First Morning

Trixie Pompeii

Wand
Almond Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Phoenix Tail Feather
Trixie stifled a yawn as she entered the Great Hall. She'd woken up early, and had been to excited about her first day to be able to go back to sleep. She walked through the Hall to the table furthest away, the Gryffindor table. She couldn't spot anyone she recognised, so sat down at the end of the bench beside some people she didn't know. She poured herself some pumpkin juice and spooned some scrambled eggs onto her plate. Then she put a forkfull of egg into her mouth and gasped. It was scalding hot, and burned her mouth quite badly. She swallowed with difficulty, feeling her throat blistering. She sat back in her seat, taking a mouthful of soothing pumpkin juice, and waited for her breakfast to cool down. Whilst she was waiting, she took out her wand to start practising some simple spells. She'd been reading over her spellbooks the night before and had come across one that sounded interesting, Wingardium Leviosa. Trixie pointed her wand at her fork and started muttering the spell to herself, trying to get the fork to levitate.

Siobhan bounced down to the Great Hall, her Gryffindor robes billowing behind her. This was so exciting. She was finally a student at a famous magical school. This was the best part: her first morning, or so she thought. It was the first time that she would actually make an impression on her housemates other than what they got from the Sorting. Walking into the hall, she saw a young girl sitting on the end of one of the benches. Skipping over, she sat across from her and the other students she didn't know and decided to introduce herself.

"Is this seat taken?" Okay, that was a stupid question. I'm already sitting here, and that's no where near introducing myself.

Trixie looked up, and saw a girl with long red hair bounce over to the Gryffindor table. She sat down beside Trixie.
"Nope, that seat's free!" Trixie said, in answer to the girl's question. She stopped trying to levitate her fork and layed down her wand.
"I'm Trixie by the way. Nice to meet you". She gave the girl a friendly smile.

Siobhan titled her head and smiled and watched out of the corner of her eye as the girl stopped her spell. She bit her lip excitedly. They would be learning magic soon, and Siobhan was beyond excited. The girl introduced herself as Trixie while Siobhan dug the name and face into her head. The girl was quite pretty and seemed like a friendly enough person.

"I'm Siobhan," she said, actually introducing herself this time. Grabbing the milk in front of her, she poured a little into the glass and grabbed a piece of French Toast. Smacking some peanut butter on the slice, she stuffed a bite into her mouth and took a sip of her milk, enjoying the combining taste. She looked over at Trixie and gave out a small laugh. "Sorry, I sort of eat a lot," she said, stuffing the food in her cheeks quickly and then gulping it down.

Aroha skipped into the Great Hall, wandered to the Slytherin table, realised that the people there weren't from her house, and backed off, walking into the Gryffindor table. The two people sitting there giggled. Red-faced, Aroha shyly sat down and said politely, "Sorry, I'm a little clumsy sometimes," gesturing to her broken arm. "Hope you don't mind if I sit here."

The two girls sitting there introduced theirselves as Siobhan and Trixie. Nervously, Aroha said "I'm Aroha. What years are you gals in?", pulling an orange towards her and peeling it.

Trixie grinned as the girl introduced herself, then started tucking into the food. Trixie liked her already; she seemed fun, and so relaxed. Also, she'd noticed an Irish hint to her voice! She was just about to ask her about it when another girl sat down. She introduced herself as Aroha. Trixie gave her a warm smile. "Hey, I'm Trixie, I'm just starting first year! What about you?"
As Aroha started peeling an orange, Trixie turned back to Siobhan.
"Are you Irish too?" she asked with a smile.

Siobhan smiled back at the girl and took another gulp of her milk. Trixie seemed like the kind of girl to be pretty relaxed with Siobhan's personality, which was good that she wasn't too weirded out by her social outlandish attitude. Siobhan looked over when another girl came near them and saw her broken arm. Siobhan had done many things like that, especially playing quidditch so much. "Hello, Aroha," she said, repeating the name. It was pretty. Orange juice shot up in the air near her eyes, and she gestured the citrus away from her eyes.

She was about to stick the French toast back in her mouth when Trixie popped out the question of her nationality, which surprised her. "Too? You mean you're from Ireland?" She hoped so that it might be possible.

Trixie smiled. "Yeah, I'm from Dublin!" she said. "Well, i'm not from Dublin, I'm from Wicklow, but I live there".
She couldn't help feeling excited - she'd never expected there'd be anyone from home here!
"So what part are you from?" she asked Siobhan, picking up a slice of toast as she spoke.

"I live in Dublin, too!" Siobhan gasped excitedly. This was wonderful. Someone from her exact area. She wondered why she hadn't seen her around at all, even though Dublin was quite a big area. Plus, Siobhan's family had stayed on their farm or in the wizarding world a lot, so it was possibly different. "Wicklow... where's that at?"

Aroha continued munching on her orange, listening to the conversation. It was wonderful for her to hear people talk- she had been travelling all night by herself to get to Hogwarts. Hearing the name 'Dublin', Aroha tuned in excitedly. These people might know my aunt! she thought excitedly. She was about to ask when she saw her watch. "Wow, time flies when you are having fun," she says smiling. "Hey, my aunt came from Dublin. What a coincidence!"

"Wow!" Trixie gasped. She couldn't believe there was someone else here - in both her year and her house - from the same town as her! "Wicklow's about an hour away from Dublin".
Then she turned her head back to Aroha as she heard her speak.
"Wow, really? That's so cool!" she responded. "Do you know which part?"

"Wicklow," Siobhan murmured to herself. It sounded so familiar, but she just couldn't place her finger on where she had heard it before. "Well, that's pretty cool." When Aroha said something about her aunt coming from Dublin as well, Siobhan gave a small life. They could be a small Irish trio. "Are you Irish as well, then?"

"Yup!" replied Aroha. "Well, mostly. We don't normally talk about her, and seeing as my parents are dead, I live with my Grandma who disowned my Aunt."

"Yeah, well I have been living in NZ for ages," smiled Aroha. "I'm amazed too!" Aroha noticed the bacon falling off her fork and ate it, only to find it was stone cold.

As Aroha spoke, Trixie finished off the last few mouthfuls of her breakfast. She picked up her bag and smiled at Aroha and Siobhan.
"Well I'd better be going" she told them. "See you both around soon I hope!"
She stood up, threw her bag over her shoulder and left the hall, smiling to herself. She hoped she'd see these girls around again, she liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back