Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella walked back down to the Lakefront swiftly, Liz not far behind her. She knelt down beside the beautiful rosebush, half overshaded by the tree at this time of day, and she was lost for words, remembering her deceased best friend.

Liz stopped a little before they got there, leaving Estrella some room. it was a private moment to be shared between Estrella and Rose.

Liz had her wand ready to stupefy and carry off anyone who came near. She's explain later and give them candy or something.

Standing up from her moment of silence, Estrella turned to Liz. "You know, I really really appreciate all you've done for me," she said, her expression serious. "You're the only one besides Alicia who's stood beside me and tried to comfort me. I'm glad that I have such good friends."

She turned back to the rosebush. "I think that we should make a headstone, and explain who the tribute is to." She waited in silence for Liz's opinion.

Liz smiled warmly at Estrella. "It's my pleasure. I assume there were at least several others who would have, but they weren't sure if it was the right thing."

She looked off in the distance for a moment.

"I think we should make a headstone, but I'd recommend asking Alicia to help enchant it. Maybe make it indestructable, and possibly have some shield charms on it and the rose bush."

Liz sighed. "I don't think Bella would go far enough to dig the bush up- but unknowning students might. Or the groundkeeper's dog."

"I agree," Estrella said. "I don't want Rose ever to be forgotten."

"Let's go now," Estrella replied with a weak smile. Hoping that no one would sabotage the rosebush in her absence, she walked off with Liz to the Headmistress' office.

Estrella moved the branches with her hands as she returned with Professor Barker and Liz. The rosebush had been untouched, and she was glad for it. "I was thinking," Estrella mumbled to the Professor as she held back her tears, "Maybe we can make a headstone or something, to explain why this rosebush is here, so that others will know."

Alicia returned with Estrella and Elizabeth. She saw that girls had taken care to hide the rosebush. With her wand up and moving, Alicia began circling the plant muttering protections under her breath.

Estrella hung her head as Professor Barker put protections on the bush, in complete silence with Liz. She saw a large rock on the lake, and said,"Professor, could you move that over here?"

Alicia nodded her head though continued her incantations.

Once she was finished she pointed her wand at the large rock that Estrella had pointed to and effortlessly floated it to where they stood, "Where do you want it?"

"In front of it," Estrella said. "Is it possible to flatten rocks with magic, so the bush is visible but you can still read what is on it?"

Alicia nodded and put the rock down with a slashing motion of her wand and a loud crack that could be heard halfway up to the castle, the side of the rock split open into a perfect flate slate. Alicia then moved the rock to the spot that Estrella had indicated, embedding it into the ground in front of the Rosebush.

"We should write on it, 'IN MEMORIAM OF ROSE LANDERS, THE ROSE THAT NEVER WILTS." Estrella suggested, using Elizabeth's earlier quote. "And maybe her house and year."

They all stood back, and the plaque was finished nicely, reading:

IN MEMORIAM OF ROSE LANDERS, THE ROSE WHO NEVER WILTS
RAVENCLAW HOUSE FIRST YEAR
BELOVED STUDENT AND FRIEND
PASSED FIRST YEAR OF HOGWARTS NEW ZEALAND

Estrella had tears in her eyes. She was the last to leave the plaque, to say goodbyes to her best and passed friend.

egg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back