OOC First Name
Steven
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
If only I had one (Squib)
Did Timothy think that asking the Squib to fix your plumbing issues was a bad thing, or that it was something degrading because they couldn't simply just fix it with magic? No, not at all, on the contrary, he quite liked doing all this handy work for people in the community. He had come to terms with being a Squib such a long time ago that it didn't really matter to him anymore how other people thought about it, as long as he had fun whilst doing it, it was alright to him. Finishing up the leaking drain pipe underneath the sink, his neighbours, the people he had pretty much come to regard as his second family, had asked him to have a look at it whilst they were off working, he put the tap on to see if it was actually fixed. Nope, dang it. Alright fine, there was probably a crack in the pipe that needed to get fixed then. Timothy began to clean up the mess underneath it before trying to find and fix the problem again, unaware of anything around him as he was listening to music via earphones.

-godmod approved-

Cassielle hadn't visited home in a while and decided that it was about time she caught up with her folks. Her mind flashed briefly to the neighbor boy, but she shook the thought from her head as she pulled her motorcycle into the garage. He had most likely moved from the neighborhood ages ago. She had gotten off the phone with her mother not long ago, so she knew no one was home. She unlocked the garage door and let herself in, dropping her bag on the counter. That was when she saw the legs poking out from under the sink. Her mother kept a lock box under the boards down there! A stupid idea, and this just confirmed it.

Hopping over the counter, she grabbed the mans feet, yanking him from under the counter and quickly pressing the heel of her boot to his throat, her entire stance defensive- until she recognized the face of the intruder. She paused, surprised, blinking in confusion. "Timothy?" She relaxed, moving her foot back and offering him a hand up. "Mother didn't tell me anyone was here," She offered by way of explanation.

After cleaning the water up again so he could work underneath the sink once more to figure out what was wrong exactly, he noticed the little crack in one of the pipes as expected. Sighing heavily because he didn't know if he had brought the right equipment with him to fix this particular problem, he rummaged through the toolbox next to him to find anything useful. As he was doing so, however, he was pulled from under the sink forcefully. ''HEY, HEY, HEY! EASY!'' Timothy bellowed upon feeling something pointy pressed against his throat, trying his best not to panic at the sudden start of it all. It wasn't until the woman helped him back up on his feet that he realised who it was. ''Well, glad to know that those karate lessons are useful for something,'' he said sarcastically, brushing himself off. He then pointed at the toolbox next to him on the ground. ''If you had seen that before you attacked me, you may have realised that someone was actually working here,'' Timothy said, rubbing the skin around this throat.

Cassi chuckled, rubbing the back of her neck. "Mom telling me you were here when I called would have been nice, too," She commented dryly, leaning against the counter. "Looks like another win for me, eh Sullivan?" She teased, feeling a little uncomfortable now that she was close to him again. They'd been the best of friends until she received her letter and he hadn't. She'd spent most of her teenage years struggling to get his attention again, and had finally given up when he had skipped her 16th birthday.

Well... she had given up on the crush she'd had on him when she'd gone looking for him after the party, just to find him in the arms of another girl. He hadn't seen her, but it had been enough to break her heart. She'd thought they could be friends, after that, but it was when he'd skipped her seventeenth birthday as well that she had been forced to realize he just... didn't care for her as a person at all. She shifted on her feet. "Well, um... I'll get out of your hair then." She didn't look at him as she turned to walk away, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

''I would hardly call that a win,'' Timothy retorted. ''Not really fair when one of us is already on the ground, is it?'' He could feel the awkwardness between them after that and knew that it was mostly his fault. It often happened that children did not show any signs of magic during their childhood, but when his invitation to Ilvermorny hadn't come in the mail, and he had yet to show any signs of magic, his family realised that he wouldn't be joining his friends at school. The fact that he wouldn't be joining his best friend in what was supposed to be the one they both had been looking forward to since they were little, was heartbreaking. He couldn't bear to watch his best friend grow up and learn magic while he was off to Muggle school and learn about boring geographical stuff. Which was when their friendship changed, and not for the better. He had been jealous, so jealous that he stopped talking to Cassielle and went out of his league to ignore her at birthdays or other gatherings. ''Well, you might as well help me out now that you're here,'' he told Cassielle. ''Could you pass me the duct tape?'' he asked, already moving underneath the sink again. If duct tape couldn't fix this leak... well then maybe they would have to use magic.

Cassi smirked a little at his protest. "A win is a win, Sullivan. No need to be a sore loser," She teased lightly. She had just resolved to leave when he spoke again, causing her to pause in her tracks. She hesitated, but turned, offering him the tape like he'd asked before leaning against the counter. "Sooo... how are you?" She asked, trying not to fidget too much. She also ignored the pounding of her heart from being so close to him again. She had never been able to explain the way he got to her, but that didn't really matter anymore.

Timothy rolled his eyes at Cassielle's comment. ''Well, learn me some of those moves and we'll have another go at it,'' he replied, chuckling a little at his own words. With her as a black belt, he wouldn't stand a chance even if he tried it. ''I'm fine, I guess,'' he said, taking the tape from her and ripping a piece off to stick it on the gap on the pipe. ''I've been working as a handyman for the neighbourhood ever since I got laid off, which is why I am currently fixing your parents' plumbing problems. Could you please but the tap back on?'' If it didn't work this time maybe she could use some of her magic to fix it, if they even had a spell that fixed stuff like that. ''How are you? Your parents told me a little but I'd love to hear it from you.'' He knew that this might be a little awkward for her after years of blowing her off and being not exactly nice to her, but he hoped they could see past that now, they had been teenagers when all of that happened, after all.

Cassi giggled. "I thought you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks," she teased him. She blinked when he said he had been laid off. "Oh? Where were you working?" She asked, reaching over and turning the tap on, not sure what result he was hoping for.

She hesitated as he asked her what she'd been doing. "Oh... not much," She shrugged. "I'm a trained martial arts instructor, I offer one on one lessons with a lot of rich kids. I'm asked to judge a lot of competitions around the world, things like that." She ran a hand through her hair, not sure what he wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back