Flash of Silver.

Henric stood with his hands in his pockets, his long cloak fluttering as he watched her with mild interest. "Why don't you pick up a sword and come charging at me, then?" He stated cheerfully as a gust of wind blew past, causing his clothing to flutter about in the wind. "It might prove enlightening."

His face remained impassive, and his smile mysterious; only the most alert of people would notice his feet had changed stance slightly and were poised apart from each other, like a panther ready to pounce.

"Did I not just tell 'ye that I cannot wield a sword?" Art said as her eyebrows twitched. She took a glance at Carlisle warily and back at the sword. "I can't control it. It's too light." She wished that she could just tell him to get ready and come at him with her fists - but that was what she had been trying to avoid.

"Logically I'm not going to have a sword on me every time I want to beat them down. Nor do I want to lop their head off, so..." Art sprung into action. Her leg flew out to his stomach (which was the highest point she could reach), knowing full well that it would probably be blocked. However, if it hit it would cause some amount of damage. This was probably the reason that she only needed to hit someone once. Her little sundress flared up around her, exposing the clover covered tights beneath as her leg flashed out.

Henric blinked as the rash, irrational, and ill-thought out move was sent flying at his body. The pale boy instantly reacted with his sudden reflexes; stepping to the side, he caught hold of her incoming kick, then twisted her foot away from him as he surged forward and landed his free hand near her neck gently. "You're dead." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, smiling at her sweetly.

Artemis narrowed her eyes at him. "Then teach me."

Perhaps she ought to have taken that last kick a bit more seriously. Of course she knew whom she was trying to kick, but she was much faster than that and, generally, a lot smarter. How on earth she was planning on doing any damage while her foot was still injured was beyond her, but Art was being mocked. She screwed up her button nose and glared him in the eyes. "Don't look at me like that. I'm frail," she added, and the corner of her mouth twitched in amusement.

"So where should we begin?" Art continued to glance every so often at Carlisle. This must be rather awkward for him. "I'm not going to start flying at you now," In the meantime her foot was aching like the devil but she was raring to go. Her pointed ears twitched as they picked up her elevated heartbeat and her grin took on an otherworldly air.

"Why?" The boy chuckled, clearly enjoying her torment being displayed on her face. Releasing her foot, he stepped back and swept into a mock bow, dark hair draped across his head. "I do so enjoy your struggling." Raising his head, Henric purred, "Martial arts is not for the foolhardy nor those who don't take it seriously." Turning, he nodded politely at Carlisle and swept away, cloak slithering across the grass like some lithe creature of the night.

Oh no, you don't. thought Art as she turned to follow him. She took one step and half collapsed onto the ground as she forgot about her foot. She grunted in frustration and hitched up her leg. Art began to hop, springing lightly with the one foot and started after him. Even on one foot she kept up with him stubbornly. Despite her irritation, she didn't call after him at any point to stop him and she knew perfectly well that he would keep on walking.

"Well it's a bloody good thing that I would take it seriously, then." she muttered to herself and she bounced over to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back