First Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella Finch

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Straight 15" Flexible Hazel Wand with Acromantula Web Core
This was Stella's first time at the yule ball so she didn't know what to expect but she was excited nonetheless. She wasn't going to miss out on the event just because she didn't have a date. She got dressed in a simple black dress because she figured you could never go wrong with black, but as she arrived she saw just how well dressed everyone else was. She tried not to be too self conscious about it but she made a mental note to put more effort in the next year. The first year walked around the hall, bopping her head to the music slightly, and went over to the drinks table to pour herself a cup of punch before finding a table to sit at.

Jordan Hewitt was a little bit indecisive about how he felt about this dance. A lot of the time he preferred to be on his own but he didn't want to answer the questions that he would surely get from everyone if he had ended up staying home on his own so he had put on a suit and made his way down to the Great Hall. For many of the same reasons as he had come to the Ball, he found a girl who was sitting on her own and approached her with an awkward smile that he hoped she would just pass off as nerves. "Dance with me?" He asked, and as the words escaped his mouth he realised that he was indeed nervous. What an odd feeling.

Stella had only been at the ball for a short time but she was enjoying herself as she sat at a table on the outskirts of the dance floor and watched all the other couples dancing. She had just finished her cup of punch and was considering going to get a refill when someone came up to her table. She wasn't sure what he wanted but she had expected him to at least say hi before he suddenly asked her to dance. Stella considered him for a moment and she knew he was in her year and a Slytherin too because she recognized him from classes. She figured there was no harm in saying yes so she shrugged and said, "Sure." The Slytherin stood up from the table and walked over to his side. "I'm Stella by the way," she stuck out her hand for him to shake.

Jordan grinned when she agreed to dance with him. That had been a lot easier than he had expected it to be, and he had honestly expected her to say no. "Jordan, with an a." he told her, feeling the need to tell everyone that because it was frustrating as all hell when somebody spelled it wrong. He shook her outstretched hand, and then led her towards the dance floor. He wasn't really a fan of small talk, and he still didn't really feel at home at this dance but it was easier being here than being holed up on his own being asked annoying questions. He placed a hand on her waist, and one on her shoulder, and began to lead. "Nice dress." He told her.

Stella chuckled when the boy introduced himself in such a peculiar way but she didn't mind it. "Well, my name is spelled with two L's, just so you know," she shrugged, playing along. The boy was a little weird but it was better than just sitting there watching others dance when she could be dancing with someone. She smiled and said, "Thanks! I really like your suit, it looks good." She wasn't saying it just because he had complimented her first, she really meant it. She let him lead them as they danced for a bit and said, "You're in my house right?" just to strike up a conversation.

Jordan rolled his eyes when she told him that her name was spelled with two L's, there was only one way to spell Stella but there was quite a few ways to spell Jordan. "There's only one way to spell Stella." He told her, not trying to be rude but at the same time he felt that maybe she was making fun of him. He smiled at her, however, when she told him that she liked his suit. He'd put a lot of work into picking out this suit when he had heard that there would have been a ball. He felt a little embarrassed now that she had said something so nice about him. "I'm in Slytherin." He told her, he wasn't entirely sure if she was in his house because he usually kept to himself, but she looked familiar. "So how come a pretty girl like you was alone?" He asked.

Stella arched an eyebrow at the boy's response and said, "You'd be surprised at how often people forget an extra L at times." She shrugged her shoulders because it wasn't that important, choosing not to tell the boy how common the spelling of his own name was. She nodded her head in confirmation when the boy told her he was in Slytherin and said, "Yeah me too." The two of them continued to dance and Stella wasn't sure how well the conversation was going but she chuckled at his next comment. She considered how to respond to him without seeming too pretentious but she replied, "I don't know, do we really need dates as first years?" She thought the idea of dating so young was rather silly. "What about you, no date?" she wondered what his take was on dances and dates.

Jordan smiled when she confirmed that she was in Slytherin as well, it was good that his new friend was in the same house as he was, maybe he would have an excuse to not have to leave the common room next time. He smiled at her as she asked her question, he felt the same way and had given serious thought to even coming to this dance. "That's a good point." He told her, and he just rolled her eyes at the next comment. "I didn't even want to come, truth be told. I just didn't want to deal with the onslaught of 'where were you', 'why aren't you coming to the ball' comments." He said, saying each in a mocking tone. Shifting to a smile, "But at least I got to dance with you, so at least the night isn't a total snooze fest." He told her.

Stella smiled knowingly when he said she made a good point, she liked to think she was pretty logical so she liked hearing that. She listened to his reasoning for coming and nodded in understanding. "Yeah I get that," she agreed, "that's partly a reason why I'm here too," she shrugged. "My brother has always come to these events so I didn't want to be the odd one out, not showing up in my first year," she decided to tell him. She smiled when he said dancing with her was not a total waste and replied, "Yeah it beats sitting around bored all night!" This way she would at least have some fun tonight.

Jordan smiled at Stella when she seemed to accept and even agree with his reasons for coming here in the first place. Maybe she would make a good friend in the long run and he would have a better reason for staying behind in the common room since she didn't seem to like leaving it for these kinds of events either. He twirled her around to mix things up and smiled to himself at the thought of it. Was he actually enjoying being here dancing with someone he had actually met? That was a thought that Jordan hadn't ever thought he would have, and so it surprised him. "At least we can hate events like this together." He said with a chuckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back