Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Straight 13 1/2" Sturdy Fir Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
This would be Corentin's first christmas in years in New Zealand, in over a decade, and it would be the first without his wife. There had been a good number of problems in their relationship and Cory had over worked himself a whole lot in that time with her, but he'd always made sure to be home for the yuletide. he was still looking for work, but mostly sspenidng the time helping out his brother. It was easy to do and the flower shop was busier. He mostly cleaned the place up with no knowledge of any of the flowers that were being sold. Helping him currently was his young son, the little boy was coming up to his second birthday and he was toddling about the place, an endless supply of energy. He missed his mother, but he was also doing better. Speaking in mostly russian but had a few words of broken english. "Amais, son, come here and help daddy sweep for Corvin," he beckoned his son over and with a little wordless magic conjured a copy of his broom but small so that Amais could sweep with him. "That's it, you got it," Corentin was sure that his son would quickly grow bored and want to do something else but for now was helping him sweep with Corvin likely close by.

Corvin was used to the quiet, and suddenly having both his brother and his infant nephew around was nearly deafening. But Corvin didn't mind so much. He smiled as the others swept, finished a flower arrangement and tying a ribbon around it carefully. "Cory," He called out, not loudly, but hopefully enough. "Can we talk?" He asked, his Russian a little slower. It wasn't perfect, but he did stutter less in Russian, his mind focused more on the correct translations and pronunciations. Corvin finished his work and moved around the counter, pulling the stool over for his brother and pulling himself up to sit on the counter while he waited.

Much to Corentin's surprise, it seem Amais loved sweeping, he was babbling and giggling, not doing a particularly good job but loving it. If the store was closed he might've transfigured it into a little broom he could fly around in. Corentin barely hard Corvin but glanced around to him. He was immediately worried about what they could possibly have to talk about, he wasn't quite back on his feet yet and with Amais he knew it would take longer, but he just pushed those feelings aside and looking to Corvin with a little smile and sat down at the stool provided, being able to keep an eye on his son while they spoke.

Corvin smiled when Cory sat down, and automatically ran a hand through his hair. "Cory, I know this is... your first Christmas back," He offered slowly, unthinkingly reaching out a hand for his twin. "What do you want to do? It's usually just me, I make a glass of wine and watch Christmas movies until I fall asleep on the couch. But now with you and Amais..." He bit his lip. "We could do a big dinner? Maybe take him to the parade, put up a tree?" He looked at his brother. "Or would you rather do other things?" He asked. He didn't mind what they did, but he wanted to make sure Cory and Amais enjoyed their holiday.

What Corvin wanted to talk about was not what Corentin had expected. He knew his relationship with his twin was tentative, and they were rekindling a bond that had for a long while not existed. It had been his fault really. But he hadn't considered the fact that he'd be doing Christmas the old way. He gave a little nod, "Sure, that sounds good," he told his brother, since as much as he thought it would be important to have the old celebrations with Amais, he didn't think it was worth disrupting all the other plans with it. "Amais is a bit too young for a lot of it, but I'm sure he'll get something out of it." he said honestly.

Corvin hesitated and shook his head. "Hey," he offered gently. "W-w-we um... we can do a-a-an- um, anything, I don't m-m-mind," He stuttered, clearing his throat. "What did y-y-you um, you usually do back- er, back in Russia? W-w-we can do that," He told his brother, trying to encourage him. Corvin didn't really have traditions, he was really rather flexible about how the spend the holiday.

Corentin felt he'd mispoken when Corvin continued. He frowned a little and shook his head. "No, it'll be good, we can do bits and pieces of what you suggest, so Amais has a good time," Corentin told him with a little smile, trying to reassure him. "Well...we celebrated christmas in January, it's not the 25th like here, and it was always very snowy and cold, my wife's family were very formal, we did black tie, formal dancing," he said, he hadn't particularly liked it, he'd always been working right up to it and then working after. But thinking of it now, of his wife, and how beautiful she had always looked, of how wonderful it had always been to dance with her, and at the last one how nice it had been to have Amais there too, they'd already been planning another child. He felt his eyes well and glanced to his young son. "I think something small, something extremely different will be better,"

Corvin blinked, and offered his hand out gently to his brother. "L-l-let's just, um, just stay h-home then," He offered gently. "The t-t-three of us." He gave his brother an almost shy smile. "We can erm, can m-make some dinner, watch- erm, w-w-watch tv, decorate the-the- the tree." He offered, thinking it would be a nice place to start. Just something quiet, with the three of them, something they could build on as his brother healed.

Corentin looked at Corvin's outstretched hand, but didn't reach out for it. He just gave a little smile and nodded. "Staying at home will be good, but I do think we should go to at least one thing..Amais will get bored just in the house," he knew he wanted to just sit around drink, watch tv, but he also knew that Amais would get bored of that, and it would be good to get out a little more. "It'll help Amais hear more english," Corentin still exclusively spoke to his son in russian, English still felt a bit odd. "What did you do most yules?"

Corvin nodded at Cory's word. "M-m-m-maybe the parade then," He mused, propping his chin in his hand. He smiled shyly at the question, blushing. He shrugged. "I- erm... I usually just... just um, drink on the couch a-and um, and watch movies till I fall a-a-asleep." He admitted bashfully. He knew it wasn't the grandest tradition ever, but what was the point of having traditions when you were on your own?

Corentin nodded in agreement. He also thought what Corvin did didn't sound too awful, there were certainly worse ways to spend a christmas. He'd just always been doing something, been busy with something. "Amais, son. Come here please," he spoke in fluent, barely accented russian to his young son, who immediately toddled over to him, arms outstretched for Corentin to catch him, which of course he did, he raised him and bounced him on his knee before glancing back at his twin. "What would you say about going to a parade? With uncle Corvin?" and his son babbled excitedly in almost russian, clearly very fond of the idea.

Corvin smiled shyly as Amais came over. "He's really c-c-cute." He told his brother, peeking at Cory. "I- um- I'm r-r-really proud of you," He offered, blushing and looking away as he said it. He'd always looked up to and respected his brother. He hadn't been surprised that Corentin had gotten married, had an adorable son. Corvin knew he'd never find love or have a family of his own, but he respected that his brother had.

Corentin glanced up at Corvin and gave a little shrug. "All my wife's doing," he replied softly. he really hadn't been there for his family until her death. But he just hoped he could make up for it now. "Are you...seeing someone?" he asked, letting his son hug into him as he spoke. They had been so focused on helping him and his son that Corentin hadn't asked too many questions about his brother, he hoped to get to know him more, since so much time had passed.

Corvin blinked at his brothers question and quickly shook his head. "Oh, n-no," he stuttered shyly, running a hand through his hair. "N-no one," He answered, though he glanced automatically towards the coffee shop as he thought of Timothy. He didn't know if there was anything there- they had never said there was anything between them, and when he was on his own- or busy with his brother like he had been, it seemed silly to think Timothy might like him. He looked over to Cory with a shy smile. "Why?"

Corentin was sure in the no-one there was a hint of something, some desire or something. He gave a little nod but didn't indicate anything else. He wouldn't pry too deeply into his brother's life. He didn't really want to force the man to talk about something he was not yet comfortable to do so. "You're my brother...I want to know about your life..," Corentin replied with a little shrug. So much of the last few weeks had been about him, his son and their grief, it was time for someone else. "If there was anyone you could invite them over for our christmas celebration...we wouldn't mind,"

Corvin smiled shyly. "Thanks," He murmured, brushing back his hair and putting his hands in his lap. "I- er- There is... but-" He bit his lip before sighing and glancing away. "I-i-its just me, and the shop. I d-don't... have anything else," He admitted, feeling his gut twist a little bit with embarrassment as he said it. Corvin was used to it, his quiet existence. No one ever really saw him. His brother had left him, twice, and if he was being honest he was still waiting for Corentin to get his things together and leave him behind again.

Corentin hadn't known his brother for years, but he could tell, in the words he opted for, in how he acted that there was someone that he was interested in, at least a little. "well, if there was anyone, you are free to invite them...," he replied, but tried to make sure his tone was light, that it was no pressure and if he was reading too much into it and there was no one, he hoped his tone didn't feel like he was pushing him. The last thing Corentin wanted to do was frustrate the one person being kind to him.

Corvin smiled shyly, fidgeting in his seat. "Well... I..." He twirled a strand of hair around his finger. "There's... this man...." He spoke shyly. "H-he... um... he.. owns the c-coffee shop next door," He bit his lip, peeking up at his brother. "H-he um- we aren't- er..." He gulped nervously. "I-i-i-i don't think, um, think he notices me," He folded his hands in his lap, sighing.

Corentin was almost surprised that Corvin actually told him about the man he was interested in. He had noticed the coffee shop but hadn't gone inside. He'd not known that there was something there. But it appeared that there was. "I'm sure he does..notice you," he wasn't sure if Corvin thought he was invisible to some degree to people but he doubted the guy who owned the shop next to his would not have noticed him. "I could go invite him?" he offered, he wasn't sure how that would help but he just wanted to do things for his brother.

Corvins eyes widened and he giggled nervously, shaking his head quickly. "N-n-no, thank you, I..." He bit his lip, before reaching out for his brothers hand. "I just got, um, got you b-back," He stuttered shyly. "I just want t-t-t-to be with you." He admitted shyly, looking up at his brother through his hair.

Corentin gave a little nod. He spotted his brother reaching his hand out and before Corentin could take it, his young son, still upon his knee did. The boy raised the hand and gave it a slathery wet kiss. "Unca," the boy babbled, but it was close enough to uncle and in english he was so surprised. "Yeah, baby, that's your uncle," he said fondly. "Are you glad you get to spend time with Uncle Corvin," he switched to russian easily, but made a point of saying Uncle Corvin in english. His son nodded. "We're very glad to be with you..I know things between us fell apart but I'm glad I was able to count on you and hopefully we can fix things,"

Corvin was surprised when Amais took his hand, not bothered by the slobbering kiss he got. He smiled shyly at both his nephew and his brother, letting the boy keep his hand. He bit his lip at Cory's words and nodded slowly, letting out a soft breath. "I-i would like that," He offered, brushing his hair back with his free hand.

Corentin smiled at his son and then back at his brother. "Okay," he agreed. He got to his feet, "Okay Amais, let's go back to sweeping up, there's lots more for us to be doing," he opted for english and guided his son away from his brother. "Let me know if need anything else," he would just get back to work, figuring this conversation was just over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back