Finally 13

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Today she March 18th and to Patricia that meant it was her birthday, and not just any birthday, but her 13th. She was finally a teenager. Excitedly, Patricia made her way down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

Sitting at the table she planned the day out in her head. Breakfast, finish book, Brightstone, shopping, lunch, more shopping, castle, relax the day sounded great.

As Patricia ate her breakfast the owls started to come in, Patricia looked up, hopeful. Above her she could see an owl with a number of things come towards her. She quickly moved her plate and glass out of the way, just in time for the owl to land in front of her. There in front of her was a number of brightly colored envelopes and boxes.

She give the owl a bit of her breakfast and told it to wait, no doubt she would have a lot of writing. She reached for the first card. It was a dark pink envelop. When she opened it, it read:

Dearest Patricia,

I hope you are well, today of all days. Sorry we can't make it to Brightstone today, but as you know things are hectic here at the minute. But we promise to make it up as soon as possible.

Enjoy yourself today and happy birthday.

Love,
Mum, Dad, Chris and Joe xoxo

P.S. Hope you enjoy your presents (the two smallish boxes) and we put some money into you Gringotts account (spend it wisely)

Patricia smiled and quickly reached for the two box shaped presents. She started to quickly tear the wrapping paper, she opened to two boxes and stared at the two beautiful presents her parents had gotten her.

icbrosegardenn.jpg

pt9419.jpg

Patricia read through the rest of the cards from her family and friends back home, who still had no idea that she was a witch and was in fact at a magical school instead of a boarding school. Patricia grabbed a piece of parchment and began to write:

Hi guys

Thanks for the birthday wishes, tell everyone I said hi and I love and miss them all. I understand why you can't make it over, and I don't mind, don't worry.

I have a few things planned out for today, just finishing breakfast now and I will probably go down to the village and spend my money lol. Anyway the owl is getting annoyed.

Write back soon,

Patricia xoxoxo

Patricia tied the letter to the owls leg and went back to eating her breakfast.

Sam woke up quite early, he was glad that he didn't have any lessons today it gave him a good time to catch up on all his assignments- mostly Herbology. He put on a check shirt and a pair of jeans he was going to write a letter to Jenn today. Finally he thought to himself as he had been putting it off for so long. Most of the students were going to Brightstone so at least he could write undisturbed.

Sam's stomach growled, he hadn't been eating or sleeping properly since Jenn left. But the black rings from beneath his eyes began to clear and he was starting to get his appetite back. He made his way down to the Great Hall eagerly, he was going to have a large breakfast.

Sam seen a few older hufflepuffs at the table and then he saw Patricia who he had spoken to a couple of times before. She seemed to have a few gifts in front of her, most be her birthday he pressumed and slipped down onto a seat opposite her. "Hey there!" he said chirply while begginning to fill his plate with all sorts of food. "Birthday girl?" He asked her.

Patricia finished her breakfast and started to read through the cards she had received again, there was some from her aunt and uncles, her grandparents and her best friends, all who she hadn't seen since the summer. Even then she didn't see much of them, due to her friends, Kate and Natasha, visiting during the summer.

Patricia felt someone come and sit beside her but didn't look up until they talked. She looked up and saw Sam, a first year Hufflepuff. She had talked to him a few times in the past and seemed like a decent person, which she had to admit was hard to find sometimes. "Hey Sam." She replied back, with a bright smile. She blushed slightly and give a light chuckle, "What give it away?" She asked.

"It had to be all of these cards." he laughed and then added, "Well...Happy Birthday! What age are you?" He began to spread jam on his toast and filled his goblet with apple juice. Sam hated his birthday's, he didn't like all the attention, he'd love if people just forgot about them altogether.

Alex walked into the great hall, feeling he would have breakfast today. He was starving and he frowned confused as he saw cards in front of . Wonder what's with her? He thought before it clicked. 'Happy Birthday'he said as he passed, smiling. He messed up her hair before sitting down next to them. He started pilling his plate with toast and eggs.

Patricia give a little shrug, "Yeah, family went overboard I think." She said with a light chuckle. "Thank you." She said with a small bow of thanks. "I'm 13 today. Finally a teenager." She said happily, she knew it was only a number but it meant she was somewhat older and not really a child anymore.

Patricia heard another voice from behind her, looking round she saw one of the transfers come sit beside her, "Thanks." She said a bit confused. It amazed her people, who she didn't know, just randomly come up and talk to you. "Oh sorry." She said, realising her cards and wrapping paper were still all over the table. She quickly started to gather them up.

Hollie entered the Great Hall for breakfast that morning, making her way towards the Gryffindor table. However, on the way she passed the Hufflepuff table, where she noticed a group forming around... Patricia.
Oh yeah, Kate mentioned it was her birthday... Hollie thought, smiling to herself. Then she realised she didn't have a card or anything! But she could still go and wish her friend a happy birthday.

Finally she reached the group.
"Hey Pat, happy birthday! 13 today...? Teenager at last!" She grinned, happily, hoping it wouldn't matter that she had no gift or card to give. There were an assortment of gifts in front of Pat anyway - nice ones, as well - so Hollie doubted it was a problem.

Next Alex joined them, Sam said a quick "Hey" before putting his fork in his mouth. Then Patricia started to clean up all the wrappings, "Here, let me do that. Its your birthday." he grinned and gathered up all the wrapping and envelopes pushing them to the side out of the way.

Then Hollie joined them, "Hey Hollie" Sam said friendily. He had met Hollie once before and they had lots of things in common. One, they couldn't draw and two they both played guitar.

As Patricia started to clear the things she saw a shadow over her, looking up she saw Hollie, "Hey Hollie. Thanks." She said with a smile. "Yep, finally 13" She said happily. "Would you like to join us." She said indicating to the seat.

Patricia heard Sam offer to clear up her mess, "Aw thanks Sam, very kind of you." She said as she reached for more apple juice. "So are any of you heading down to Brightstone today?" She asked, trying to strike up some conversation, other than her birthday.

'Hey Sam'Alex replied to him smiling. He continued to eat his egg sandwich, satisfying his hunger finally. he listened to the lot of them talking before he finished his breakfast. 'Nope. It's gonna be packed but on you go and feel free to get trampled on' Alex joked. He wondered if he had actually spoken to her personally yet, now. He only knew her name from hearing it mentioned in the common room.

Patricia put a fake shocked look on her face and nudged Alex lightly, "Well thank you very much. It wouldn't be a great birthday if I ended up in the Hospital Wing, now it?" She asked jokingly. She quickly touched the table, "Touch wood." She said.

Alex laughed. 'Well, that depends on who you're planning to meet on your birthday mind.'Alex replied smiling.

Patricia shook her head, "No real plans for today. Just browse through a few shops." She said with a shrug. "And maybe buy a few things and treat myself to lunch." She said. "Any suggestions?" She asked the few people around her.

Sam shook his head, "No. I may be going during the week. Lets just say shopping..." he tried to think of the right words. "..shopping is hell for me." He laughed satisfied with his correct use of words. He ate his breakfast while listening to Alex and Patricia talk he then inputted when she had asked if there was anywhere nice to go. "Madam Puddifoots is nice. I've been there a couple times. The cheese fries are excellent!" Sam said.

Patricia shook her head and laughed, "Typical boy." She said to Sam. She took a sip of her juice, "You know that sounds like a good idea. I don't think I've been there before. Thanks Sam." She said happy that her day was finally taking some structure.

Alex laughed as Sam told them what he thought shopping was like. Alex had to agree to that as well, he avoided shopping as much as he could unless it was vital. 'And you could always get some jokes to set on people. They can't do anything back since it's your birthday.'Alex added to her list, wondering if it was just him who stuck to that rule or everyone.

Patricia listened to Alex's idea. "Um, true, they can't do anything back to me but come 12 O'clock I'm dead." She said with a laugh. "Then again, I'm not the type of person to pull pranks on anyone." She said with an innocent face.

Sam smiled when Patricia said she wasn't that type of person. "Yeah but that was the twelve year old you. So last year.." He grinned. "C'mon you have to have pulled at least one prank." Sam said drinking from his goblet.

Patricia listened to Sam, geze what's with this guy? she thought, she knew he had pulled a few pranks a long with a few other first years. Shaking her head she said, "Nope. I've never pulled a prank. Not even on April Fools Day." She said with a light laugh, she couldn't even believe what a goodie-two-shoes she was.

((Oh if only you knew what me and my class have pulled off this year :r: April Fools Day was CLASS xD And we have more for after Easter break :shifty: ))

"Wow that is quite an acheivement." He raised his goblet to her. Though secretly Sam had hopes of becoming Prefect so next year he was going to work a bit harder and cut out the pranks. He wasn't sure how he'd break it to Hoshi. He'd only pulled two throughout the entire year and was only caught in one. That wasn't too bad. He hoped he still had a chance.

(( Deadly..we didn't pull any this year -_- ))

Patricia smiled and give a small bow, "Why thank you, I do try." She said raising her goblet up too. Setting her goblet down she give a sigh, "Wow, 13 years of my life and I've never pulled a prank. Is that sad?" She asked, not sure how to feel about that fact.

((Haha, we had our teachers help us ring one teacher pretending we were the police (he believed us) and an other one helped us steal a teacher car and tie toilet roll to the back of it. After Easter we are planning a surprise 40th party for a teacher - it's not her birthday nor is she anywhere near 40 yet =)) ))

Alex laughed, amazed at how(...) good she was. 'Yeah, that actually is a big acheivement'Alex agreed. 'I can't remember when the last time i haven't pulled a prank was'he added, making a worried face before smiling again.

Patricia give a snort, looking up at Alex she said, "So your obviously a bad influence on me." She said laughing.

Alex chukled lightly. 'Probably, but insn't everyone depending on who's view you're on'Alex riddled her again, before drinking down some water.

Sam shook his head, "No its not sad! Your just not into that thing." Sam shrugged, some people weren't he knew many in his year who wouldn't go near pranking anyone. "Well you may be a good influence on me..so it balances out." He said to her.

(( OMG that is class! Even out of all the pranks we pulled we did nothing as good as that. Congrats! =D> ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back