Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual (Jason)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Whippy Oak Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Matthew really wasn't sure why he kept coming to these parties, as he never had a date unlike most of his classmates, and the only girl he wanted as a date was on the other side of the world. He missed Leah so much, and the view of couples dancing made it even worse. Especially as he knew that she only saw him as a friend, which she had made clear to him by reacting badly to him kissing her last year. Still, the spectacle of the Great Hall wasn't something he really wanted to miss, and he had met some nice people at these events so far. Dressed more casually than most, he leaned against one of the walls with his camera in his hand. After talking to November during the Yule Ball, he realized the beautifully decorated Great Hall was a good opportunity for a photo. He could only hope no one mistook him for an official year book or paper photographer, as he would hate to disappoint anyone. He wasn't planning on taking pictures of people, anyway. He focused his camera on the ceiling, snapping a few shots of the canopy overhead.

Alessio hadn't been to a dance in years. But if he wanted to get out of his depressing state of mind he had to make the effort not to be alone, maybe being around others his age was just what he needed. So he prepared for the dance in no time and arrived to the great hall. Al had decided not to wear a tux or anything fancy, so he rocked up in just something basic - black jeans with a white button-up shirt and black jacket. He believed it was presentable enough. It was only a matter of moments before he spotted someone who didn't seem to be waiting for anyone specifically, or who was alone. It was easier for Al to approach someone who was by themselves than a group. "Hi. Matthew, right? I bet the pictures you take are amazing." The boys shared a dorm and although Alessio had basically been hiding himself from the social world he wasn't ignorant enough not to remember the names of those he shared a dorm with.​

Aion smiled down to his best friend, feeling as though he'd hit the jackpot during the last few weeks. He'd had more fun that evening than he'd had in the last year, and after a session of dancing, it was time for him to take a break. Heading over to the refreshments table he took another drink of the punch. It wasn't too bad, much better than he expected from a school, and way better than anything Durmstrang served up. He looked up to see another student leaning against the wall, looking as though he was trying to ignore the festivities going on around him. Aion still needed his recommendations, and grabbing another drink he headed over to the Hufflepuff. As he was making his way over, another student had had a similar idea, and Aion grinned at them both. "Hey" He said, glancing between them. Now he had the wrong number of drinks in his hands for the trio. "Here" he handed over the fresh glasses, as though that had been his plan all along. "I bet he's taking photos for the yearbook" He added encouragingly. He didn't know the second student, but given he was in such a good mood, he was up for making new friends.

Matthew was just starting to wonder if he would be standing here on his own for the entire evening hwen he was approached by a boy he recognized from his own dormitory. Lowering his camera, he smiled at Alessio. "Hi, yeah it's Matthew." He told the boy, not blaming him for not being sure as he hadn't been around for very long yet. "I don't know about amazing, though." He said with a shrug. "I just enjoy it."

Then the two were joined by Aion, a Ravenclaw in a year above them. Matthew gladly accepted a drink from him. "Hey." He said with a smile. But then the Ravenclaw said he was probably taking photos for the yearbook and Matthew grimaced. That was the assumption he didn't want made. "No, actually. I'm just taking some of the decorations and the hall today. I'm not actually part of the yearbook, or the paper. It's weird, I know."

Alessio smiled as Matthew confirmed his name, one would think that for the past year Al would be sure but he pushed the thought out of his head anyway. "That's good, at least you found a hobby." The sixth year hufflepuff had no idea what he liked other than reading and spending time outside when it was quiet and there was nice weather. That was barely anything useful. The two Hufflepuffs were soon joined by an older Ravenclaw, and Alessio was taking any opportunity he could to befriend others before it was too late and he graduated. Besides when he grinned Alessio got the impression that he was a nice person, which made it all the easier.

It was a kind gesture of the boy to hand over the two glasses, although it was slightly surprising that he'd only get two glasses instead of three, however the Italian just shrugged and took it. "Hi. Thank you." He didn't miss the grimace on Matthew's expression when the Ravenclaw assumed he was taking pictures for the yearbook, and Alessio chuckled, clearly that was something he didn't want people to assume about his photography at the dance. "Taking pictures is like holding onto memories you don't want to forget," he suggested, offering his view on the subject. Al had never thought about it but photography and cameras kept some part of a person. "I'm Alessio, by the way," he introduced himself to the boy with a smile on his face.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back