Open Fausse Histoire

Aramis Faroe

Beaux Grad | Mellow | Writer

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Open after Daphne posts with Hugo

Lounging in the grass, Aramis had been trying his best to pass the time while waiting for Hugo to be done with Quidditch practice. He was starting to run out of interesting clouds shapes to stare at and let out a grateful sigh when the quidditch team finally started filtering past him. "Finally. It's getting too cloud out here to wait for so long," Aramis groused, dragging himself to his feet when he spotted Hugo. "You done being an international quidditch star or whatever, I need some help on this homework assignment," He said, digging the assignment sheet out of his pocket and smoothing out the wrinkles. "Pretend you are interviewing a famous historical figure," Aramis recited, looking at Hugo with a resigned determination. "Can you pretend to be Flamel or something. I'll feel crazy if I have to pretend to talk to myself. It'll take like 20 minutes tops," He said, falling in step with Hugo. He'd hoped that Hugo would be more amenable right after practice, being too tired to argue and too hopped up on adrenaline or whatever to say no.

Hugo grinned as he came racing out of the Quidditch changing rooms. Practice had been great, and Hugo was practically floating. His cousin had even given him a compliment after he managed to catch the snitch, and her approval meant a lot to him even if he wouldn’t tell her so in a hundred years. He headed over to Aramis and kicked him lightly in the leg as he complained about having to wait here, falling into step with him as he got to his feet. “I’ll never be done being a Quidditch star.” He said with a grin. “And you know I can’t help you with your homework, I’m in the year below you, genius.” He added, rolling his eyes. But then Aramis actually explained what he needed help with, and Hugo reconsidered. “Flamel… that is the really really old guy, right?” He asked him, trying to remember. “With the stone? What was it called?” He asked, trying to remember. History had never been Hugo’s strong suit. “I bet I could do that.” He said after a moment. “I probably remember enough.” He added, though he wasn’t so sure about that. “What sort of questions are you going to ask?”

Aramis rolled his eyes at Hugo's response, shaking his head fondly. He didn't need the reminder that he was asking a younger student for help, but Hugo didn't need to know that much to help him. Though he was less sure about the wisdom in asking with Hugo's response about Flamel. "Oh yeah, you know, that old guy Flamel, just one of the most famous French wizards and alchemists ever," He said lightly, shaking his head at Hugo again. But, beggars couldn't be choosers and it would be easier to talk to Hugo still than try and make an interview himself, Aramis figured. Or at least more entertaining. "You just, just boring interview stuff, where did you grow up, when were you born, what's your most famous work," Aramis said, ticking a few things off on his fingers. "We can probably make up some stuff too if you want. I'm sure Flamel was an avid Quidditch fan too."

Hug scowled at Aramis, nudging him. "Yeah, and what is he most famous for?" He asked him mockingly. "For being really really really really old!" He scoffed. "Duh." But as Aramis went on, Hugo's confidence faltered a bit. "So I'm supposed to know where he grew up and when he was born and stuff?" He asked him, scratching his chin. "Because, uh, I totally do. Somewhat." He didn't, and he was sure Aramis could tell. "But maybe he gets things mixed up sometimes, in his old age." He added, grinning. "So it's fine if I'm off by a few years, right?"

Aramis kept his face neutral, though unable to stop from rolling his eyes as Hugo's joke. Maybe he had made a mistake asking Hugo for help here. Though it did beat the alternative still he hoped. "Okay, maybe I should be Flamel and you can interview me," He said slowly, holding out the assignment sheet to Hugo instead. "Just thought it would be good practice for when you're doing all those newpaper interviews as a famous Quidditch star and stuff, but clearly you don't need the practice."

Hugo felt vaguely insulted when Aramis changed his mind. Like he was going to do any better! He frowned. "Well. Fine." He said, taking the sheet. "But I hope you know you would have gotten a much better interview if you'd asked me. I would have made it interesting." He told him. He laughed a bit at his reason for asking him, which he was pretty sure was completely made up. Aramis was really getting on his case for joining the team, as if he only did it to be famous. "Of course I don't need the practice, I'm naturally great at that stuff." He said with a grin. "So let's get started with this stupid assignment." He then said, looking down at the sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back