Finally...

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
The heat of summer hit Arianna like a brick wall as she stepped outside the cool confines of the castle, causing her to quickly flip her sunglasses down over her eyes to block the sun. She wore a pretty floral dress that was very unusual her, however she had decided to differ from her usual jeans or shorts and try something a bit more feminine. The reason for this was the particular Ravenclaw Prefect she had owled earlier that day to meet her in the Gradens. She felt like they hadn't seen each other much since the start of school, and after much deliberation and chickening out for several days before, Arianna had sent it. The fear that Austin would not turn up had set her slightly on edge, and the butterflies were already forming in her stomach as she walked easily across the lawn towards The Garden. Grateful for the shade, Arianna made her way slowly along a few pathways before soming to settle on a bench that was out of view of the path and other students. She knew that somehow Austin would find her here. If he actually came, that was.

Arianna knew really that there was no reason for him not to come, and they had sorted the whole mess of Shane and Hilde in the long holidays. However her intense feelings for him were creating many doubts in her mind that he felt the same way. Ever since they had made up at the Zhefarovich Manor, all traces of anger towards Austin had completely receeded. Though she had known the whole time that she wasn't really angry at him, more herself for being so stupid and letting herself get hurt. Seeing as it was the second time it'd happened, she felt the need to be guarded about her feelings. Despite these misgivings, Arianna was almost positive that Austin felt the same way, and greatly hoped that something would happen between them today, just maybe. Prefect duties and classes had kept them from spending much time together, apart from the quick chat in the hallways or at breakfast. As well as wanting her feelings to be known to him, Arianna mainly just enjoyed being with him, and the funny conversations they'd have. He was her best friend after all. Anxiously checking through the trees to see if he was coming, Arianna fidgeted as she waited on the bench, hoping that their meeting would go well.

Austin made his way down to the Gardens after Arianna, his best friend and the one that managed to take his breath away after every time someone mentioned her name, owled him. Austin had become the new Captain of the Quidditch team, and not just Co-Captain as Kyle Sparrow wanted to just focus on schoolwork this year. That was not a bother for Austin at all. He had gladly taken up the responsibility because Kyle was focusing on OWLs and he needed that this year. Austin was working on his plays for Quidditch when he received the letter, and now it was time to finally meet up with Arianna. He could not wait. After he had planned for so long to ask her to be his girlfriend, things have gotten in the way and it really made him rather irritated because he wanted to do this and did not find the time to. He had ever reason to go down to the gardens, but that did not stop those butterflies beating against his stomach walls. Those butterflies occurred every time and if there was a potion to prevent them, he would surely take it without a second guess.

The emerald green eyes landed on a girl that made his heart do a small flip in his chest. That was her, wearing a dress and sunglasses. It was different from her normal wear, because she liked the jeans and the shirts, never the dresses. But this was something that was just too cute to ignore! Austin cut through the lawn and he waved his hand to get her attention. Walking into the gardens, and he approached Arianna with a large smile as big as the Quidditch Pitch across his face. He put his sunglasses on the top of his head and he continued to smile like a fool in front of the girl of his dreams. Austin greeted, "Hey there, Arianna! You look...adorable er-amazing, whichever today." He liked her, a lot. That was because after a long time, he was going to finally make their friendship became more than that. And if things came to worse, which he doubted would, he knew that they would never lose their friendship. Austin glanced down to make sure that his Prefect Badge remained perfectly still on his shirt, school uniform or no, he still had that badge. He wanted everyone to know who they were dealing with when it came down to it. "How are you today?" inquired the Raven.

Arianna couldn't help but smile as she spotted the Ravenclaw making his way towards the Gradens, his familiar walk making him stand out from the others on the lawn. She could always count on him not to keep her waiting. After being a little early herself, he was right on time. Her stomach gave a strange little lurch as he made his way towards her. A smile lit up her face and she found herself standing up awkwardly to meet him. Now not being able to think of a valid reason for why she was on her feet, she hesitantly hugged him, burying her face in his shoulder for a fraction of a second. She pulled back, face tinged pink slightly. "Hey! Uh- Thanks, you too" she said, her face colouring even more. She was now very pleased with herself for choosing to wear the dress, which she had to admit was reasonably short, brushing a few inches abover her knees. Looking up into his face, Arianna had to keep herself from smiling like an idiot. Austin had such a cute face. She answered his question immediatly "I'm great! Mainly because I've been looking forward to seeing you all day" she said, accidentally letting slip the last part and immediatly regretting it. She knew that must have sounded stupid and childish, however the damage was done. Speaking quickly to cover up what she had just said, she returned the question "And how are you? Been playing Quidditch?" she asked, knowing that the answer would most likely be yes. When they had first met they had talked about Quidditch, that day in the Library. Arianna recalled that he had almost seemed nervous about falling or something. He certainly didn't seem to be now, she thought as she admired the Team Captain's badge on his shirt.

Still standing, Arianna looked around before seating herself back down on the bench cross legged, making sure that her dress covered her legs well. A faint air of embarassment still hung over her, as she cursed herself for letting that slip.

Austin just loved it when Arianna smiled. There was something about that smile that just made his heart beat faster and the color in his cheeks change just a tad bit to a more suitable color for an apple. The Ravenclaw prefect had a thing for the Hufflepuff prefect. The more he thought about it, the Hufflepuff prefects seemed to attract those that are related to Ausitn. Azerail and Dannii for example. However he did not know any other Hufflepuff prefects that were into his family. Just the one he was attracted to and Azerail. However, the color of red showed up even more when Arianna hugged him, even that fraction of a second lasted a lifetime to Austin. He liked it, a lot. Seems like if one was changing colors, the other one was. Though the dress was short, Austin was a male and of course he would love it if females showed off more legs, especially hers. It took Austin all of his willpower to not let his eyes travel up and down her body. Austin was hooked. "Thanks, just a lazy day really," blushed the Raven.

The answer to his question made him blush even more before he chuckled deep in his throat and he reached behind his head and he tousled his hair a bit. He looked forward to seeing her as well. Austin beamed, "Been looking forward to actually being able to see and talk to you, so now extremely happy." Austin's white teeth bit down on his bottom lip as he thought that he had said too much. What was it with him and saying too much around her? She really made it hard to keep his true feelings and such deep in his chest. Austin smiled and he continued on as if nothing happened, "Yeah, just a bit. I made full captain, and I am honored by it. You should totally watch us practice one day." The first time they had met, he was scared of playing Quidditch, and now, he was one of the best - so he liked to think. His stiffened arm made one heck of a batting arm. Austin took a seat next to Arianna on the bench, and he asked, "So...what are your plans for the holidays?" Austin wondered if they should spend them together, though it was a little early to be asking that, when he really wanted to ask another question.

The summer heat seemed ten times worse with Austin around, as Arianna's face was tinged even more red. Very pleased when he hugged her back, Arianna straightened up clearing her throat slightly. Maybe today would be the day. She was on the verge of telling him all of her feelings, hoping that just maybe it wouldn't ruin things and he would feel the same way. However the words died in her mouth as she chickened out. Later she would say it. Maybe. Arianna smiled "Lazy days are the best" she said, relieved when her voice came out normal, having recovered her composure slightly. She knew that admitting her feelings would either make them closer, or make things incredibly awkward and ruin their friendship. It was for this reason Arianna didn't voice her thoughts. Still smiling, Arianna glance shyly into his face, feeling her stomach lurch just a tiny bit as it always did. Holding his gaze she blushed yet a gain when Austin told her that he too had been looking forward to their meeting.

Arianna looked down at the ground shyly "Extremely happy, huh? Have to say I'm feeling the same way" she said, not meaning to flirt so openly. "Um, I mean... Yeah" She said lamely, avoiding his eyes. Having lost her train of thought completely, when it had been so determinedly fixed on having a good conversation and not embarrassing herself. "Oh yeah, congratulations! That would be awesome" she said with a smile, glad to be able to steer the conversation right away from her slip up. She privately thought that people might think it weird if she was to watch a Ravenclaw practice, as if she'd steal their tactics or something. Which she wouldn't do, of course. Arianna thought about Austin's question, which she now realised she didn't actually know the answer to. "Maybe go home for winter, I guess... What about you?" she asked. Despite their previous holiday being rather eventful, Arianna had thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him. And she would never forget how amazing that holiday had been at her place a couple of years ago. Maybe they could do something this year.

OOCOut of Character:
So sorry about the late reply. :erm:

OOCOut of Character:
Me too. :/ Very very sorry. Hoping this makes up for it.
Austin smirked in his mind because he just loved it when Arianna blushed. She seemed so adorable, he just could not help himself. She was something else, that was for sure. He liked her a lot, and there was no denying those feelings. There was nothing he could do about it. Austin ran his fingers through his hair and his emerald eyes remained locked on Arianna. She was so cute in a dress, he could not get over it. She was a Hufflepuff prefect too, and they could easily hang out in the Prefect Common Room whenever he so pleased. The Ravenclaw knew that lazy days were the best, and he smiled at her agreement to his statement beforehand. He was just happy to be here too, and had looked forward to this meeting all day today. It was not hard to get him excited over seeing Arianna, but he was hard to get him this happy to see anyone else actually. Arianna was special to him. He blushed lightly once more when she had, and wondered if this would be a repetitive reoccurrence between the two of them.

The Prefect was practically astonished with what he was hearing from the Hufflepuff Prefect. Austin was ecstatic that she was extremely happy to see him, but this was not like her. Not that he had an issue with it, no he really liked being flirted with, this time it just seemed a little different. "Don't worry, I won't try to embarrass you any longer." As if he was actually trying to do that, he was more or less embarrassing himself, and he averted his eyes to show that he was getting a little shier. Austin pointed out, "I am not that bad of a captain, but I am not the most amazing. Knowing my luck, I might goof off knowing that you are watching, and end up hurting myself." Austin laughed casually, and he knew that having a Hufflepuff there might bring suspicion, but this was Arianna. He trusted her. She was amazing, everything he wanted in a girl. Austin, not knowing how to control what came from his mouth, said, "Well, I was hoping that you could come home with me these holidays, and meet my new sibling, brother actually, and introduce you to my dad and step-mom as my girlfriend." Austin realized what he had said, and he bit his lip. "Er...I mean...uh... If you wanted to be or go."

Arianna couldn't decide if what she was feeling right now was good or bad... She was so happy just being here with Austin, which was of course good. But at the same time she felt so shy it was almost painful. Deciding to concentrate on the good, she mentally told herself to relax. Hoping that this showed on her face, she smiled back at him, eyes following his hand as his fingers ran through his hair. Austin had really nice hands... Realising she was staring, she looked back at his face, smiling a little more when she saw the blush on his face also. As a teenage girl, it wired in her brain to overthink every little action of his, and try and tell if it meant anything. A blush had to mean something. Again, Arianna had to shake the thoughts out of her head and concentrate on their conversation. She shifted slightly on the bench, trying to get comfortable on the hard wooden surface.

Arianna laughed, shaking her head "You're not embarassing me, I'm just embarassing myself" she said, ducking her head lsightly so that her hair fell over her face for a moment. She looked up disbelievingly at his next comment "You're being modest, I'm sure you are amazing" Arianna said firmly, and she believed it. Austin would be great at leading a team "Well, I might not come then, if it means you're going to hurt yourself" she said, raising her eyebrows. It was hard not to worry about him flying that high up in the air, particularly as a beater. If he was caught off-guard by a bludger... Well she didn't really want to think about that. Arianna was caught completely by surprise by his next sentence, and stared up at him, wide eyed "I... Wow" she said, tripping over her half formed sentence. A shy but very happy smile lit up her face, as she got her words in order "I would love to... Both be your girlfriend, and go, that is" she answered, biting her lip. She'd have to ask her parents if she could go, of course, but right now any thoughts of minor details had completely left her mind. Overcome by an amazing happiness, Arianna, again hesitantly, reached up and hugged him. Except this time she didn't let go.

Austin wished right now that he knew what Arianna was thinking, just her stare alone puzzled him, and wondered what she was smiling about. He was happy to be here with her, because he was a guy and had no hidden messages with that. Girls though, they were like a Bible, one could barely understand it unless they studied for years on them. Even then, some things were questionable. Every action could mean a million things, and Austin was just not able to wrap his head about everything like it. It almost frustrated him. Austin did not let this show, because he was far too happy to let anything get to him. Even if he was just over-thinking things a bit too much. He really did not want to mess things up with him and her again. That almost killed him before, and he thought that he would end up dying if he messed things up again. He was just not ready to face life without having his best friend and those butterflies pounded against the walls of his stomach. "No, I don't think you are..." Austin smiled gently, trying to reassure her. Austin shook his head and he laughed, "I am not modest, but thanks for the compliment. I'll go with your beliefs." That was one good way to get him from arguing with her because he really did not want to get on her bad side.

And he did not want to argue with his best friend and ruin something good. "I'll try to be more careful, but if you want to come and watch, feel free. As long as you are not procrastinating on homework that day." There, Austin sounded like a true Ravenclaw just then, always worrying about homework and essays and such. Austin had a crooked grin on his face when he had caught her off guard. That was always fun, to catch someone off guard with a question. But now, seconds seemed like years as he waited for her answer. He really wanted her to be his girlfriend, more than he wanted to be a Quidditch player. Then, the answer came, and it took all the concentration he had in him to not literally jump for joy and to shout with glee. Then he might end up losing the girlfriend, and having the shortest relationship in history. Austin was too happy for words, and he hugged her as well, though tightly. This moment was the best in his history of being here at Hogwarts. He thought that he loved Rosaline five odd years ago, but that was nothing compared to how he felt about Arianna. He kissed the top of her brunette head, and he murmured, "Merlin's beard, I was afraid you would say no."

The amazing joy that had filled Arianna was making her feel as if she was somehow floating. She was tingling all the way down to her toes, as she realised what had happened. This was exactly what she hoped would come out of this day, and she thanked her lucky stars. There was absolutely no doubt in her mind that Austin made her happy, being with him, even thinking about him. Right from his amazing eyes to the way he always said a little too much, and how he ran his fingers through his hair. Arianna sighed in contentment and happiness, a feeling that was showed clearly on her face. If he had any doubt of her feelings for him before, Austin would surely now know that they were very strong. She smiled, looking down briefly when he said that she wasn't embarrassing herself. She completely thought that she was, but didn't say any more on the matter. Arianna couldn't help but roll her eyes, still smiling though to show that she was joking. Typical of Austin to think of her education first "Oh, I never procrastinate on homework..." she said, not even trying to sound convincing. She considering procrastination of homework and study to be built into her system, as a teenager. Austin was obviously unique in this way, but she loved it about him.

Arianna smiled uncontrollably into Austin's shoulder as they hugged. She liked the feeling of being held tight to him, and responded by wrapping her arms more tightly around him. She would be completely happy to just stay like this forever, in his arms. Pressing her forehead briefly into his shoulder and shivering slightly as she felt him kiss the top of her head, Arianna looked slowly up into his eyes. "I could not ever say no. How on earth could you think that" she firmly, smiling reassuringly up at him "Though maybe I should've, just to see what you would've done..." she said, her eyes twinkling slightly to let him know that she was joking. Though she knew that that moment when Austin had asked her to be his girlfriend, there had been nothing else in her mind apart from blank shock and joy. She wouldn't have been able to possibly think of playing that joke on him. It would be mean, anyway. She could imagine how crushed she would feel if it was done to her.

Austin's green eyes shone in the sunlight, and his hair, a caramel color, shone as well as his smile. He could not help it, Arianna brought him great joy. Everything about Arianna Tipley made his world complete. But he was not about to get on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage. He was still young, and though as much as he adored Arianna, marriage was a huge deal. That would not happen for a long time to come (yet watch him eat his words and get married before graduation). Austin chuckled when she said that she never procrastinated on homework. Even if she sounded convincing, he would not have believed it to be true. She wasn't a Slytherin, or a slacker, but she wasn't a Ravenclaw either. He did not know one that did not do their work. Austin was a good example of a Ravenclaw, but he knew some Slytherins should have been Ravenclaws, like Azerail. He should have been in Austin's honest opinion. He surpassed almost everyone in grades. Austin really thought that the Sorting Hat got Azerail wrong, because of how nice and well, just generally nice he was. Austin smirked slightly, "And I am the Queen of England." His joke kind of sounded weird, but it obviously fit the conversation that was coming about right now anyway. Austin shrugged it off and hoped that he wouldn't be called Queen from now on.

Slowly, but hesitantly because Austin never wanted to let Arianna go, he released the Hufflepuff from his embrace, but his hands remained on her hips. This was not his first girlfriend, but he thought that so far, it had to have surpassed everyone else that he had dated so far. Arianna was the best thing that had happened to him since he discovered he was a wizard. This was true love, and it was meant to be. A teenager could be optimistic, could they not? Austin chuckled when she said that she could never say no, and well, if he had asked her when she was pissed off at him, he figured that she would have said no then. "Well," Austin started off, "I usually make things a lot harder than they should be. So, I was scared." And nervous, but that was naturally a given. What would he have done if she said no? Austin thought for a moment, and though she was joking, he knew he would be crushed. Austin however was going to play along, "I think I would have either got you to say yes, or keep bugging you for the rest of our lives." That sounded a little creepy, but he was just playing, and that smile of his revealed it, as well as that joking appearance his eyes took on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back