OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Acacia Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Jemma Potter was not as popular as her cousin, Jacob, but that didn't mean she was a complete social pariah. She still attended school events, and she played on the school team. She had a few friends, though Brayden was by far her closest friend other than Jake obviously. Luckily, the Gryffindor girl didn't mind being on her own. Halloween was a favorite in her household growing up, and Jemma had never missed a Halloween feast. This year, she had decided to dress up as a nerd, the opposite of what she actually was. Jemma wasn't known by her teachers for being a straight O student. That was for sure. Upon entering the great hall, Jemma visited the refreshments table, getting a couple of cookies and a drink before making her way to sit down at an empty table.

Onyx was looking for his sister when he spotted someone else he knew. Sorta. They'd been on the team together when he'd actually bothered last year, but he'd only made it as an alternate that hadn't been needed. Moving slowly, he came up behind the sitting girl. "Rah!"He shouted, jumping out next to her in hopes of startling her. If she hadn't seen him coming. It was hard to tell with Jemma.

Jemma didn’t easily scare. In fact, things that scared most people, tended to make her laugh. Last break, her muggle grandfather had gotten her hooked on old muggle horror films which was just one more reason why Halloween was her most favorite holiday. Jemma noticed the guy in the werewolf costume creeping up on her, but she had no idea who it was. She laughed as they jumped out screaming. “Good try. Great costume by the way. I’ve got no idea who’s in there.” she said with a grin.

Onyx pouted beneath his mask and took a seat across from the girl. "Well, adds to the mystery then," He commented slyly. "Or hides my shame in failing. I haven't decided which yet," He joked. "I like your costume, too. Not really scary, but cute," He told her. "You waiting for anybody?" He asked, looking around. Jacob, maybe, but he wasn't sure of too much about Jemma.

Jemma laughed at the boy’s joke. She thought she knew the voice but she still couldn’t place it. She nodded her head as he called her costume cute, not scary. “Yeah, I decided to come at the last minute and this is all I could throw together. Maybe I’ll try scary next year.” she said with a wink. Jemma shook her head as he asked if she was waiting for anyone. “No. I’m not.” the Gryffindor said, knowing that most people knew she didn’t have many friends. She didn’t know if that made her seem pathetic or snobby. “I thought my cousin Jake might be around, but I haven’t seen him.” she said, green eyes scanning the room once more.

Onyx chuckled as Jemma winked at him. "Well, hey, you still look pretty good. For last-minute, I'd say it's an O costume." He joked, crossing his legs. He grinned at the thought of Jake. Ah, the memories. It was too bad things hadn't worked between them, Jake was such a cutie. "Ah, I'm sure His Majesty is around here somewhere. Maybe hiding with my sister," He teased. "I can keep you company though if you want." He offered. He and Jemma had never really spoken much, but that could be fixed.

Jemma smiled at the boy as he told her she pulled it together well. “Thank you.” she said. As the boy kept talking, she figured it out as to who it was behind the mask. Only one person would call Jake by that nickname. Jemma hadn’t ever spent much time with Onyx but she knew Sapphire, and Jacob used to talk about him a lot. Not so much anymore. Jemma grinned at Onyx as he said he’d keep her company. “Sure! I’d like that!” the Gryffindor girl said brightly. “Maybe Jake and Sapphire will show up somewhere.”

Onyx laughed as Jemma said the others would show up soon. "Jake, maybe." He propped his arm up on the table. "Sapphire will be so surprised to see we're in matching costumes!" He smiled. "Thanks for putting up with me then," he teased. "How have you been, by the way?" He asked, curious as to what she'd been up to.

Jemma laughed. "She doesn't know you are matching? Aren't you afraid she will be annoyed?" the redhead asked, knowing that her sister was annoyed any time Jemma had tried to match her in the past. She'd never like to match costumes. The Gryffindor girl shrugged her shoulders at Onyx's question. "I guess I'm good." she said, assuming that was the answer you were supposed to give. No one really paid much attention to her, and she liked it that way. Kiera and James weren't around to watch what she did, and Carter didn't seem to care. He was too overwhelmed with everything else. Aunt Cyndi used to keep a close eye on her, but she'd been more distant since her divorce. "How are you?"

Onyx laughed with Jemma. "Oh, without a doubt. But I'm used to it. She'll be annoyed, smack me upside the head or punch me in the arm, then that's the end of it and we have fun." He smiled warmly. He didn't really believe what Jemma said, something seemed a little off, but he let it go. He was probably just being silly again. "I'm lonely," He admitted to her. "Don't get me wrong, I love Sapph and Kira and the people I usually hang with. But since I've been here it's always been me and Sapph's friends. And now that we're older, everyone has a love life but me." He sighed dramatically. "It's so hard trying to find a sweet boy around here that would like me," He pouted under his mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back