First Meeting of the SDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just fine Mike. And you?" she asked him with a smile and then when he was done with his paper she took it from him. Andy caught her attention and Kat grinned at her and said, "Of course, you did prepare for this didn't you? This was just the quiz, at the end there will be a 100 question test." Kat stuck her tongue out at her friend as she took the paper from her. She overheard Violet and laughed, "I find that if we provide snacks then more people tend to show up. Not too sure what I can do for your DADA grade, though if you save a few of those cauldron cakes for Professor King that might do you some good."

Kiera walked into the room. She slid into a chair by Andromeda. She wasnt sure if she was late or not. She looked around before taking out a pen to fill in the slip of paper that had been in her chair.

Name: Kiera Kingsley
House: Gryffindor
Year: 4th
What is something that you wish to get out of being a member of the SDA?:I want to make sure I can defend myself to the best of my ablilities for reasons I will tell you in private if you wish to know.

Andromeda laughed at Kats remark turning to see Kiera walk in the door.
"Hey you" she smiled as she sat down beside her, "hope you're not doing this to go up against your mother someday" she whispered to Kiera with a wink.
She knew Kiera had had a tough bit of time having explained to her father and brother about her mother over the summer. She didn't know if her comment would cheer her up or insult her. Andromeda really hoped Kiera would see it only as a joke though.

Kat smiled as one of her best friends decided to come and join the meeting. She watched as Kiera silently filled out the paper. She took it from her friend and read it, her eyes growing a bit wider than usual. She looked at Kiera and said with a slightly panicked whisper, "We need to talk after this is over." Kat quickly regained her composure and then turned to address the rest of the group. "Can I have your attention please?" she said and then waited for everyone to fall quiet. "First off I'd like to thank you all for deciding to join the SDA and attending the first meeting of the new year. Now, I would like to introduce you all to my new co-president, Andromeda Fiorelli. Andy stand up please." Kat added, all with a cheery disposition as she motioned to Andy. She was really glad that things for the club started off good this year and hoped that they kept up the way they were going.

When Andy was called on Hilary smiled and started a round of applause. She kept sitting in her chair and waited for the next part of the meeting to start.

Andromeda listened as Kat made her opening speech quaking in her shoes that she might be called on to give one as well. No way though. Smiling until she heard Kat tell her to stand as she introduced her as the new co.president Andromeda smiled at Hilary for the encouraging applause. She stood up giving a feeble wave to everyone in the room.
"Hi" she smiled not knowing what else she was expected to say if anything.

Kat gave Andy an encouraging smile and a wink. "Now if I would like to go around the room and each of you give us your name, house, and year. This way we can get to know each other a bit more." Kat said as she waited for someone to start the introductions.

Andrew had forgotten about SDA meeting and when he woke he wondered if he should go or no because he didn't want to be embarassed but he reminded himself that the club was important and he ought to go.He entred the room and noticed all unfamilar faces except for violet's and kasey's.He walked and sat beside Kasey."Umm..Sorry I am late"he said to the girl who looked like the head.

Kat smiled at the younger boy who'd just walked in and sat down. "It's alright! We haven't gotten to far in right now. If you could just fill out the paper in front of you and give it to either me or Andy that would be great!" she said with a smile. "Now where were we? Oh, right, introductions! Come on guys don't be shy!" Kat added, trying to light a fire under someone's butt.

Andromeda got over herself fairly fast when she noticed that the enthuasiasm seemed to be waning for anyone to get up and introduce themselves. She waited for Andrew to sit down and then took a tentative step forward.
"Alright" her voice was clear and confident, "My name is Andromeda Fiorelli, I am a Gryffindor and a second year. Now please don't fight each other to be next but someone better be next or you'll see why you need to be here to learn defense at all".

She was smiling as she added the last part and hoped those in the room knew her at least reasonably enough to know she was merely breaking the ice and attempting to get the ball rolling.

Violet giggled as Andy introduced herself. Typical Andromeda, she thought, shaking her head a little. As nobody else seemed to stand up, Violet summoned up her courage (or lack thereof), and stepped forward to introduce herself. "Well, uh, my name is Violet Bellamy, I'm a Hufflepuff 2nd year and I really don't like confrontations," she added, with a laugh. "And I'll just make an early apology for any injuries such as broken wrists I may cause in this club." She smiled, but inwardly winced, remembering the day she and Vydrael had practiced stupefy, and she had broken his wrist. She quickly sat down, she was still miserable about losing Vydrael. He had been a good friend, he had been there when she found out about Angus. Quickly pushing that to the back of her mind, she looked up with a smile and waited for the next person to introduce themselves.

Andrew took the form and filled it listening to everyone introduce themselves.He didn't like to introduce himself but the club members seemed friendly so he stood up and spoke."Hello all.My name is Andrew Bruke, Slytherin 2nd Year.I didn't attend my DADA lessons last year but have learned a lot to catch up since than.I hope I can learn so much from this club that it leaves my DADA lessons behind."he ended and took his seat.His introduction was very jerkish according to him but he didnt know what to say because this was a first club meting that he was attending.
Name: Andrew Bruke
House: Slytherin
Year: 2nd Year
What is something that you wish to get out of being a member of the SDA?
I want that being a SDA member, though I just signed up,I want to be able to defend myself against anyone who makes such circumstances to take place

Kasey smiled as she saw Andrew enter. When did he start joining clubs?? she wondered grinning at him.The changes that she had noticed in him were just great.She heard Andrew's introduction and than stood up to give her's."Hi.I am Kasey Carla, ravenclaw 3rd Year, Prefect.I will be eager to have a good practice with anyone intrested, anytime"she said grining and sat down.

Andromeda smiled at everyone before turning to Katalina and whispering to her friend.
"Well this is off to a good start isn't it?" she turned back to the group and smiled at the next person in line. She had a good feeling about this group, she really did.

"I think so too!" Kat said with a grin to Andy. She listened quietly as the rest of the people introduced themselves and when it was back to her she stood and said, "I'm Katalina Vanderhol, but most of you know me better as Kat! I'm a third year Gryffindor prefect!" She tacked that last on with a hint of pride in her tone, but not in a bragging manner. "Well, since we all know who each other are now then I'm going to dismiss you all! The purpose of today's meeting was to get to know each of you and find out what it is you want to get out of being a member of this club. Andy and I will go through your papers and discuss what would be best for future meetings. I'd like to thank you all for coming today and we will be sending out owls as to when our next meeting will be held. Thanks again guys!!" Kat added with a bright smile. She watched as everyone got up to leave and then turned to Andy and said, "Well that went very well! This year is going to be brilliant. You did great!"

((Sorry to cut this off before everyone got a chance to introduce themselves, but I thought that if we didn't end it now then we'd never progress past this one meeting and I'm hoping to see the SDA grow and thrive this year. :lol: Looking forward to future meetings and thank you all for attending this one))

Hilary had introduced herself when it was her turn and then once they finished she smiled and chatted around with the people. SHe came over to Kat and Andy and said "Good meeting guys"

As the meeting ended Kasey stood up and waved goobye to Katlina"See you in class" and walked out of the room beside Andrew."How come you decided to join?"she asked him with curiosity.

((Okay guys...I'm going to go ahead and close this thread! I will PM each of you within the next week or so to let you know when the next SDA meeting will be and I will also have a note of sorts posted on the bulletin board in each of your houses. Thanks to all that attended and I'm really looking forward to getting to know each of you IC and work more on defence with everyone!! :) ))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back