OOC First Name
Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Ash Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
The majority of Falon's break had gone well, until Lyra Potter happened. She had had her ups and downs with her best friend, but she didn't think there was ever going to be anyway to get over this. Not after what she had done to her brother. She couldn't get rid of the shaking anger coursing through her body and when she finally set her eyes on her prey, Falon blew her way over as a mighty storm. Her arms knew exactly what her brain wanted to do and they moved out, shoving Lyra with all of her might. "What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Lyra’s break had been absolutely miserable. So miserable that she almost hadn’t returned to school, but she knew that her mother would want her to finish her last semester and graduate. So, here she was. She was making her way out of the castle, heading to the pitch to fly and escape. However, a hard shove startled her out of her head. It was Falon. Lyra wasn’t the least surprised. She was actually glad it was Falon and not Felix. She would be doing everything she could to avoid him. Falon wasn’t known for her subtlety. “I have no idea what you are talking about.” Lyra lied. She didn’t want to talk to the other girl right now. She didn’t need to hear how horrible of a person she was. She already knew it
<i></i>

Falon rolled her eyes, groaning when Lyra said she didn't know. "Did you want me to go into all the things that are wrong with you?" Falon exclaimed, shoving Lyra again. She wished the girl would shove her back, so she'd have a reason to punch her in her stupid face. "Or are you going to tell me why you broke my brother? Did you know he wasn't coming back to school? Did you know that he cried? Felix. My twin. Cried - because of you. So don't tell me you don't f**king know what's going on Potter." She didn't deserve to be called by her first name anymore.

"Falon! That's enough! Stop shoving me." Lyra said, fighting the urge to shove the girl back. Lyra's green eyes widened in shock as Falon shouted at her that Felix had dropped out of school, blaming it all on Lyra. She knew she deserved it. It felt like her heart was breaking all over again to hear how badly she had hurt Felix. She loved him. She would always love him, but it was better this way. Felix would find someone else. He always did. Tears welled up in her eyes, spilling out and down her cheeks, despite how hard she was fighting to hold them back. "He quit school? Falon, I never wanted to hurt him. It just happened. He'll get over it. Find someone else who will love him better than I can." she said, pain in her voice. The idea of Felix with someone else was almost more than she could bear.
<i></i>

Falon almost shoved Lyra again, just to show that not everyone has to do what she says. The Gryffindor girl rolled her eyes again when Lyra started crying; she had no right to cry! You can't hit girls Falon reminded herself before launching into her verbal attack again, "Do you even hear yourself? Everything you just said is wrong! If you didn't want to hurt him, then why did you break up with him? He was going to propose Lyra! He wanted to marry you, so no, I don't think "he'll get over it". Though I wish he would, because I have never hated someone as much as I hate you right now."

A wave of confusion and shock washed over her as she heard the other girl's words. Felix wanted to marry her, and he had a ring and everything. Something in her snapped."My mother died Christmas Day, Falon! Okay?! Is that what you what to hear? My mother is dead, and I'll be damned if I ever cause Felix the kind of pain Carter is going through." Lyra said, shouting at the other girl. She knew people were staring, but she didn't care anymore. She was finding it harder and harder to care about anything at all. Lyra was angry at her mother despite how hard she had been trying to fight it. What her mom had done was reckless and careless. She chose Kingsley and Kamryn over them all, and now they all had to live with the consequences.
<i></i>

Falon took a step back at Lyra's outburst. Her mother had died? Falon's fists un-clenched, and she felt her face soften. She was still angry at what Lyra did, but she couldn't be angry at her. Not anymore. She swore quietly under her breath. Shaking her head, Falon looked at Lyra. "Why didn't you say anything? We could have been there for you, rather than me - flipping out at you. Is, is that really why you broke up with Felix?" Falon hadn't lost anyone, so she felt she couldn't coach the girl on relationships. She had to hold her tongue on how much pain Lyra had actually caused Felix.

Lyra's eyes were still brimmed with tears. "Because I saw what losing my father did to my mother, and then what it did to Carter to lose my mother. Felix will be better off with someone else because I'm never going to get married. I can't stand the idea of hurting him like that. I just can't." she said, fiercely and utterly convinced that she was doing the right thing by pushing him away. "And, because I can't tell him, Falon, and you can't tell him either. Please." Lyra pleaded with the other girl even though she had a feeling it was useless. "I love him, and I need him to be happy. I know he's hurt right now, but he will move on and find someone who can make him happy. It just can't be me." she said with pain in her voice. Lyra would love Felix for the rest of her life, but he couldn't ever know that.
<i></i>

Whether it was the hormones of being a teenage girl, or the adrenaline rush, or perhaps the massive mood shift, but Falon found herself tearing up. She never cried. This was a difficult situation. "But you are hurting him." Falon responded, then shook her head. It wasn't the time. "Do what you need to do Lyra. I'm sorry about your mom. I really am. I'm here if you need me." It would be hard, to be friends with her again, especially since she didn't really understand where she was coming from. But she knew that losing someone couldn't be easy; Falon would be lost without her mom. So she had to be there for her. Falon would tell Felix that her mom passed, and that was perhaps the reason why. He was her twin, and her loyalty lay strongest with him.

Lyra nodded her head, tears still in her eyes. "I know." she said, though she didn't understand the full extent of exactly how deeply she hurt Felix. He had been her best friend since first year. The one she always trusted and relied on. It had been so hard going through all this without him because she knew if she had told him, he would have been glued to her side. He was so understanding and supportive of Lyra. She just couldn't ask that of him. "Thank you. I hope you will forgive me someday." she said, knowing that they might not ever go back to the way things used to be. Not after what Lyra did. She started to turn and leave, but stopped. "Was he really going to propose?" she asked, knowing it wasn't a fair question, but she just had to know.
<i></i>

Falon nodded her head slowly when Lyra spoke. She was glad that she understood that she couldn't forgive her straight away, not even with everything that Lyra was going through. It was cruel, she knew it, but she couldn't easily forget how Felix had cried. She couldn't easily forgive someone for breaking her brother. Falon didn't move as Lyra began to walk away, but she couldn't say she was surprised for the next question. "The same night. Had the ring and everything."

Falon's answer only strengthened Lyra's resolve, but that didn't mean that it didn't completely shatter whatever bits of her heart were still in tact. Lyra would never get over Felix Urie, but she had to be the only one that knew that. "I'm so sorry." she whispered, not sure if the other girl heard her or not. Without making the conscious decision to leave, Lyra ran. She wanted to be alone where no one would see all the ways in which the pieces of her heart would never heal again.
<i></i>

Falon heard a few words from Lyra, but she couldn't be sure of what she said. However, the girl ran off. She couldn't blame her. She must be an emotional wreck. Falon had no idea what to do. Now she was torn, between anger and pity and sadness. Anger was a normal emotion for Falon; it was easier to deal with. If she just could've gotten into a fight with the girl, she would feel better. But now she had a whole new bunch of emotions to deal with. Falon sighed, and walked back towards the castle, not entirely sure where she was going, but just letting her feet take her.

Fin​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back