Firn Household - Time for a Visit.

Jim Xavier

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2", Essence of the Tale of Male Unicorn.
Michael hadn't been to visit Remus for years. At least the two hadn't had a chance to talk other then over the Phone or through Owl'ing. It was good to be at the front of the Firn house hold again, after all the place had proved to be a home for not only Remus but even Michael through some of the times he needed a place to stay, not to mention all the times he needed to consul Remus. Sighing to himself, Michael took step after step up to the front door where he clenched his hand to form a fist and knocked his knuckles onto the door. In a lot of ways he didn't expect any one to be home - he knew Remus was married but obviously Pearl would have a job as well as Remus, and from the lost time they spoke it seemed that Remus was working pretty hard to get the money to ensure the Baby gets everything it 'wants' and needs.

Nodding to himself as he stood there waiting, he knew that Remus would more then likely be happy to see his old friend, and not to mention have a good only catch up session. Sighing for a moment, after the positive thoughts had come, Mike thought about what exactly Remus would be like if he was really tired from all the work he had been doing. Shaking the thought away, Mike had only one thing to do to find out which of the reactions would be the reality; wait.

Pearl was napping on the sofa in the living room happy to be away from the school. Joan had graciously offered to work the hospital wing alone today so Pearl could visit Remus. Pearl snapped up when she heard someone knocking on the door, "Great" she mumbled to herself. "They had better have a good reason for waking me up" she adding struggling to get up with out losing her breath. Once she was finally up she walked to the front door with an annoyed look on her tired face. Opening the door Pearl glared at the man standing there, "REMUS ITS FOR YOU!" she yelled into the house not even bothering to find out who he was.

Remus had been sitting in his office working - He hated sitting at home doing nothing, especially because of the hard work he had been doing working at two places non-stop. He placed his quill with ink dabbed on its tip to the paper when Pearl's yell echoed through the walls and forced him to almost jump up and force his quill to rip through the Parchment.
"Merlins Beard!" He growled loudly, "This woman never shuts up..." he groaned quietly to himself as he moved to the office door and opened it. It took some time for him to get to the front door, but then again, it was a very big house, and with the brief limp he had in his leg from the cut it was understandable. Moving to the door he came to see who it was, and finally he had a smile on his face. Now day's it had been rather rare that a smile was on the Wizards face, mainly due to the fact that all the stress he had in his life made him almost emotionless.

Jumping at the man at the door, Remus gave him a big hug, "Mikey!" he said in a joyful tone. The man that had stood by him through every moment in his life was here for a visit. It was good that Remus had friends like this, also known as 'Loyal'. Letting go of the man and stepping back into the door way, He invited Michael in and encouraged him to take a seat.
"I'll be out there shortly, Just getting us some beverages. Actually, Would you prefer Coffee or fire Whiskey?" Remus questioned after his first lot of statements. Before trailing off to the Kitchen, he stopped himself and pivoted to look at Mike, "Don't mind the misses, She's Pregnant." he said firmly with almost an irritated look on his face.

Eyes widening at the woman that came out almost to basically yell in his ear, Mike groaned slightly. So this was the woman that Remus had come to marry - Loud, Abrupt and round bellied - Round Bellied!
Mike thought to himself for a moment what exactly a belly like that meant, and it wasn't one saying that she was fat - Pregnant. Remus had definitely failed to mention that to Mike over the phone, but none the less it was no issue. Seeing Remus come on down to the door-way, Mike was almost squished by the mans hug but none the less he exchanged a hug as well. It was one that proved how close they were. Of course people never thought anything more of the hugs then friendly or family like, clearly due to the fact that they often called each other 'Bro'.

When He was invited in, Mike walked into the home and stood in the entrance hall, despite the fact being offered to sit down - the reason for doing so was obviously because he knew Remus had something more to say, even when Remus didn't know he had more to say. "Coffee Suits me Remus." Mike smiled with the brief cock of an eye brow when Remus told Mike that Pearl was pregnant, "Gathered as much Mate." Chuckled Mike as he trailed off to take a seat in the lounge, getting comfortable.

Pearl turned on Remus and glared at him when she saw the annoyed look on his face, "Yes, I'm pregnant and its your fault" she said following him around he house, "Your never touching me again" she added before turning around storming out of the room. Pearl rested her hand on her swollen stomach and sighed, she didn't mean to snap at Remus, she was just so uncomfortable. Her back hurt, she couldn't walk around with out losing her breath, she constantly felt nauseous, not to mention she thought she looked like a whale. Pearl quickly wiped the tears in her eyes away, she had been crying allot lately, and walked into the room 'Mike' or what ever his name was, was in. "I'm sorry for my little out burst" she said blushing slightly before going to sit down at the other end of the room, "I'm Pearl" she added.

Remus groaned as Pearl followed him and continued to make what he had planned to make - Coffee. He didn't mean to offend her or anything, but then again he was almost as tired as her. Slapping his fore head, he drooped onto the bench and rest his chin on it as he waited for the Coffee to ready itself. It was going to take a while considering the Maker that they had was rather dodgy. Jumping up and sitting onto the bench, Remus rest his head back onto the wall and began his wait for the coffee.

Mike looked at Pearl as she came into the room - he hadn't thought much of her reaction to him in the door-way after discovering that she was pregnant. Sighing as she came in and explained herself, Mike shook his head, "It's not a problem. Lot's of people in my family have had Kids, dealt with this heaps of times." he smiled to her. His eyes followed Pearl as she moved to take a seat and he listened in as she introduced herself, "Nice Name. It's a pleasure to meet you Pearl, I'm Michael though more commonly referred to as Mike." He nodded to Pearl.

He could hear the coffee machine start up and it sounded like it was going to blow up, but then again Remus have never really been one for making coffee and really didn't care much for the machines that he used to make it. Sighing to himself as he looked over at Pearl, Mike crossed his leg over his knee, "So how long have you had the little guy in your stomach? Assuming it is a boy of course." Mike smiled to Pearl. His kind attitude was coming out, definitely more understanding then Remus really - then again Mike hadn't been to Azkaban and ran around killing Death Eater either.

Pearl smiled brightly as Mike introduced himself, "Nice to meet you too, and I'm 23 weeks along" she said happily. Pearl could already tell that she was going to like Micheal, he seemed very nice. Leaning back in her chair Pearl started rubbing her tummy. All of a sudden she felt a little movement inside of her, "Whoa!" she said sitting back up looking down at her stomach, "Remus! Get in here, the babies kicking!" she said placing her hand over her belly button. It was the first time she had felt anything other then discomfort because of this kid and she was starting to realize why she was doing this again.

Remus was sitting there waiting for the coffee to finally be ready and then it was. A Brief click was heard and he began filling up the three cups he had set out. Despite not asking Pearl if she wanted any, he had made some for her just in case. Pouring them all out equally, Remus heard Pearl call out for him and then add that he baby was kicking. Quickly flying out of the kitchen and sliding into the Lounge, Remus brought himself right to Pearl and placed his hand onto her stomach.

The kicks were rather strong but then grew weaker and then a little stronger again. He couldn't believe it - there was a sign that the baby was there. Smiling and his eyes filling with a watery coat, Remus looked at Pearl, "It's- Our babies kicking..." he smiled to her. He was so happy that there was a young Child that he was going to have the privilege of being the father. Turning to look at Mike, Remus smiled, "Man you seem to always bring good-fortune upon me..." Remus was so happy. The one day that had seemed to start terribly was taking a turn for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back