Finding stuff to do

Alex Cullen

Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Alex found himself wondering round the school, completely bored but a look at the weather, he didn't really find himself wanting to run for once. He started wlaking back to the common room when he felt like sitting in peace. He sat down before feeling bored again. A song became stuck in his head and he started to practise his dancing seeing as the corridor was empty. Here

Katheryn was coming out of the common room when she saw a boy a year or two older than she was. He was singing something Kat could not understand. She approached him shyly. "Hello there." she said in her thick southern accent. "What are you dancing for?" she questioned, letting her curiousity get the better of her.

(dancing. =-/ :lol: :cool: )

Alex was trying to get a particular move when a girl approached him. He pushed himself up and and wiped his hands against his trousers. 'I don't know but the common room felt too crowded so.'he said shrugging. 'Why are you out here?'he asked back.

Katheryn smiled at him. He seemed nice enough. "I thought I would go outside and get some fresh air. I too thought the room was too crowded as well." she said in agreement with him. She stuck out her hand. "Hi Im Katheryn Kingsley but I prefer Kat." she said with a smile.

Alex smiled back. 'I was already out there but that seemed crowded and I just bet you the library will be crowded too'Alex said rolling his eyes at the library. he took her hand shaking it. 'Alex at your service'he said bowing mockingly. 'Not literally of course though, just incase'Alex added quickly winking at her as he pulled the back of his t-shirt down.

Kat's face fell. She wasnt in the mood for a crowded place. "Oh well thanks for telling me." she said with a hint of sadness. "This school has just gotten so packed since I left." she admitted. Kat liked this friendly boy. She was hoping for a friend.

Alex laughed. 'Oh wells, it happens'Alex replied, smiling broadly. 'Tell me about it. I went for a month out and when I come back it's like a whole load of my old school transfered.'Alex said smiling before thinking. 'I really shouldn't blame them though. The food was beginning to get beyond edible stages'he joked.

Kat smiled her most charming smile at the chatty boy. "So you came from Hogwarts in Scotland then?" she asked trying to make conversation.

'Umm, yeah' He replied to Kat. 'And you came from here. I'm right aren't I?'he asked. he went over some moves in his head that he had been practicing, trying to figure a way to linked them together.

Kat was distracted from her answer by Alex's dance moves. Katheryn laughed in an amused way. "I did." she finally answered. "Where did you learn this?" she asked with a bright smile. Alex's dancing was nothing like her years of dance training. Seeing him dance gave her the urge to dance. It was her favorite past time.

Alex smiled as Kat laughed. At leas the was making someones day a bit better. 'Umm, just off the streets. Why? You never seen people do it on the streets before?'he asked confused. 'Can you dance like?'he asked, hoping she could.

Katheryn laughed again as she shook her head. "I mostly just do ballet, jazz, and hip hop. I havent ever gotten to watch street dancing." she honestly. Then she reconsidered. "I suppose most of this is much like the hip hop they taught me." she said grinning again. "Your pretty good you know?" she asked with a sly smile.

'Oh, well that's cool, I guess'Alex said, not really knowing what ballet was or jazz. 'Probably. It's usually that kind of music.'Alex agreed thinking. 'Am I? I didn't think I was that good. People can do it a lot better than me sometimes. Like this move is just completely stupid to me'Alex said before jumping back onto his hands and trying to roll right over to land on his hands again. He crashed into the floor though before he could turn fully. 'Yeah, never gonna get that move'he said, rubbing his hand, smiling.

Katheryn smiled. "Hip hop is fun..." she said as she watched his move. It looked like fun until he got hurt. Kat immediately bend down to the ground. "Is your hand alright?" she asked him worriedly. "Other than that move, I believe you might have some skill." she teased him.

Alex laughed. 'Yeah happens all the time'he said before jumping up. 'Sure, sure'he joked back smiling. 'Let's see what you can do then'he said, hoping she would dance as well. He was really looking to get some new moves and people in New Zealand didn't really dance on the streets the same.

Katheryn laughed. "Im really no good dancing alone except in ballet...but I guess I can try." she said doubting she would be any good at it. She did one of the dance routines she had been taught in one of her hip hop classes. As she finished she smiled sheepishly at him. "Its really better with music." she admitted hoping she hadnt just made a fool of herself.

Alex watched smiling widely. 'Woo'he commented, clapping. 'And you say I'm good?'he said , rolling his eyes. 'You won that round'Alex added smiling. 'My turn'Alex said before tapping out a beat with his foot. He found a nice one, and started dancing, a nice song in his head. It was a shame that cd players couldn't be used here now. Dance

Katheryn laughed and grinned. She was pleased he found her dance amusing. Personally she had never felt she was that good at hip hop. At least not at her old dance studio. She clapped and squeeled with joy as Alex did his dance. "Wow." she said as he finished. "I dont think I could do tricks like that. My older sister Kiera is the gymnast. She did teach me a few things." she said with an amused smile. "Maybe I will show you later. But now its my turn again." she said with a laugh that sounded almost musical. She bowed her head and began to dance. At the end, Kat looked up grinning at Alex. This was the most fun she had had in ages!

Alex laughed as she finished. 'Even better than before.'Alex replied smiling. 'But I win' he added sticking his tongue out at her. He thought of another dance routine he had done before finding one his friend had showed him before. Alex personally hadn't tried it before but they were really just practicing now anyway. He started dancing. He slipped at the end though and landed back on the floor. Rolling his eyes, he stood back up, rubbing his head, laughing. 'Yeah, you'll probably win this round,'he joked, waiting for her to start.

Kat made a face at Alex as he stuck his tongue out at her. She smiled after though as he began to dance. Kat couldnt help but laugh as Alex fell. She clapped her hands with glee. "Very nice. The ending could use some work." she said with a serious face as she pursed her lips. However her straight face didnt hold as she burst out in giggles. "My turn." Kat announced promptly. She did her dance. She finished with a move not in the routine. Kat stood up and grinned at Alex. "Did I win?" she asked.

Alex looked as she managed to do the move he had been trying to do at the end. 'Yeah'he sighed, pretending to be majarlly upset. He grinned and couldn't think of what else he do. 'I'm stuck'he said after making a funny thinking face. 'Dum dumdi dumdum'he thought before getting a dance. He started dancing, missing out certain moves that didn't seem suitable right now.

Katheryn clapped. "That was very good." she said smiling brillantly. She had a sudden idea. "Would you want to dance together?" she asked. She was thinking of a routine she had once learned in her hip hop class. It was a combined dance with a boy so she had only preformed it once. It wasnt like the boys at home were jumping in line to dance.

Alex bowed as she clapped, being the normal immature self. 'Sure. What sort of stuff were you thinking of?'Alex asked, wondering himself what she was thinking of. It better not be something completely stupid, Alex thought wondering to himself what he had just put himself up for. He smiled thinking of a routine he knew himself too.

Kat grinned happy he had agreed to dance with her.
"Well uh I mean I have a routine I was taught but do you have something else in mind?" Kat asked curiously. She was up for any ideas.

((I love that movie!!)

(what movie? :blink: =-/ )

Alex shrugged, smiling to one side.'Whatever, I'll hear your ideas first. After all, I haven't actually danced with many girls to get that many ideas.'Alex joked at the end, trying to put the message through that Kat had danced with more than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back