Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Gabriel)
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Sophie had hesitated over her dress for tonight, but had then realized that it would be her last chance to wear it. The yule ball had always seemed like a more formal affair to her than the Valentine's dance, and this dress was really only suited for this event. So she had gotten ready and put it on, only to stand at the sidelines of the great hall, feeling entirely too conspicuous. She tried her best to ignore the feeling that everyone was looking at her, partly because she knew it wasn't accurate. It had been a part of being Head Girl Sophie hadn't really been expecting, the fact that now everyone in the school knew who she was. She felt like being the editor for the paper had made her somewhat known too, but it was a much less public position than Head Girl was. Crossing one arm across her body, Sophie carefully sipped her drink as she surveyed the room. She wondered if she should have tried to get a date for the night, but hadn't had a clue who to ask. Gabriel was probably somewhere with Sara, and Sophie was trying very hard not to look for them. Who else was there to ask? Viktor Styx? Sophie had a grudging respect for the boy, but he didn't seem to be very good company. Most other boys in her year were either taken or totally boring. There was also the fact that her stupid crush on Gabriel still hadn't gone away. It would feel mean to ask someone else when it wasn't the person she really wanted to be at the dance with, as bad of a choice that person actually was for her. Gabriel and her barely got along, so why did her mind keep drifting to him? It made no sense, and it was very frustrating.

Gabriel knew this would be his last Yule Ball. And now it was finally here, he was not actually looking forward to it because he would go solo after a while. He just broke up with Sara but he felt something for Sophie. Since the break he just could not stop thinking of her and he would win her over that was his mission tonight. Or at least he should have a dance with her and seek for her. He was sure she looked pretty and with being the head girl that didn't made a change for Gabriel but still it was cool to say. Gabriel entered the great hall and looked around. He had to enjoy every moment. He was sure he was not that sentimental as the girls were perhaps, but still he remembered the first time he entered this dance. Gabriel had to laugh of his thoughts. First he hated Sophie, but that wasn't the case anymore. The fact that she stood up for herself and to him was also attractive he thought now. And he enjoyed their discussions. But last break they had eaten some icecream together and that conversation was different than other times. The blonde boy walked further into the great hall and figured he needed some drink. He needed something. He still thought about Sara, but he had to move on. He was honest with her and perhaps it was not nice to move to Sophie now but he just had to follow his heart. After getting a drink the blonde turned around and there he saw Sophie standing. He took a sip and noticed how beautiful she looked. Gabriel took his glass in his hand and walked over to her. '' Hey Sophie. You look beautiful.'' He than said a bit flirty. And than smiled. '' Are you here with someone?'' He than directly asked. He hoped he wasn't too late.

Sophie was sipping her drink and staring over at the crowd. She didn't really expect any of them to go talk to her. She spotted Geo and Jess together, and felt a bitter feeling as she remembered how they had all been friends in their first year. How things could change over time. She wondered if maybe Caro would say hi to her, or any of the other people from Hogwarts Monthly. Joshua wasn't bad company, if he she could coax him to say more than a few words. Somehow, with her thoughts elsewhere, she didn't notice Gabriel until he was right next to her. Sophie was startled by his sudden presence, and put her drink down with a bit too much force, allowing the liquid to spill on the table. She barely paid it any mind, as Gabriel had just said she looked beautiful. It seemed like this was causing some sort of error in her brain, as it took her way longer than a normal person to actually find her voice. "Are you making fun of me? And no." She said warily. "Where's Sara?" She wondered if his comment on her lack of date was some sort of dig at her, a joke. She hadn't gone to a ball with someone since Isaac, and that was a long time ago by now.

Gabriel actually thought Sophie had changed so much. And so did he ofcourse they grown. Both in personalities and looks he figured. From the sporting and training and all he had grown some muscles it seemed and he sometimes looked in the mirror and that still was strange. Now Sophie actually thought he didn't ment what he said and he could not blame her since they both always irritated eachother. But this time he ment it. And she directly asked where Sara was and something about that made him feel bad for a moment. But on the other hand she was curious now. Gabriel smiled shortly. '' No Sophie. I'm not. I figured after the ice-cream meeting you knew that by now.'' He than said with a smile. He refered at the last break where they had runned into eachother. '' You really look beautiful. I mean it.' Just take the compliment before I change my mind.'' He than added with a grin. And he than looked around for a moment before looking back to Sophie. '' I don't know. We broke up recently.'' He than explained. He didn't mentioned yet that she was the reasons of, a positive one ofcourse.

Even though Sophie felt oddly comfortable around Gabriel these days, she was still wary and nervous. Here walls were up, and she wouldn't even smile at him as he mentioned the ice cream meeting. It had just been a coincidence, and she didn't think Gabriel really thought anything of that moment. She just shrugged. "One time eating ice cream doesn't make us best friends." She said, looking away from him. Her cheeks turned pink at his compliment, but she kept her gaze averted. "Fine." She muttered. But Sophie couldn't help the surprised glance she gave him as he said him and Sara had broken up. "Oh. I'm sorry." She said, softening just a bit. "I thought you guys had so much in common. Quidditch..." She paused. "Just that, I guess."

Last edited:
Gabriel had to laugh about Sophie her response. That was true they eat a icecream one time, but for he it actually had. And she could know that now. So he looked at her and after het took a sip from his drink he wanted to explain. '' For me things have actually.'' He than said to her and smiled. She saw Sophie blushing and that made him think she actually knew it was serious what he ment. And no\w she knew too he thought. She was so stubborn sometimes and he kind of liked that sometimes. It was a challenge with her. She was serious about Sara it seemed. '' We had. But yeah feelings change. People change, that happend.'' He than explained. If things were different between him and Sophie he would never have told her he would told her to go away. Gabriel didn't spotted Sara still, kind of glad he didn't. It was strange to behave now, but he still hoped they could be friends after all. '' You have to admit we don't yell that much to eachother? I kind of like talking to you now.'' Gabriel than said to Sophie and smiled again.

Sophie shrugged about what Gabriel said about their encounter with the ice cream, not sure what he was trying to say. He was being confusing, and Sophie didn't want to get her hopes up about what he might mean. Her crush on Gabriel was ridiculous, and him feeling the same way was an even more ridiculous idea. He was probably going to date another Quidditch player before the year was over. "It's... a shame." She said about his relationship with Sara, hoping she didn't sound entirely insincere. His next words made her frown a bit. "Well. Yes, we don't yell much anymore. You've become almost bearable these days." She said, then relented a bit more. "I guess I kind of like talking to you too," she added, and smiled back, just a little.

Gabriel hoped that Sophie would have felt something at that break too. And his feeling kind of said she did, but she could play games as well. But he tried to shake that thought away. Sophie didn't seemed like that. He than nodded in agreement. '' It was hard yeah.. But I think it was for the best.'' He than said and didn't want to think of the hurt he did to Sara right now for a moment. So he was glad when she answered in agreement about their relationship now and how things had changed. '' What did you say?'' Gabriel than said with a grin to make her tell again. But he heard well what she did say ofcourse. And his grin went wider as she said she liked talking too and Gabriel just felt like this was right, right now. '' So what about we go a step further? Maybe a dance?'' He than asked her and looked at her a bit flirty.

Sophie nodded with a shrug when Gabriel said it had been for the best. She tried to ignore the flutter of hope in her chest. It wasn't nice to feel happy about someone's break up, especially if it would never actually change anything. Sophie and Gabriel were in completely different social groups, and the idea that he would think of her as in any way comparable to a pretty, perky, Quidditch player was laughable. She snorted as he baited her to repeat what she said. "That you're almost bearable these days, but I'm already starting to reconsider that..." She said ominously. But his next words shocked her completely, and she couldn't hide the surprise on her face. "Sorry, what?"

Gabriel laughed as Sophie was being her. And he was ready to act serious to this, because he ment it. And he would not hide it. But he was not sure how Sophie reacted on this. A voice said she liked him, because girls acted all tough and all if they liked a boy his sister once said. But he didn't knew for sure. He grinned at Sophie her comment. '' I've heard you. Thanks.'' He than said with a smile. He was wondering if Sophie would dance with him and this reaction he did not exactly saw coming. Did they both have a bad hearing or something or was she joking again now like he did. '' Dancing. You know? Moving on the music you and me?'' He than said with a grin and hold out his hand to make the choice easy.

Sophie was expecting Gabriel to get bored of this conversation any second now. Why had he sought her out? Could it be that he actually wanted to talk to her? But her skeptical side found it hard to believe that, even as he was asking her to dance. She stared at him, moving her gaze between his hand and his face warily as she tried to figure out how serious this was. Was he joking? Was he going to pull his hand away at the last second? But no... surely he wouldn't be so cruel? "I know what dancing is... but you asking me is... unexpected." She said after a moment. But his grin was infectious, and Sophie decided to take the leap. She put her hand in his. "Fine. But don't embarrass me."

Gabriel smiled to Sophie waiting for an answer or something she would do. Perhaps she thought it was a joke, but he was not joking. So when she said she knew what dancing was and felt it was unexpected he understood. It was not what she thought would happen perhaps. '' I know right. I'm full of suprises.'' He than said happy. Than the blonde boy was glad when she agreed dancing. Her hand touching him was really nice. The blonde took her along to the dance floor and smiled. '' I won't for sure. '' He was not the best dancer he knew but he could do fine. A slow song came on perfectly and Gabriel was happy with that he hold the dance position and invited her to dance along. And they danced until the song came to an end. He than smiled at her.

Sophie automatically rolled her eyes when Gabriel said he was full of surprises, but he really had surprised her. She tried her best not to focus too much on the feeling of her hand in his. She allowed Gabriel to lead her to the dance floor. At least it hadn't been a cruel joke. Sophie was silent as they started to dance. It was nice to sway to the music with Gabriel. She placed her hands on his shoulders and looked up at him as they moved, feeling both embarrassed and hopeful about this whole thing. If Gabriel wasn't asking her to dance as a joke, was he asking her because he just really wanted to dance with her? That had seemed impossible to Sophie before, but it had just happened. As their dance ended, and Gabriel smiled at her, she couldn't help smiling back. "Alright, you didn't embarrass me." She admitted softly. Her words didn't convey how much she had enjoyed this dance, but it was difficult for Sophie to say anything positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back