'm sure that Professor Carter probably has a million seeds. He needs to in order to keep up with the Wild Patch Club taking all the flowers, you know?" The Gryffindor wanted to, at least, get rid of that frown that crossed Rose's face. "That would be really sweet, since I know nothing about chaining daisies." That was the solid truth. She always messed with shells and never anything else. Though poking holes in them without cracking them was something she had yet to master completely. She only got lucky on her necklace. "Sure! We would need a beach since the lake doesn't have the colorful shells. Or any shells, actually..." Camelia shrugged her shoulders. "Or I can owl my mom to send me some and we can practice in the dorms?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back