Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Sully
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Larch Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Chloë hadn't even been at the school for more than a day, but with sorting done, the feast and her first night at the castle over and done with she figured it would be wise to figure out where the owlery was. After all, she was planning on writing a lot of letters. Not so much letters she would send her parents, although she would obviously do that as well, but more so her brother. Ever since he had started school he had send her letters, telling her about his life and trying his best to make sure she knew he didn't forget about her. Now that she herself was away from home, she wanted to make sure that they wouldn't stop talking to each other. So the first year had made away around the castle. Coming from the Gryffindor common room, she had figured that it wouldn't be too hard to get to the owlery. Boy, was she wrong. Chloë didn't know whether it had been the way the castle was made, or perhaps her terrible sense of direction (most likely the latter), but she had lost her way more times than she would like to admit. Now that she had finally reacher her destination the eleven year old looked around, noticing not only the birds, but also the pieces of dust and owl feather floating around the space. She didn't have an owl of her own and since she didn't want to have spent so much time getting here only to immediately leave again, she was thinking that perhaps she could try to get one of the school's owls to like her. That way, she might not have to try so hard the first time she would actually come up there to send a letter.

Wendall didn’t really know how to feel about being sorted into Hufflepuff. With his cousins having been in Gryffindor and Slytherin, he was the first in the family to be added to the badger house, so wasn’t really sure what it all meant yet. The first year also didn’t really know any of his dorm mates. The students he’d met on the way had all be separated out too, which meant he was back to square one for the time being with making new friends.

Wendall had been trying to find the Gryffindor common room so that he could find Adelaide and go exploring, however he saw a sign for the owlery and thought he may as well make use of the detour, to message back to Olive and let her know where he’d ended up. Obviously she was busier than normal these days, but she’s insisted she be told as soon as he had a chance to write to her.

After entering the owlery, he looked round at the large variety of different birds in marvel. They were all so different and colourful and fluffy! It was only then that he saw another student in there, and the Hufflepuff gave her a little wave.

Chloë had been carefully observing the owls around her for a little while. She wanted to pick one that seemed capable of flying a very long distance so that it actually would be able to deliver letters to her brother. One of the owls had stood out to her and the young girl slowly made her way over. She didn't want to approach it too quickly, because she needed it to stay exactly where it was or she wouldn't be able to reach it. "Hello." She whispered as she approached it, reaching out her hand towards it. As peacefull as her intentions were, the owl didn't seem to pleased with her as it started pecking at her fingers. "Ow!" She muttered, quickly pulling her hand away from it. "So we're definitely not going to be friends." Maybe she should've brought some food with her, that would certainly help get one of the owl to like her. When she turned around to look for another owl to befriend she noticed another student had entered the owlery. Chloë smiled at him as he gave her a little wave. "If you're looking to use a school owl, don't try that one." She warned him, pointing at the owl in question. "It's not friendly."

Wendall cocked his head to the side as he watched one of the birds pecking at the girl, "How am I meant to remember which ones are bad?" he asked her. He couldn't exactly see any name tags or anything attached to their feet, so he wouldn't know which owls were the most friendly. He didn't need one right now, but if he ever did then he didn't want to have to get into a fight with one. He'd considered getting a pet himself, and perhaps an owl that liked him would have been a good start. "You know, most people just post letters. I think you should be able to do that here, with stamps and stuff." he noted. It would have saved a lot of blood sweat and tears by the looks of it.

When the boy asked how he was supposed to remember the owls, which were friendly and which were not Chloë was at a loss for words for a split second. "Uh- I don't really know.." She replied, "I just know this one isn't nice." She finished more confidently, looking sideways at the owl that had just been pecking at her fingers. If she was going to post a letter soon, she definitely needed to bring some food in order to get an owl to deliver it for her. "Hmm, I'm not sure if that'll be a smooth system from here." Chloë chuckled as the boy noted that they should've just be able to post letters. It was a smart idea, but the youngster wasn't sure if it would work. "And owls are probably quicker." She added, wondering how long it would take if they were to send their letters through another method. "I mean, some of my letters have to go to France and even by owl that takes a while." The first year smiled, before taking a step towards the other kid and extending her hand. It was how she always had to introduce herself to grown-ups, so she might as well introduce herself to the other kid this way. "I'm Chloë, by the way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back