Flirting with the Quaffle

Briar was always interested when her friends visited heir family. she had never had the same pleasure. her parents had dumped her in the forest when she was a few hours old, and it was only luck that the passing centaurs had heard her and decided to take her in. "that seems like a pretty good holiday. summer and family seems good. how come you didn't go to your fathers home?" she said, she didn't feel bad in asking him as she was going to tell him one of her two deepest secrets.
briar was ready for the question this time there would be no dodging it it would be the truth. "I never met my family, but they really have done nothing for me. you know when you said that you had a centaur tutor. well i had a whole family of them. I was brought up as part of a herd, adopted by the chief and his mate. that was the childhood i had, i never set foot in a building until i was eight, and that was only briefly, never slept in a bed until i was eleven." she said, it felt strangely easy telling him this, it may have been meeting her sister again, or it may be because she had her own dark secret now. either way it wasn't as hard to tell him as it had been last year.

Minoas' jaw slowly dropped as he was listening awestrucked to Briar's childhood. He knew that she was hiding something but that was completely out of his imagination. That was something similar they had those two. He might hadn't exactly been brought up by a centaur but he was taught by one, several arts as well as how to use a sword and a bow. "You have a pretty unique and awesome family there. Do you visit them?" he asked after he had overcomed the first shock. The way he asked was like he hadn't just heard something unusual, the way he would ask anyone about their family. "Wow! I can only just imagine how great it would be to grow up with those intelligent creatures. I really admire my tutor. Everything he says sounds so philosophical and inspiring." he said as his eyes got lost into the sky with the scattered clouds in the horizon.

His daydream ended ingloriously. He felt like he was falling from the spot he was gazing up in the sky when Briar asked him why they couldn't visit his father's birthplace. He hesitated for a moment, wondering if it would be right to say it. Briar had just confessed a huge secret about her life that usually you don't tell pretty often if you don't trust somebody. His grey eyes met hers. Briar had trusted him so he could trust her in return.
"It's a big story actually. Like Brightstone village or Hogsmeade village in Scotland, there are several other places in the world that only magical communities live there. My father was born in such a place. An island, somewhere hidden in Mediterranean Sea, called Aeaea." he paused for a moment before he continued his story. He wanted to say everything in the right sequence. "If you are familiar with muggles' mythology, Aeaea was the island of the sorceress Circe. What muggles don't know and most wizards and witches who are not from the region, Circe established a city there only for wizards and witches. With the years her descendants expanded her community. At first even muggle-born wizards and witches were allowed but later they changed the rules. Half-bloods and purebloods only could be accepted to come to the island and live there. Of course after they had been allowed first." he stopped once more to see how he was going to continue his story-telling.

"My father is a pure-blood, from one of the seven families that claim to be coming straight from the bloodline of sorceress Circe. When he became an adult he left the island to chase his dream of studyig magical creatures. He met my mother who is a muggle-born. They married, they had me and my brothers. He knew that he could never return back to his parents and brothers, not with my mother at least. I and my brother are allowed to go as we are mixed bloods. One day my father had the risky idea to get us to the island. He wanted to introduce us to our grandparents and the rest of his family as well as to introduce to them my mom." he took a sour expression as he was remembering that day. "The island is hard to be found. It moves around the sea, changes location. Only someone who had lived or visited in the past can find it or if they had acquired permission." he explained about the nature of Aeaea. "We went to the island illegally as my father brought my mother as well. I finally met my grandparents, the rest of my family. It was so nice..." he muttered in a longing voice that was going to be followed with a 'but'. "However, our arrival didn't remain secret and we had to leave as we were trespassing laws. We managed to escape and return back to our home, in another island. It seemed that we had escaped for good but after a couple of years our home and where we were living was discovered and they came to arrest both my dad and mom." he took a deep breath, remembering the reasons that his family had to leave their country.

"We made a narrow escaped. My father was almost caught. We had to live for a while in caves of a nearby gorge. As soon as my parents realised that we couldn't return back to our home, we started living in muggles' summer houses, changing really often our place of residence. In the end, my father decided that we should leave completely the country and go somewhere else to continue our lives. And now we are here..." he said and stretched his arms, leaving a soft sigh. "We are still wanted. They are looking for us but my father says that we are safe here. Of course now you can see that our holidays back home weren't that careless. We had to be in constant vigilance. We were meeting family in different islands so we won't get caught." he finally finished his story after a long, long narration. He turned and faced Briar to see her reaction. He had just trusted her with his biggest secret. He hadn't say to anyone else about his origins and the reasons why his family decided to travel from Greece to New Zealand.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry this is big :p but this is how it is.

briar was surprised at how easily he was taking her story, it was actually funny watching his expression change because of it. however the next question made her think a little. "they were a pretty cool family. unfortunately then i left to be a witch they basically told me that i was no longer art of the herd and kicked me out. I haven't seen any of them sine my eleventh birthday, except one. Aspen who was like my sister has been kicked out too, and has some how made her way to the school and is living in the forrest." she said, wondering if minioas would go looking for her, knowing the boy he probably would, she just hoped that he wouldn't get caught up in the wrong part of the forest like her stepfarther had done the year before. "it was a great childhood, a lot simpler than most i would imagine" she said.
when he cam to answer her question she had expected a short answer like we ran out of time, or even we aren't allowed there. however he gave his families story. it was really interesting she had obviously heard of wizard only communities but she had never thought that where were wizard only islands, and she had certainly never thought that islands could move around. "I have never heard of Aeaea, or circe, maybe i would have done if i listened in a history of magic." she said after he first paused. she then listened to the rest of the story it was pretty amazing. "wow you seem to have a pretty unique childhood there yourself. all of the moving around, i can relate to but not in the same way" she said, the reason her family moved to get food mainly, not to escape the law. "your farther seems like a pretty brave man, putting aside his life to be with your mother." she said before pausing to finish her sandwich that had sat forgotten in her hand as minoas told his story. "it must have been nice to meet your grandparents though even if you had to keep a constant eye out for trouble." she said.

"Nice! At least you have your sister around here than having no one. I'm sure your centaur family still cares for you. It's just their rules that they had to do that in the end." he tried to raise Briar's spirits. Centaurs had feelings as well. If they had brought up Briar they would have done that with care and love. And love was an everlasting emotion. If it could be called an emotion.

Minoas had felt as if a huge load has been lifted out of him. It was something that he always wanted to share with someone trustful and he was glad he did. He was feeling a lot better than before that he had to keep it sealed within him. "I'm not surprised that you haven't heard about the island, although if you were a fan of transfiguration you would know that my ancestor was a pioneer in that area of magic. She was transforming muggle sailors that were intruding her island into hogs and she had a whole army of bewitched beasts under her command." he said with an awkward smile as he could imagine her palace's courtyard full of freaked out pigs, running around. "But yes the island is generally kept secret. You can't imagine how beautiful it is though. Fields, vineyards, olive groves, ancient temples, palaces, sandy beaches and misty mountains. It would be so nice if it was open to the public." he said with glazed eyes, looking in the horizon.

When Briar referred to his father, Minoas felt instantly proud for him. The young Gryffindor had a special bond with his father. It wasn't only a son and father relationship. They were companions, soul mates and friends. "I really hope to be at least a little like him when I grow up. There is one thing that he always advises me. When I can't say what is right or wrong, I should ask my heart. It always knows." he shared the inspirational words his father was telling him every time Minoas had to be separated from his family. "I guess he did the same thing. He might have sacrificed other parts of himself but I see that he's happy now." he said and looked away by turning his head away from Briar. He felt his eyes warm which meant that they were filled with tears. He managed to hold them while he was pretending that he was watching a loud flock of crows, emerging from the tree tops of the forbidden forest. When he was sure that he was looking again cheery he turned again to Briar and continued. "Yeah my grandparents are awesome people too. I wish I could spend more time with them as well but I'm content that I had the opportunity to see them again." he said thankful for having the chance even though it was risky. After all that soul-opening, he realised how many things he had in common with Briar. They were both in some way casted away, yet they were both strong and ready for life.

Minoas stood up with a wide smile. Their break had taken too long with all the chit chat. "Ok coach! Let's get moving! What's next?" he said as he was picking up his broom, ready to mount it again.

Briar nodded when he said at least she had a sister near by. "yep, i really should try and find her again, I've only seen her once since I left them, and then it wasn't the best time for a catch up." she said remembering how shocked she had been when Madlyn had dragged her down to the forrest, it had just not been right trying to catch up six years worth of time whilst trying to find the body of your adopted farther. then the end of year had happened too fast and she hadn't had chance to go back.
she laughed when he said that the hadn't been paying attention in transfiguration. and that his ancestor had been a pioneer in transfiguration. she laughed it was only a small chuckle but it was the first real laugh she had given all week "you caught me, that class was never my favourite, but always a good time to look out of the window at the grounds and plan an adventure or wok on quidditch moves in my mind" she said smiling. "it sounds like a really beautiful place" she said trying to imagine it. she smiled when he said that he was proud of his farther and saw a slight glint in his eyes when he spotted of him. she put her arm around his shoulders in a comforting manner. "I am sure that you will be like him when you are older, you have already faced acromantula and a furious Professor Kingsley (which in some respects is worse)" she said letting him go, she had almost said one more thing but thankfully she had stopped herself. she wasn't anywhere ready for her latest adventures to be out in the open yet. she was glad that she had shared what she had with her friend brother (well that is what he was to her now, if he liked it or not)
she smiled as he got up ready to fly again. "Are you ready to practice passing?" she asked it was one thing that she had noticed was poor about the team the precious year, they went in tune with each other and that could be seen by their lack of passing, she knew that she was also to be blamed as a ball hog. she picked up the quaffle feeling a lot better than before and heading to the centre of the pitch.

"You should do. I'm sure you'll have to say a lot of things after so many years apart." he advised her about her centaur-sister. He just then realised that Briar was not made for normal things. Her first family was a herd of centaurs and now her new family were half-giants. Most people might be finding it abnormal for a person to grow up like that but Minoas was finding it really interesting and unique. "That explains a lot actually about your knowledge in herbs and your survival skills like climbing trees." he said as he was feeling like he was solving slowly a complex puzzle about Briar's past and present.

He couldn't but laugh as well when Briar told him what she was actually doing during her transfiguration classes.
"Way to kill my hopes that you were going to teach me a complicated, cool, sixth years' transfiguration spell." he teased her as they were moving to the center of the pitch. He felt an arm around his shoulder and listened to the kind words of Briar. He smiled instantly when she referred to what he had faced off and chuckled when she talked about professor Kingsley. "True that is something that my father was lucky enough to not encounter in his life." he added jokingly although he quite liked professor Kingsley regardless the detention she had goven to him last year. He mounted his broom and kicked to soar up in the air. "Ready! Let's begin!" he nodded and waited for further instructions.

Briar smiled "I am sure we will, i am still wanting to know why she is here and not back at home" she said, she could hazard a guess that she had been up to her usual antics but she wanted go be sure first. when she had been younger they had joked that they had been born the wrong way around she should have been the centaur and Aspen the human. "that was the basis of my leaning as a child, the useful stuff, what you should not eat due to poison, what you should eat, and what makes you better. I was never taught to read or write properly until i was eleven, thats why i hate reading and writing essays now, it just takes too much concentration" she said truthfully. she would much rather be doing what she was writing about than actually writing about it. "I wouldn't be able to tell you anyway, i am not doing transfiguration this year. you get to drop a heap of classes for sixth and seventh year and that one didn't make my list." she said. she smiled along with him the only thing that was left from her summer in her head was the feeling of tiredness. and for the time being she was thankful for that. spending time with the boy had really helped her take her mind off things. "everyone has their own trials, and challenges, I am sure you will have plenty of chances to be strong in the future" she said before mounting her broom and taking off. firstly just a couple of loops passing to each other I think."[/b] she said slowly starting to circle the pitch and speeding up a little. she passed the ball to minoas and was ready to throw it back when he returned her pass.

Minoas thought of several reason of why Briar's sister might had left her family and arrived in Hogwarts forest.
"Maybe she followed her heart as well. Maybe she felt the need to explore what's outside the little world she knew." he said, knowing that centaurs within a herd, couldn't really leave the safety of their family. He felt really bad as Briar was referring to the useful staff the centaurs had taught her about herbs. His own tutor had taught his as well but he wasn't really paying a lot of attention when it came to herbology. He was good though at the astronomy staff that his tutor spent time on, as well at the more physical activities they were used to practise.

"I can see why you didn't know how to write or read back then. No use of it out in the wild. Sometimes I'm feeling really blessed that a centaur shares his knowledge with me but there are times that it's too much for me. Do you know that during breaks I have to attend to other 'kind of lessons'?" he revealed as he was following her at a lap around the pitch. He then grabbed the quaffle passed to him. He holded for a while, until they were aligned and tossed it back to her.

Briar nodded as minoas suggested reasons as to why aspen was in the castle grounds. "maybe" she said although she remained unconvinced, centaurs didn't usually leave of their own free will, especially females as young as her, and if she had why had she ended up here. she didn't say any more on the matter she just decided to spend that afternoon or the following day looking for her sister.
she was glad that the conversation continued as they begun flying it was a fun way to keep tow things going at once. she easily caught the ball it flew towards him and she threw it back but not before saying "try a little further apart and aster". she sped up a little on the broom. "I am actually surprised that any centaur would do that. He must be a pretty close friend." she said throwing all the passes back with relative ease. "I sort of get what you mean that it can be too much sometimes. I guess i have been learning all of those things since i could talk I guess i am used to it" she said.

Minoas catched again the quaffle this time he had to raise a bit his body off the broom to do so.
"Not really. Centaurs in Greece are being respected after several treaties and laws they were applied in the future. Now they are big educators. They used to raise and educate wizarda and witches, known as heroes to muggles of that era and now they do the same." he explained how different was the situation for centaurs in his country. Judging from the centaurs of this school, he could say that things were slightly different. People seemed to be afraid of them rather than taking advantage of their knowledge, offering some respect. That's why the local herd was confined in a small area in the forbidden forest.

"There are several different lessons taught in magical schools around the world and that's the case again with my homeland. During school breaks I have to study different staff with my tutor. Staff that they don't teach here but my family thinks that are important." he concluded and flew away from Briar, creating the distance of 10 meters between them. He sped up as well, holding with only his right hand his broomstick. He used the broom's bipod to step on and raise his body again before he sent the quaffle towards Briar.

Briar nodded, she had heard that in some places that humans had managed to live with centaurs, but she had always thought that it was just a myth, apparently not. "that is odd, I always thought that centaurs hated magic. I wonder why it is different in Grease" she thought out loud. throwing the ball continually back and forth as they flew.
she wondered what other stuff he was being taught by his tutor, she tried to think about what they were missing in the school education. a lot of detail on the stars for sure, and an in depth knowledge of healing plants but other than that she couldn't think. "what sort of stuff?" she asked interested as to what his family thought was important. she threw the ball back to Minoas easily able to make the ten meters between them. "when you pass try and not make it so obvious when or where you are going to pass" she suggested. she wanted to work on a technique with him that was hard to pull of but an awesome technique once it was perfected, it was called the reverse pass but first she wanted to make sure that he was up to it.

Minoas nodded as Briar learnt something new about centaurs and continued by adding. "I'm sure in other places they might treat them equally or worse than here. The word is full of different places and habits.". He wanted to travel and explore that world when he was going to grow up and was finished with school. But that was long way away.
Minoas holded for a while the quaffle as he was enumerating in his mind the staff that he had already taught and the staff that he was going to learn later in his life.

"Well of course centaurs are good in herbology and astronomy. Way better than us so before I came to school I had covered with my educator, a range of staff. I'm not very good in herbology but I found first years' astronomy pretty easy. I already knew most of the staff referred in the class." he said, glad that he hadn't to try and study a lot for that subject. "There are other staff that I'm practising this period during holidays. More physical, like arching and swordmanship. Then there are more theoritical parts such as philosophy and mythology. Arts and crafts like sculpting, blacksmithing and music and finally there are those lessons that are taught in my county's school and my father says that I should have a rough idea about them, in the future." he finished, not really sure if he had forgot anything. He felt a little bad as he had neglecting his practice with the sword and the bow and he should restart it soon. Thankfully the forbidden forest was always a good place for such kind of activities, away from public's eyes. He was pretty sure that Briar was going to find some of them pretty useless. He did himself, philosophy for instance but it was a part of his family's and country's culture.

"I was quite surprised that there is no class about wandless magic here. Wizards around Mediterrenean are really using wandless magic. Very advanced but useful. Other lessons that are taught there and not here are an introduction to dark arts and my favourite, elemental magic." he said and his eyes flashed when he spoke about elemental magic. "We are not really practising dark arts. We just get some encyclopedic knowledge." he sorted out so Briar wouldn't get the wrong idea. He then tossed the quaffle to her with a smart shot underneath him and his broom, making it quite unpredictable for his playmate. "I can't wait until I'll be taught elemental magic. I have to wait a long time until then but it is worthy. Of course a centaur cannot use elemental magic but they have greater understanding of the elements and that's essential for that branch of magic." he said while he was daydreaming on his broom, not paying attention to the new pass of the quaffle from Briar.

Briar guessed that Minoas was right about the centaurs. how they were treated would vary from place to place. she flew a little faster and caught an interesting throw the boy had passed from under the broom. it was an interesting show, good for confusing those who were opposing but it was a shrow that lacked some of the necessary force and accuracy. "archery is certainly very useful. and swordsmanship has its times too" she said. she had been a good archer since she was little, able to hit a deer or rabbit whilst in pursuit. the theoretical things sounded interesting but possibly slightly boring, and the arts was one thing that she was glad was not required of her, to her sculpting seemed like a waste of time, the only things that sculpting was useful for was bows, and utensils which wasn't really art, but craftsmanship. "I can see wandless magic being usefull" she said briefly remembering what had happened when she had been attacked by dederick up the mountain, she was sure that there was some magic going on but she wasn't casting it, at least not intentionally, it may have been like the magic seen in young witches or wizards, just coming out when needed in life threatening situations, whatever it was she was thankful for it. introduction to the dark arts sounded ominous but elemental magic seemed interesting. "what exactly is elemental magic?" she asked. pulling forward slightly and throwing the ball casually over her shoulder, in a way that you may see muggles throwing stuff they didn't want away. it was a hard pass to get right but a good one to confuse opponents who weren't paying full attention. casually throw it away and keep on flying as though you still have it.

The combination of his daydreaming and Briar's hard but smart pass, resulted into being hit on his head by the quaffle. Embarrased he was brought back from the imaginary place he was lost and catched the ball before falling on the ground. He then flew higher at the same level with Briar, keeping a distance to keep working on their passes. "Elemental magic is the advanced study of spells and charms that have as a base the elements. Depending on your skills you might be even able to summon tidal waves and hurricanes. My dad once managed to create a miniature volcano in our backyard. It seemed really tough to do that but it was so cool. You can say that incendio charm is an elemental spell though it's so trivial that you can cast it without understanding the element of fire for example. I don't know much but from what I have hear you must feel, become one with the element that is the base of the spell." he explained with such an excitement in his voice. It was like honey was dripping from his tongue. He then passed the Quaffle, throwing it a bit upward, giving it an arc-like course towards Briar.

"Yeah wandless magic sounds really helpful. I would like to see my opponents face when he would have managed to disarm me but still I'll be able to use magic without my wand." he said with a smirk, imagining the surprise that someone would have in such a situation. Minoas loved duelling. Some good competition was always welcoming. By duelling different people you could learn new spells and duelling techniques.

briar turned around when she saw from the corner of her eye the ball hit his head and fall. "are you okay" she said flying around to him. she certainly didn't want to loose another friend. after his explanation of Elementary magic she nodded. "that sounds awesome, you could make it snow, stop raining, and make plants grow and fruit, It sounds hard" she said. but she could see the use in it. she would quite like to be able to do that, but she wouldn't want to do the study.
she caught the quaffle as it came flying towards her. "it would bee good just to get a picture of their face when that happens" she said laughing. she was glad that she had med Minoas last year. he was a good friend. she threw the ball back to him backhand. "have a go at throwing it backwards like i did before, Its a pretty advanced move so don't worry if you don't get it today" she said dropping behind him ready to fly to wherever the ball would end up.

"Yeah I'm alright! I was just absent-minded." he said with a laugh as he found comical the way he stopped daydreaming. Briar seemed to had get what exactly was elemental magic. "Exactly you are right. Yeah it is. Not everyone is made for elemental magic. You have to be patient and understanding. It's even tougher to work with spells of the opposite element of yours. My element for example is water so I might never be able to summon a miniature volcano." he explained another aspect of that interesting branch of magic.

He laughed along with Briar when she said that she would like a picture from a surprised opponent. "I don't have any enemies yet but I like the element of surprise anyway." said the young Gryffindor, not really wanting to make enemies. As Briar advised him to try out her backward passing, he nodded and sped up. As soon as he was several meters in front of her and slightly right, he passed the quaffle by throwing it over his shoulder. He wasn't sure where exactly he had thrown it as he hadn't checked Briar's position.

Briar heard that he said that he had been absent minded but didn't respond any further than a nod. she wondered what element she was tied to, she felt probably least tied to water, but out of the rest it was pretty close. she had always been close to the earth as it had been what had given her life as a child, but as a whole it was too slow for her. she had loved air since she first touched a broom, it was fast too, but fire had always intrigued her. "how do you know which element you are?" she asked curious.
"you don't need enemies to duel, when I was in my first and second year there was a duelling club but it it stopped after that for some reason. I think that it was because the professor that ran it left or stopped, and they couldn't find anyone else." she said as she saw the ball flying to the right and not hard enough. she flew for it and caught it pretty quickly. "good try. have another go." she said throwing it to him. she felt another wave of tiredness, but continued to fly through it and not let it show. as she knew that it would be like this for the next few days. she must remember to head to the hospital to take her potion.

Minoas found strange the fact that Briar didn't know her element. He was used to the fact that most people in his family knew which was their element. Maybe not all wizards and witches were accustomed to the elemental initiation. "It's a hub point in a wizard's or a witch's life. Similar to the first wand. If you are interested to learn we can do it in the near future. The process is very easy. Just let me know so that I will have time to prepare and find a day with a full moon." he said as it would be better to see the way you could find out your element rather than explain it. There were some circumstances to be met though and one of them wall the full moon. The rest of them could be taken care by Minoas. "So whenever you have free time just tell me. It will be fun." he concluded.

Minoas frowned the more Briar was talking about the dueling club that used to opperate the past years.
"Crap, I would really like to participate in something like duelling clubs." he said and then grabbed Briar's pass by performing a barrel roll with his broom. He then shot the quaffle behind him, this time checking with the side of his eye, where exactly Briar was flying.

OOCOut of Character:
future rp...the full moon wasn't shoved there by accident :r

OOCOut of Character:
I guessed the full moon wasn't an accident. but Briar will just keep having "prefect duties" on the night of a full moon. and he can not work it out, either (at least for a while)

Briar could have kicked herself when he aid that it would have to be during a full moon. "the next full moon is in two days, but I am pretty sure i have prefect duty that night" she said. letting the story slip out without even thinking about it. she had already gone through it a thousand times with Professor Lloyd, Kingsley and in her own head. between them they had decided prefect duty would be the best cover for the whole part, obviously they would have to come up with something different if she was talking to a fellow prefect, possibly detention, extra tutoring, or maybe an accident. "how does it work though, how do you find it" she asked, wondering if she could have a go some other time, maybe the day before or after the full moon, or maybe a new moon would work better.
Briar nodded when he said that he would want to have a go at the duelling club. "yeah. i enjoyed I just don't think it had enough popularity to worth continuing." she said flying to catch the ball it was a little better than last time but it still needed a lot of practice but it was an awesome skill once it was perfected.

Minoas was witnessing his progress. He was becoming more and more fluent with the quaffle and at the same time he was flying nicely. He couldn't hide his smiles everytime Briar was complimenting his good work and he was thankful for her helpful feedback, everytime she had to correct something. He frowned slightly only when Briar said that she was busy the night of the full moon, with her prefect duties.
"Shame, I'm pretty sure that a full moon is appropriate. Lunar phase is essential but I'll owl my parents to ask them for sure." he said as he was flying along with her.

"The process is really mesmerising. It has to be at night, outdoors, close to nature. There is a certain potion of bright turquoise colour that is used. It's quite simple to make. Then it is poured into a celestial chalice, a chalice decorated with moonstones and sunstones, pretty beautiful artifact. You should also have a transparent quartz stone. No colours just transparent. Afterwards, you place the stone into the chalice with the potion. You should have touched the stone with your bare hands so that it will have on it your touch, your warmth. Then the moonstones and the sunstones on the chalice, shine brightly and after a while the quarz stone is popped out of the potion, covered in pure, white light and lands in your palm. When the light covering the stone fades, you will see the new color that the quartz stone has been taken. Depending on the color you have, your element is the corresponding one." he finished his description and revealed from underneath his jumper, on his neck, a pendant with a beautiful blue quartz.

"I'm water as I told you. Most people that have done that they use the stones as amulets. My grandma make me swear that I wouldn't take it off." he said with a chuckle, remembering how much persistent she was.
"So if you ever find time away from your prefect duties, we can see which might be your element." he said and continued flying making some barrel rolls the one after the other until he felt dizzy.

Briar was thinking when he said a full moon was necessary. she hadn't even had one proper transformation yet and she was already finding things that she wouldn't be able to do, and having to lie. she hoped that she would get used to it. she wondered how she would be feeling in a couple of days time. maybe if she wasn't too bad they could try in the day. but she had read (yes she had volunteered to read something) that she would probably be feeling really ill. she was thankful that on the said afternoon she didn't have class in the afternoon so that she could spend some time alone feeling ill without having classes forced upon her.
she listened to the process, it sounded easy enough, but it seemed like like old magic to her. the sort of magic that people practiced hundreds of years ago, before the more modern spells were invented. before witches and wizards went into hiding. she actually surprised herself with these thoughts as she hadn't thought she had taken anything in from history of magic, apparently she had. "that sounds good. maybe some other time. though" she said changing the topic back from dates which was starting to make her feel uncomfortable to the process. "thats Is a nice quartz, so what other colours are there?" she asked, if blue was water, there would probably be red or orange for fire, and green or brown for earth, but air she wasn't sure about. was it white?
she watched him do barrel rolls. he seemed good enough at them. she found them really useful, great for dodging, good for confusing opponents, but not so good for knowing where you are after a lot of them. "Careful, or you may get dizzy, and i don't want you falling off." she said flying a little lower just in case.

Minoas listened to Briar's advice of not overdoing it with the barrel rolls. He stopped abruptly, everything was turning around but he kept flying without losing the control of his broom. "There is blue for water, red for fire, yellow for earth, green for air and purple for quintessence or spirit." he recounted all five basic elements. "Of course there is light and darkness but that's chosen during your lifetime by yur actions. You have all the elements in you. Some of them are just stronger in you. I would say that for me water, air and quintessence are the most vibrant. Of course I hope that my morality will make the light element in me stronger than darkness." he said as he started flying fast then stopping abruptly, resuming again and again that task. "Just by knowing you, I can say that air is a strong element in you. People that haven't embraced the element of air are never fond of flying anyway. Or people who haven't embraced water element are usually having nausea on a vessel or hate water." he explained the balance and the effects that the elements are having on an individual.

As he started flying normally again, he had a nice idea for their practice. "I have an idea. What about doing the beater for a while, sending towards me bludgers. That would help my skill of avoidance. You'll be casting them towards me and I'll be avoiding them while I'm holding the quaffle." he made a suggestion that was sounding pretty amusing.

Briar was glad that he had stopped. his turning was making her feel dizzy. and a little light headed. she was usually there rolling with the best of them, flying as fast and reckless as she could. today though she didn't want to, she wasn't feeling particularly well. "so you can work out the main element of someone from watching them" she said part in question and part in statement. "I will probably be air or fire, and maybe earth but i am not that stable, and maybe spirit but i don't know quite what that is." she said swooping around him. tutting him off, something that chasers had to get used to, the opposing teams always had a tendency to get in the way when they weren't wanted."so what does Quintessence do?" she asked, she could work out the others.
she heard Minoas' suggestion she had actually thought about that earlier. she flew to the ground and stumbled slightly as she landed. her ankle was stiff, and she was feeling a little nauseous, but she ran over to the store cupboard, pausing briefly to take a few mouthfuls of water. she took out a beaters bat and a few of the black balls. "Are you ready" she called ready to let them go.

"True but it's not always that easy. I wouldn't know if mine was water or air cause I'm feeling quite close to both of them." he said as the clearest way to find out was the initiation that he had described her. He was waiting for her next question. He had asked it as well when he was younger before his initiation. The specific element sounded really different and at the same time mysterious. Water, fire, air and earth were more understandable than quintessence."There is actually a huge debate between elemental magis about that particular one. My grandfather has told me that some believe that quintessence is the element of aether. Aeather is the material that fills the region of the universe above the terrestrial sphere. It's an area of debate between wizards and witches in my country whether this material exists or not. Quintessence is more accepted as the energy element.
Wizards and witches under that element are natural talents in charms and spells based on electricity. They can cause thunderstorms, lightnings and are also exceptional in healing arts. My mother and most healers are of the quintessence element."
he explained broadly about that peculiar element as his grandfather did as well when he had asked.

Glad that Briar found his suggestion a good one, he watched her from his broom goind down to the store cupboard. He could swear that he had seen her stumbling in the process but he thought that it was just his idea. Soon he saw two bludgers, shotting into the air and Briar returning on her broom, holding a beater's bat.
"Yeah, I'm ready...although you look kinda of intimidating with that bat there." he joked as he body lowered closer to the broom

"so the quartz only confirms it, you can guess fairly accurate otherwise" she stated smiling. she would be happy with a guess she decided. as she wasn't planning to dedicate her entire life to elemental magic, it would be more fun to her anyway. "so quintessence is energy, both electric and foe healing. and if it exists it makes up the rest of the universe in a matter called aeather" she repeated. summarising what he had told her.
she set the bluddgers off and was ready to have a little fun. "I am not the one you have to worry about at least at the moment. its the bludgders that are the pain. one of them broke my shoulder last year" she said. it had been a rogue bluddger, enchanted to come after her. "okay so just try and dodge the bluddgers and score a goal, i will be taking both beater and keeper" she shouted hitting one of the black balls towards him, she could have been a beater if she had wanted to. she could hit the balls well and hard and often when she was angry or upset she would head down to the pitch and let as many of them go as she could find and spend half an hour hitting them like crazy, it was surprisingly calming, and a good way to vent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back