OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Whippy Elm Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kia had her bag tucked carefully into her side. This was... probably the most insane thing she'd ever pilfered. It had been sitting in the street outside one of the shops she didn't normally go near. It was a big book, barely hiding in her bag. She wasn't even sure why she had pilfered it. She just... couldn't resist. She made her way back out onto the streets, accidentally knocking into a boy when she hurried out of the side street. She tried to apologize, but the boys were about twice her size and they outnumbered her. She was too busy protecting her bag to fight back as they started pushing her around. She didn't make a sound and tried not to react. They wouldn't have the satisfaction of getting her riled up.

Being in England was not exactly what this Slytherin had in mind. However, he was on a trip with his grandfather, who walked along with him. It wasn't long after they went through Knockturn alley, while Styx was showing him some of the more historical areas. History was fascinating to the young wizard, since it wasn't boring. Especially learning about Lord Voldemort, go to the areas where the famous trio went, even going through Hogsmeade. As they were about to head to Bulgaria, Kalif looked over to see a bunch of larger boys, surrounding a girl. Kalif stared for a moment, realizing who it was. "Grandfather. That is Kia Sorens. She is in trouble." His grandfather nodded, before saying, "Go on." Kalif narrowed his eyes, knowing that his grandfather used Legilimency on him. Kalif walked over to the group, coming from behind. With a strong kick to one of the boy's knees, and another solid punch to another's temple, both were on the ground. Learning weak spots on people were still a learning process, but he knew a few.

Kia was surprised when the commotion seemed to shift from her. She glanced up, eyes widening. Was that...? She kept her bag close, too shocked to respond at first, when one of the boys tried to attack from behind Kalif. Her eyes widened and she darted in the middle without a thought. The blow meant for the back of Kalif's head was redirected to hit her in the face, knocking her back, and instantly her hand shot up to try and stem the blood gushing from her nose. She didn't think as she kicked the boy between the legs, sticking her tongue out at him as he hit the ground, before turning to look and see what was going on with Kalif. She kept both hands over her nose now, trying to hide the bleeding.

Kalif prepared when someone tried to go at him from behind, ready to do the elbow to the face, but Kia took the blow instead. Odd. He finished off the others, which did not take too long. Kalif glanced over once the boys were gone to see Kia holding her nose with her hands. There was blood, which he assumed happened because she jumped in the way of that one hit. He took off the cloak he was wearing. Kalif held it over to her to help her out. "What do you think you are doing? And, what are you doing here?" Kalif demanded, since he felt that he deserved to know after experiencing this, and saving her ass from the other boys. He folded his arms across his chest, while his grandfather watched from afar.

Kia took his cloak, uncertain. "I live nearby," she gestured vaguely, unsure what to do with his cloak. "I was in a hurry and accidentally bumped into that one kid and they got mad," she shrugged. As to why she was bleeding, she had no idea why she'd jumped in the middle. Literally all that had gone through her head at that moment had been 'not him'. She tilted her head to the side. "What are you doing here? And why'd you get in the way? I didnt think you cared," she asked curiously. "And dont you have an entourage?" She looked around, only noticing Professor Styx standing farther away. She gave him a small wave. Great, now he'd think she was a troublemaker.

Kalif narrowed his eyes as she said that she lived nearby. He listened to all her questions, before he gestured to his grandfather. "I don't need an entourage when he is around. He is more than what the others can provide. I don't necessarily care, but I also don't like it when the fight is unnecessarily fair either." The Slytherin shrugged his shoulders, though still wondered why she was still here. "And, what about your family? No one should ever leave a young child unattended, and do nothing when they get into trouble over their heads." He folded his arms across his chest as he waited for an explanation. After all, not even members of his family left any kid unattended. Even when they were almost of age.

Kia glanced back to the Professor. Kalif was right, with him around there wasnt any need for anyone. Kia still didnt understand Kalifs 'Patriarch' answer as to why he even needed the entourage, assuming it was some fancy word for special. The family golden boy maybe?

She wasnt surprised that he didnt care, accepting his response easily. She raised a brow when he asked about her family and she shrugged. "I dont have one." She replied simply. "I've been at a home since they found me. I guess I was lost at sea or something? I dont know really, no one has been able to tell me where I came from. No one really notices me now either," she shrugged.

"Thanks for stepping in," she kept her bag tucked against her side. "I'll see you in class." She offered his cloak back, eager to get going to study her newest possession.

Kalif's expression changed from his normal cold one, to one of subtle shock when he heard that she had no family. She might have even been lost at sea. "If you want to know about your background, I have an uncle who can find anything on anyone. People deserve to know where they came from." Kalif was extremely family oriented, perhaps because his own family was like that. She did thank him for stepping in, and offered his cloak back. He took it and slung it over his shoulder. As she left, Kalif went back to Professor Styx, and stated, "She is a magnet for trouble. I want someone to keep an eye on her until she can defend herself. Can Hades the Second do that." Professor Styx, having heard everything, nodded, and the two were on their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back