OOC First Name
Rowan
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Sexual Orientation
Bi
Almost an entire year had passed, since Cedar had decided to leave behind everything he knew. Friends, family, all of it was back in America, and here he was, halfway around the world, in the new life he had built for himself. He had found an easy muggle job and a small apartment in one of the bigger cities, had made new friends, and slowly begun to feel settled in. Going to work, out to bars with friends, it had all started to fall into a routine, one that was comforting, if not exactly satisfying. A kind of emptiness nagged at Cedar from time to time, one he couldn't quite shake. The last couple of weeks had been especially good though, as he hadn't been alone in the apartment. Towards the end of the school year he had written to invite Acacia to spend part of her holiday with him, and to his delight, she had agreed. Mom and Dad weren't happy, of course, but they could only complain so much from where they were, and Cedar was used to his role as the family disappointment by now.

Acacia was out today though, shopping with a school friend, and Cedar had the apartment to himself for a while. With so little to do with himself, he had started reading as a hobby, something the Cedar of a year ago would have laughed at. It was nice though, curling up on the couch with a book, just taking a moment to himself.

Jeong had felt awful about how he and Cedar had parted ways after graduation. He had been hoping to confess his love to his best friend, but instead Cedar had announced he would be moving to New Zealand. Jeong had, for the lack of a better term, thrown a tantrum. He'd been very upset that Cedar was leaving, and had let him know that quite firmly. But the months since then had been miserable. Jeong had been aimless, drifting from job to job without really committing to anything. He'd always been a slacker in school because he'd never had a real goal for his life, and that hadn't changed over the past months. The only thing that had changed was that Cedar wasn't by his side, and Jeong missed him terribly.

So one day, he'd decided that he needed to go to him. Needed to say the words he hadn't been able to say all those months ago. There was a chance he would be rejected or even laughed out of Cedar's house, but he knew he couldn't just let things be. He left a note to his parents that he would be in New Zealand for a while, then traveled there with only a backpack. If things went well he could buy stuff he needed. If things didn't go well he could always just go back. He did rather hope things went well. He'd arrived at the address Cedar had given him in a letter a while ago, a letter he hadn't returned. Jeong knew Cedar definitely wouldn't expect him right now, and there was also a chance he wouldn't be home at all. But he had to give it a shot. He took a deep breath, then knocked on the door. "Cedar?"

Cedar was completely lost in his book when the knock on the door drew him back to the real world. His mind had barely begun to process that Acacia wasn't due back yet when he heard what seemed to be an achingly familiar voice from the other side. Cedar felt almost like he couldn't breathe, staring at the door in shock. It had to be a coincidence. A deliveryperson with a familiar accent, perhaps. His heart had ached for Jeong ever since they had left things on such painful terms, and the one letter he had managed to send had gone unanswered. Cedar hadn't been able to bring himself to send another, trying to put thoughts of a relationship with Jeong behind him. He had hoped for so long that there might be something more to their occasional flings in school, but it just didn't seem like it was going to be.

Now though... Cedar's heart raced slightly as he stood up, hurrying to the door. He felt stupid for being this nervous when it was probably just a coincidentally similar voice. He opened the door though, and his heart leaped at the familiar face on the other side. "Jeong..." Cedar said slowly, staring at him in awe. "I... what are you doing here?" It was difficult to keep the hope out of his voice, hope that had never fully died.

Jeong had a bit of a soft spot for romantic comedies, and had definitely mentally prepared a grand speech to make to Cedar to ensure the older boy would forgive him, and become his boyfriend as well. It was supposed to be epic and amazing and bring them together, but Jeong now realized he hadn't really memorized anything he had wanted to say. Staring up at the boy he loved, Jeong blinked a few times. Cedar had matured in the time they had been apart, and he definitely looked good. Jeong's mouth went dry and he nodded absently as Cedar mentioned his name. Then he blurted out the first words that came to his mind, even if they weren't very nuanced. "I love you." He said in a rush. "Cedar, I'm in love with you." It could have been a bit more subtle, but maybe getting straight to the point wasn't a bad thing. He couldn't take it back, anyhow.

The way Cedar's heart flipped and spun, it could have found a home in Cirque du Soleil easily. It took time for the words Jeong was saying to even make their way to his brain, the shock of seeing him at all was still so much. Cedar may as well have slipped away into a dream while reading, so unlikely this felt. What could he even say? Cedar had always been one to go with his gut, never think through the consequences of his actions, and though the new, more mature parts of his brain were beginning to think through the situation, they weren't quite developed enough to stop him from acting impulsively. "I love you too." Cedar said shakily, hands rising to Jeong's cheeks. They had been too far apart for too long, and he pulled the shorter man into a deep, long overdue kiss. It didn't take long though, for the mature part of his brain to finally catch up and Cedar pulled away, trying to read Jeong's expression. "What are you doing here though? Are... did you just come all this way to say that? What's going on?" He laughed breathlessly. "I... f*ck, man, I've missed you so much."

Jeong wondered if he should have said more. He had a lot of feelings, but wasn't very good at putting them into words. He wished he was a bit more poetic, as it felt like he wasn't doing his own feelings justice. He waited, his heart pounding. He was so nervous, more terrified than anything else. So when Cedar finally spoke, he didn't even register what he had said until a few moments later. Jeong blinked, but before he could answer or say anything else, Cedar pulled him into a deep kiss. Jeong wrapped his arms around his neck, melting against him. Cedar loved him too! Loved. Jeong was a bit disappointed when he pulled back, but he knew some talking was necessary. "Yes. I came here to tell you that... and... uh, to be with you, if you'd have me." He said, smiling nervously. "I missed you too. I don't really have a plan, I'm just... here."

Holding Jeong close felt like returning to a part of himself Cedar hadn't realised was missing. Nobody else fit against him so perfectly, like interlocking puzzle pieces. The familiar smell of Jeong's shampoo almost brought him to tears after so long apart. Cedar needed to know what was happening though, his hands trembling slightly as he listened. If Jeong had come all this way to tell him that and then leave, Cedar didn't know what he was going to do with himself anymore. He hesitated, heart sinking warily when Jeong didn't really clarify. "Are you... staying here?" He asked nervously, eyes searching Jeong's. All he wanted desperately was to kiss the other man and never let go, but Cedar couldn't let himself enjoy this moment until he knew for sure it would be more than a single moment.

Pressed against Cedar like this, Jeong was very aware that he wanted to be nowhere else in the entire world. It almost felt too good to be true, and he had to resist the urge to pinch himself quickly. The hesitation on Cedar's face after Jeong's words gave him pause, and he lost a bit of his confidence. At the other boy's question. "Uh." He said, uncertain now. "If... you'll have me..." He said uncertainly. "If not, I can find... something else, somewhere else to stay." He added hurriedly. "I won't be a burden." Though in truth, he had no idea how to accomplish that. He had rather hoped Cedar would let him just stay, but now he realized that may have been a naive hope.

Last edited:
Cedar had never known relief like the feeling that flooded him at Jeong's words. He cupped the other man's cheeks, kissing him again urgently. "Stay." Cedar said quickly, heart aching at the thought of Jeong going anywhere else. "I've got plenty of space. Please stay..." Cedar didn't know what Jeong would do here yet, how things would change with the two of them sharing the space, but he desperately, desperately wanted Jeong to stay. "If you came over here just to drop that bombshell then go back to the States I'll be p*ssed." Cedar laughed, only half joking.

Jeong hadn't really thought Cedar would kick him out until the boy had asked if he was planning to stay.He felt relieved when it became clear that Cedar hadn't meant it that way, and that he wanted him to stay. Jeong returned the kiss, leaning into him. "I'll stay." He said softly, clinging to the front of his shirt. "I'll stay. I wanted to, but it's kind of hard to invite yourself to stay at someone else's place." He said with a small smile. "And I would have gone back if you had said you didn't feel the same. I think then things would definitely have been awkward." He mused quietly, then rested his head on Cedar's shoulder. "But you didn't." He added in a soft voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back