Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual (Jason)
Wand
Knotted 11 Inch Whippy Oak Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Even though Matthew never had a date for these events, he still usually went. He just enjoyed the decorations, the atmosphere, and the way he got to meet new people. Most of the students in his year seemed to be here with dates as far as he could tell, and he was reminded painfully of Leah. How much he would love to take her to a party like this, to dance with her. But that wasn't likely even if she had been at Hogwarts. They would have gone as friends if anything, because she didn't like him the way he liked her. Maybe it was better this way. It was less painful if he couldn't see her go with someone else instead. She hadn't mentioned a boyfriend in her letters yet, but had said there was something she had to tell him. He feared it was that, the news that she was dating someone. He was still very excited to see her soon, but dreaded hearing something like that. With a sigh, he picked up a drink and watched some of the dancing couples, wondering what the Christmas Holidays would bring for him. He glanced around to see if he saw anyone nearby he could talk to, it always made him feel a little sad to stand here by himself.

Lily truly felt like her fourth year was her turning point at the school. She'd managed to break away from the friends she'd spent so long trailing in the shadows of during her younger years, and while it was still a scary prospect that she was going to have to make new friends, she knew it would make her happier overall. Now that her sister was at the school too she was looking forward to spending more time with the Ravenclaw, and although the girls had been busy with their lessons, she hoped she'd be able to catch Elsa at the Yule Ball.

She'd chosen a dress of her favourite colour, and of a length that she felt pretty without being overly exposed. She'd seen so many other girls choose dresses she'd be afraid to move in, and not wanting to put herself through those pressures she was glad with her choice. Now that she was in the Great Hall however was a different story. She wanted to act as though she was engaged in conversation so that no one would approach her, but she knew that would somewhat defeat the point of being here. No, she was going to have to pick someone to talk to, and barely witness to the awkward inevitable silence. It took her a few minutes to choose her victim, and feeling a little sorry for the boy she was about to approach, she tried to calm her cheeks as she wandered up to him. What if he was waiting for someone and she was getting in the way? "Hi." she said nervously, not looking up to meet him in case he looked at her. "Are you busy?" she asked, cursing herself in her head, now it looked as though she was asking for a favour or suggested that he didn't look busy enough. Being social was confusing.
<i></i>

Matthew spotted a younger girl nearby in a purple dress, but assumed she was waiting for someone. She approached him, though, and he was surprised when she talked to him. He gave her a friendly smile, wondering what the girl wanted from him. She was younger than him, but most people at school were these days. She looked to be around Odette's age, as far as he could tell, and as usual he couldn't help wondering if they were in the same year and if she knew his younger half-sister. "Hello. Not at all." He said with a smile. "I'm sure the snacks can wait. Can I help you with anything?" He wondered if she needed something, though he couldn't imagine what. He hadn't even brought his camera this time, so he didn't think she was confusing him for someone that photographed for the yearbook or paper.

He was looking at her. He was actually looking at her. Lily tried to keep calm and remind herself why she'd approached him in the first place, but his first question put her more on edge than any reasonable person should have felt. "Oh, no. Sorry." She didn't need his help as such. Perhaps she'd missed the memo that some of the students were helping out with the event, and he was just doing his job. She felt her cheeks burning all the way up to her forehead, and was thanking anyone that was listening in her head for the darkness in the hall. She looked down at the snack table nearby, acting as though it was the most entertaining thing of the evening and the boy would ignore her awkward presence.
<i></i>

Matthew was wondering if he younger girl had a reason for asking if he was busy, and couldn't help feeling quite confused when she said no. His brow furrowed as he tried to understand her answer. "Alright, to answer your earlier question... I'm not busy. Did you want some company?" He asked her, guessing that was the reason she had started talking to him in the first place. Unless she really had wanted to ask him something before chickening out. He didn't think he was all that intimidating, but he was quite a few years above the girl. He could remember how old the seventh years looked to him around that age. "The snacks aren't bad." He said with a small shrug after following her gaze to the table. It was a little awkward, but he hoped some small talk would make her feel more at ease.

Much to Lilys discomfort, the boy continued to talk to her. She should never have gotten involved, this whole Yule Ball thing was a silly idea to try and join in with. She was much better off sat on the side lines or by herself where she couldn't make a fool of herself. "Um, sure." she said before she realised she'd accepted it. Well she was in for it now, she wouldn't exactly be able to back out and head back to the common room without looking more like an outcast. Lily nodded to the boys comment, they probably were quite nice, but whenever the Hufflepuff was nervous she was unable to eat, and doubted she'd be able to touch any of the food around them tonight, especially if she kept hanging out with this older boy. "Are you waiting for someone?" she asked him, wondering whether soon someone would come along and whisk him away from her, or whether she'd have to keep up the practise of small talk for longer than a few minutes.
<i></i>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back