Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 10" Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
It had been years since Kaleb Styx and Artemisia Styx could finally save up enough for a house of their own. Kaleb had a pretty big secret from Artemisia. He loved her and their relationship, so even then back in Durmstrang, he convinced her that he was not a pure-blood, when in fact, he was. Kaleb never revealed that he was still a pure-blood, and that was why he was punished as bad as he was. He did not get the scar of a blood traitor in his arm though. Therefore, that was a relief. The Quidditch Player felt nothing but pride as he finished the documents that let everyone know that the house was his. It was a big house, but not too big. It was enough to perhaps raise a family. He did not want a really big family like his father had. But, everything seemed perfect in his and his wife’s life right now. Everything he did was because of her. He just hoped that she would like the house that he bought. Once he finished the signing and he received the deed, Kaleb sent an owl off with two letters. One for his father and one for his wife to apparate to the address. The house was in a wizarding community, so she would not have to worry about exposure.

The house had an excellent view, and Kaleb hoped that Artemisia would like it. Kaleb felt desperate for her approval. The house looked amazing to this young man. He looked around the yard, looking to see if he needed to spend some time out here doing some yard work. He would not mind. After hearing a loud popping sound, Kaleb recognized the sound as the sound of someone apparating. He looked at his beloved wife of many years before he rushed to her, embracing her with a huge hug, but not too tight. He hoped that she would be really happy with the house. He motioned toward it before he announced, “This is our new home! It is about time that we moved out of dad’s place, huh? Do you like it?” Kaleb hoped that she did since he used up all of his savings on it. Everything was theirs. The furniture, the house, everything within it. He spent all he had on it. Kaleb looked down at Artemisia before he planted a loving kiss upon her part-veela lips. She was accepted into the family at last. The members did not seem to mind her at all, which was excellent.

Artemisia Styx apparated to the address given to her by her husband, eager to see what their new home looked like. Artemisia had been eager to move out for years now, but she never pressed the subject because she knew that Kaleb was trying to save as much as he could for a new home. Now it was finally happening and Artemisia couldn't be happier...sort of. Aside from going to see the house, Artemisia had a very pressing issue that she wanted to talk to Kaleb about. Rumors had been floating about and some of them had finally taken refuge at her ears. Was Kaleb really a pure blood? Hopefully not because then not only would he have lied to her, but she knew what people of his blood really thought of people like her. The moment Artemisia had arrived outside a beautiful looking home, she was suddenly embraced tightly by her husband. "Oh my god it's beautiful! Can we look inside?" For a moment, everything had become perfect again. Mostly because the house itself was absolutely perfect. Just as she had imagined it! They even lived right next to a beach! What a wonderful view they'd wake up to every morning!

Once inside, they toured the house. Artemisia instantly fell in love with the kitchen. She'd be spending many hours in there, she just knew it. The rest of the house was beautiful too, just not as beautiful as that freaking kitchen turned out to be. Now that the tour was all done, Artemisia knew she might as well confront Kaleb, because she wouldn't be able to let it go until she knew that it was just a rumor. "We need to talk." Artemisia led her husband into the living room and had him sit next to her on the couch. It was going to kill her if he really was lying, but she didn't think her husband was going to be capable of such a thing. It just had to be untrue! It had to! "Are you a pure blood? I've been hearing people talk-" Artemisia questioned. She prayed that it wasn't true because she didn't know what she would do if it was. How could she live with someone who lied about something so big in these people's worlds. His family really cared about pure blood status, and the fact that he could be one while she wasn't made it look so much worse.

Kaleb was certainly glad that Artemisia appeared to love the house, and that she wanted to look inside. It was about time that the two got away from his family, and now it was time to start a family of their own. The house was big enough for a couple of children. He might be a bit miffed because his kids would look better than he ever would. He was a hot guy, but he was not a part-Veela, which his kids with Artemisia would be. That would bother him to some extent, but right now, he was really happy. He was happy with his life and with his wife. Kaleb led his wife inside the house and gave her a tour around the home. Everything was perfect and clean, the way it need to be. The professional beater continued to show her everything, but it seemed like she loved the kitchen over everything else. That was somewhat surprising, but he actually liked it when she was in the kitchen. She loved to cook, but he knew nothing about cooking without setting the house on fire. Kaleb was horrible when it came down to cooking. Maybe Artemisia could teach him someday? He could hope.

Once Artemisia said that they needed to talk, Kaleb’s blood instantly froze. He could not imagine what they would need to talk about anything. Maybe she was pregnant? That would make sense. He walked into the living room and then sat down next to her on the couch. He waited for what she would say, and then her question caused his smile to fade quickly. She asked the question that he had been hiding for a long time, and now, it was out there. He did not want to lie to her, again, like he did in Durmstrang. He told her that he was a mixed-blood, to ease her feelings when it came to liking him. But the truth was, he was a pure-blood, which was why he was punished as severely as he was. Kaleb took a deep breath and he confessed, “Yes, it is true. I am actually a pure-blood. The firstborn son of Kalif and Nicolette. But hear me out, I really do not care about blood status at all. I just really love you.” Kaleb’s eyes showed just how sincere he was about it, and it was like an anchor lifting off his chest. Kaleb just knew that at the time, she would not have dated him or took him seriously if he admitted his true blood status.

So it was true. Kaleb had been lying to her about his blood status this whole time. Artemisia was furious with Kaleb for two reasons. One because she had no idea the target he has put over her head because of what he's done. No wonder many of the Zhefarovich's hated her guts! They probably thought she was some home wrecking harpie! Artemisia pitied any person less than a pure blood trying to enter this family, because they were about to go through hell and unless they really loved the person they were with, it was going to be nothing but hell. Artemisia was also angry because Kaleb had lied to her. What else did he lie to her about?! "You've been lying to me this whole time? Oh god!" Artemisia buried her head into her hands, she was at a loss for words right now. Her husband been lying to her for years, and he let her suffer through those stupid trials without letting her know what she had really been suffering for. Artemisia felt like she had a reason not to fully trust Kaleb right now, and that made it hard to wand to be around him and still feel like she was safe.

"I feel like I can trust you anymore. All that we went through and you felt like you had to lie to me about who you really were." Artemisia had made her decision and she knew that Kaleb wasn't going to be happy with it, but if he wanted their marriage to remain in tact because of this he'd have to let it happen. Brushing a mass of hair from her face she turned to look at Kaleb, completely seriousness brimming her eyes. "Kaleb, I love you, but right now I'm just so angry with you. I think I' going to go stay with my parents for a bit. Until I sort out my thoughts." Artemisia used her wand to summon her bags into her hand, and she leaned over to give Kaleb one last kiss on the forehead before she stood up. It wasn't goodbye forever, just until she could find it in her heart to forgive him. Artemisia didn't care so much of his blood as she did that he lied about it, and he did it knowing that she wouldn't understand why his family hated her so much, and now she knew why she honestly couldn't blame them, she was tainting their family.

Sure, Kaleb was caught with the lie, but he thought that it was not a big deal now. He was a pure-blood because of his parents, and it was something that he couldn't help. The Zhefarovich family didn't appreciate his wife but she was still under their protection. When she said that he had been lying to her this whole time, his eyes averted to the ground. He was. "It was the only way that you'd even consider me as a boyfriend, or something more back in Durmstrang. I didn't have a choice." It was wrong, but he did have a choice. He could have chose to tell her the truth, but then risk her never coming around him because of what blood coursed through her veins. She said that she felt like he can't be trusted, and how he lied about who he really was. Wait a minute, he was still the same guy! "I am who I am, I haven't misled you about that. It was just my blood status, and it doesn't define me! I just lied about what I am, not who I am!" Kaleb pleaded with her with his eyes to understand what he was going through. He was basically tortured a while back because of who he married, but he didn't care.

However, it occurred to him that she still loved him, as she said that she did, but she couldn't stay here. She was going to her parents for a little bit. Kaleb let out a sigh, and he watched as she started to leave. He couldn't stop her. "Artemisia, wait..." The door closed, and she was gone. "It isn't forever, Kaleb. It isn't forever," he chanted to himself as he sank to the floor. He had to remember that to keep him going. His marriage wasn't over.

Hades Styx's life had settled down to the point where he was constantly with Etoile in Russia, while taking care of their kids. He and Etoile was taking a break from having kids right now, since theirs were growing up a little fast. He received a letter about a month ago from his younger half-brother, Kaleb, about his wife going to her parents' house because he was caught red-handed about his blood status. However, as of right now, Hades needed to check in with Asparuh over who to guard. His lips lingered on Etoile's as he apparated off, to see what the Patriarch wanted. He walked toward the room with the giant family tree, and noticed Asparuh there. Hades immediately knelt down in respect before he stood back up and walked over to the tree. "You see this, Hades?" Asparuh gestured toward the Styx family. Hades noticed what he was pointing at, and Asparuh continued, "No doubt that the kid doesn't know. He will soon enough." Hades narrowed his eyes slightly before he asked, "And what do I need to do, Patriarch?" Asparuh turned to Hades and he said, "Bring her back home." Such a request was odd, but Hades gave a curt nod, and left the Zhefarovich Manor.

Bringing home, a half-breed. Not aborting the baby, not killing the woman, but bringing her home. Perhaps the rest was implied if she didn't want to cooperate. Arriving to the house of the Knight family, where Artemisia was staying, from what he heard, Hades walked up to the wooden door. He thought about blasting the door open and dragging Artemisia home, but where would the fun in that be? Besides, this was a delicate situation. She was carrying a Styx or a Zhefarovich within her. Both were the same bloodline of course. The father was none other than Kaleb. He knocked on the door, and an older man answered. No doubt who he was. "Greetings," Hades said in his Russian accent. "Where's Artemisia?" It seemed as though the man was going to go through with the request, but shut the door in the meantime. Well, that was rude. Hades reached around to get his wand from his coat, but he thought twice, and instead, folded his arms across his chest. He waited for the pregnant half-breed to come forth. He might be a little on the prejudice side, but she was still family. Somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back