OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
As Jasper stepped into the great hall, he stopped with a horrified expression on his face. Why was everything pink? Why were there hearts everywhere? Sure, it was Valentine's day, but did things have to be so girly? He followed the stream of students entering the hall, but knew as soon as he noticed the petals dropping down from the ceiling that this was not the place for him. He should have known this entire event would just be mushy and girly. It was awful. But just as he was contemplating leaving before anyone could see him here, he noticed cake. That was definitely a good reason to stay. As he approached, he was delighted to see even more baked goods. Jasper grabbed a piece of cake and took a big bite. He'd just eat some sweets, then he'd go back to the dorm and get out of this stuffy suit.

There just never stopped being something to do at Hogwarts. It was so exciting, having so many events to look forward to throughout the school year. Valentines wasn't exactly Nell's kind of holiday - she certainly wasn't old enough to have anyone to spend it with yet - but the dance was exciting, so many people in beautiful dresses, and surely there would be someone fun to hang out with. Looking around the hall as she arrived, Nell smiled as she took in the pretty decorations. She didn't see any of her friends immediately, but spotted the boy she had drawn with over by the snack table, and decided to see if his mood was more pleasant at such a nice event. "Hi!" Nell said cheerfully as she approached Jasper. "It's weird seeing you in a suit, you look all fancy. Is the cake nice?"

Jasper took a big bite of cake and chewed it, then frowned as he noticed the girl approach him. He had paid attention in class to pick up on her name, so he knew she was called Nell. He swallowed the bite, then narrowed his eyes at her. "Are you making fun of me?" He asked her, uncertainly. "I know I look dumb but it's a dance so you have to wear fancy clothes." He shrugged. "It's kind of mushy and dumb, all this stuff." He said, gesturing. "But the cake is nice. Your dress suits the decorations." He grinned. "I bet you could blend in, if you tried."

Nell rolled her eyes at Jasper's question, shaking her head. "I'm not making fun of you! It's just weird, I never would have thought you even owned a suit!" She said insistently. She was glad to hear the cake was nice and picked up a slice for herself, giggling at his comment at her dress. "That's my secret." Nell giggled, her imagination running away with the thought. "People just think I'm part of the decorations until I pounce out and attack them."

Sierra was loving the dances that the school was having. First a Yule Ball, and now another Dance?! This was definitely the best place in the whole world. She had already danced with a couple of her friends, and had just picked up a drink, before spotting another one of her friends by the food. Sierra skipped over to him with a smile. "Slytherin Jasper! And person I don't know! Do you want to dance with me?!"

Jasper huffed at Nell in annoyance. "Why not? Everyone has fancy clothes for parties." He told her, annoyed. He somehow was annoyed by her comment, though he wasn't sure why. Her next comment made him smile a little. "Attack them how? Why?" He asked her, curious what sort of story she would come up with. Then Sierra approached and Jasper waved at her. He pulled a face. "Just call me Jasper! I don't want to dance with you, though." He told her. "I don't wanna dance at all."

Nell rolled her eyes at Jasper's indignation. Sure, everyone had nice clothes for parties, but Jasper owning a proper suit was something else all together. She was glad her joke about using her dress as camoflague made him laugh though, grinning as she went on. "Like an assassin! I can pounce out and surprise people!" Nell giggled happily. When another girl approached them Nell tried and failed to remember her name, knowing they shared classes together, but no name came to Nell's mind. The offer to dance was exciting though, and Nell grinned in response, though Jasper's sour response disheartened her slightly. "Why not?" She asked Jasper, disappointed. "I wanna dance!"

"Just Jasper!" Sierra replied to the boy, but pulled her tongue when he said he didn't want to dance. How could you not want to dance?! "Why did you come then?!" Sierra exclaimed, before grinning at the girl who said she wanted to dance. "Yes!" Sierra grabbed the girl's hands and started dancing on the spot, before letting go of her hands, and dancing around Jasper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back