Finally getting to see the beauty

Taylor Marks

OOC First Name
Taneaka
Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Taylor skipped through the lawn, dragging Lisa behind her. Somehow, they managed to end up in a garden area, it was gorgeous. "It's more beautiful down here than it looks from up there." She exclaimed to her friend. Tay cartwheeled over to a bench, letting go of Lisa's hand to do so, and beckoned the blonde over as she sat on it. "I officially love this school"

Lisa stopped as Taylor let go of her hand, cartwheeling away to a bench. The scenery was unbelievable here. Beautiful gardens and plants, the lake over to the left; it was incredible. "I know," Lisa agreed, sitting on the bench next to her friend. "So many places to explore and see, not to mention the magic part." She laughed.

Taylor thought for a second, thinking, before speaking. "Do you think, if we declared we weren't leaving from this spot, that our lessons would come to us or would we just miss them?" She looked at her friend, actually serious aboiut the, semmingly, stupid question.

Lisa thought about the question for a moment. "I think we'd just miss them," she said eventually. "After all, there are hundreds of other students, and they all can't come to the lawn for lessons just because two girls refused to move from this spot." She grinned, swinging her legs.

Taylor slumped slightly before sitting back up again, an excited look appearing on her face. "What if we got people to bring homework to us and hand it in for us. Would we get in trouble?" She completely ignored the fact that she would have to get someone to agree to do it for her and a seperate person would have to do it for Lisa.

Lisa laughed in earnest; Taylor had a very vivid imagination, but Lisa suspected at her friend was being serious. "I don't think so..." she frowned, thinking through the rules of the school. "I'm not sure." She said eventually, "Anyway, we would have to get someone to do it for us."

Taylor thought about this bit of information. So there is a way I can stay here forever. "Well, I could ask Immy and you could ask a smarty person." Once Taylor realised she had called the ravenclaws 'smarty people' she burst out laughing. The image of people as blue smarties was just too funny for her, she fell off the bench.

"Smartie people?" Lisa laughed hard, doubling over. "Do I look like a blue sweet to you?" She threw her head back, clapping her hands. But then Taylor fell off the bench. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Lisa asked, jumping down beside her friend, still giggling a little.

Taylor looked up, she was in quite an awkward position. Her legs wer still where they were when she was sitting on the bench and she had managed to wrap herself around the leg some how. "I think so." She peered at Lisa around the leg. "One sec." Taylor managed to twist herself slightly and slithered out from under the bench. "There we go."

Taylor sat back on the bench and waited for Lisa to join her before asking a question that interested her. "Can you do gymnastics of any sort? Like a handstand or cartwheel?"

Lisa dusted off the knees of her jeans as she considered the question. "I've never tried, to be perfectly honest," she said, shifting her position so she was comfortable. It was true; books had always held more interest to her than sports and stuff.

Taylor looked at her in shock. She had never tried a handstand or cartwheel? "Are you joshing me?" Taylor used the saying for the first time since she had left her last foster home and she didn't even notice it. "You've never done a cartwheel or handstand before?"

Lisa shrugged. It wasn't anything major in her eyes. "Nope," she said, smiling slightly. No doubt Taylor would blow this "sin" way out of porportion. "Never even tried."

Taylor shook her head in mock dissapointment. "We're going to have to change that aren't we?" She looked up at Lisa and grinned, showing exactly what she had in mind. Taylor was going to teach Lisa to do a handstand if it was the last thing she ever did.

Lisa didn't like the grin on Taylor's face, and knew what her friend was going to attempt to do. "Great," she said sarcastically, "This will be fun." She stood hesitantly, gazing at her petite hands; they did not look like they could hold her bodyweight.

Taylor laughed at Lisa's expression and tone. "It'll be fine, you only have to be up for a second and I'm gunna catch ya." Taylors' voice was slowly going back to the preppy one she had before when she was at her last foster home. "All you gotta do is put you're hands on the floor and straighten your legs in the air and I'll catch them. I've done this loads of times, you wont hurt yourself, trust."

"Okay..." It didn't sound hard, that was true. Yet Lisa just wasn't someone that was good at physical things. She had two left feet most of the time, and couldn't run to save her life. Granted, she loved to dance, but that was the extent of it.

Placing her hands on the lush green grass, Lisa slowly kicked off the ground, throwing her two feet into the air. Surprisingly, she held for two, three, four seconds, just balancing on her hands. She gracefully placed her feet down again and smiled at Taylor. "Happy?" she asked.

Taylor stood up next to Lisa as she pushed off, ready to catch her if neccesary. She grinned when her friend managed to do it first time. "Of course, you're so good at that you should be able to do a cartwheel too." Taylor demonstrated what to do by cartwheeling away and back again. "It's easier than a handstand. Go on."

"Right." Lisa smiled sheepishly as Taylor seemed to be giving her higher and higher aims in gymnastics. Small people are usually better at gymnastics, she told herself, smirking a little; she seemed to be proving this theory.

Taking a deep breath, Lisa took a few steps back, and then ran up, cartwheeling excellently. I can actually do this stuff, she thought to herself. But that was before she landed hard on her bum. "Ow," she said, laughing a little.

Taylor clapped as Lisa did a great cartwheel. She laughed as the girl landed on her bum. "Gotta work on the landing but appart from that great." She walked over and helped her get up. "I ain't gunna make you do a handspring or anything like that, don't worry." She grinned.

Lisa breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness," she said; she didn't really want to do anything more. "It'll take a while before I'm in any competitions," she said jokingly, rubbing her sore backside. She really had landed hard.

Taylor laughed and wondered back to the bench. "That wasn't so hard was it?" She laughed as she smoothed down her dress, automatically checking her leg was covered enough. "What do you want to do now then?"

Lisa smiled. "It was okay..." she said, sticking out her tongue and giggling; it had been actually fun. "We should go somewhere else," she said, glancing around her, as if a location would pop up out of the ground for them to explore.

Taylor laughed and looked around aswell, thinking of a place to go. "I'd say we could go swimming but I don't have my costume down here with me." She tried to think of any other thing they could do on a nice spring day like it was but she came up with nothing. "I got nothing."

"Hmm," Lisa pondered for a moment, frowning as she tried to think. "How about the Cliffs?" she asked; they really were beautiful, and she had only been there once before. "It's really nice out there."

Taylor looked at Lisa confused. "There's cliffs?" This was the first she had heard about cliffs before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back