Fate Draws In

Gwenneth-Adrie Linde

OOC First Name
Steph.
Gwenneth-Adrie smiled at herself in the mirror, it had been a long time since she was able to get dressed up for a real reason that wasn't a sad thing, like her mother's funeral. Turning around she didn't see any imprefections on her outfit and was satsified. Her boyfriend Jack was suppose to have planned a suprise date for them this evening as they were finally allowed out of the castle. He told her normal clothes but she hadn't really understood what he meant by that so she put on a nice blue dress with tights that brought out her best features. She knew she looked pretty but Gwen would never considering herself to be beautiful, no matter how many times she heard Jack tell her so.

Since the last time that they saw each other was awhile ago and they had made plans for the evening but between her fifth year and his seventh year they hadn't gotten many chances to see each other. Gwen wasn't picky though, she let everything go on its own flow which may prove to be a bad thing in the end. However right now it was working for her and she ignored the rumors of Jack hanging around other girls more, he had his right to have friends. She didn't mind, she had to trust him he knew how much she had been hurt in the past and Gwen could only have help that it wouldn't happen again.

Opening the door to her room she waved goodbye to her dormmate, and walked down the hall to where the boys dormitories were. She was excited and could hardly wait for her date with Jack. It was all suprise to her what they were going to do which had kept her hope up all week. Standing outside the door she nodded to a few faces she knew but waited for Jack all the same. Jack had asked her to wait till he came for her but she had been to exicted to wait and decided to give him a suprise by waiting for him instead of the other way around.

Jack stood in his dorm, finishing his look. Running his hand a couple of times through his hair, he positioned and repositioned his tie, trying to find the right spot. His mates, getting fed up with his frantics about choosing the right tie, had left the room, leaving him on his own to panic. It was a surprise to everyone really, because he was normally an easy-going person who didn't get nervous. But something about the knowledge of the beautiful girl that he was meeting made him panic, wanting everything to be perfect. It was almost as if he knew he was competing with the mysterious Alois. Shrugging at the thought, he took a deep breath, grabbed a jacket and his wand, and left his dorm room. The jacket wasn't for himself but for Gwen in case she got cold. He also had some fresh clothes to change into and suddenly panicked, realising that he hadn't told Gwen they had a hotel booked. Nothing would happen of course, for Jack wasn't that sort of guy, but he didn't want to ruin the weekend by having to keep apparating back and forth from outside Durmstrang.

The part-veela hopped back inside his dorm and took one last look in the mirror before finally leaving the room. Wandering for a few seconds, he turned a corner to find a beautiful sight to greet him. Gwen obviously hadn't waited, but part of him leapt for joy at that fact, delighted that it wasn't just him excited about where they were going. She still had no idea, but that made it all the more better and exciting. Taking a breath of amazement, he smiled and whistled low in his throat to get her attention. "Wow. You look amazing!" He said, reaching her in two small strides and planting a kiss on her lips. Holding her hand, he leaned against the wall. "Are you ready?" He asked, throwing a cheeky wink into the occasion and ignoring the scoffs of his friends by the side.

Gwen smiled at the site of Jack appearing infront of her. Based on his looks she knew she had chosen a decent outfit, she didn't want to appear dumb to any of the people they were going to pass tonight, that just wasn't her. Her head had turned towards him at the sound of his whistle, at first she had thought it was some guy who was a major flirt and then she saw him. Of course Jack was a major flirt but he was her's, and that was that. Her cheeks burned brighter at his compliment and her ears were sure to be red, but luckily her hair was covering them. She let him kiss her in greeting and when he pulled away she smiled up at him. Despite her being tall, Jack still managed to be taller.

"Well, yes. Anything else I might need?" She asked her empty hands raising up showing she didn't have much with her. He hadn't said anythnig about bringing things so she didn't, and just brought a small purse to keep her personal items in that she could need. All just in case, sort of thing, and she made sure to bring her medication incase she was allergic to anything they eat. Her eyes trained over towards his friends and her head lightly shook at them. Gwen knew Jack was different around her, many of the guys had stopped in the past few weeks to comment on how he changes whenever she comes up in the conversation. It was something about going soft, weak at knees, but she figured they were just going overboard but it was nice to know that he did like her alot.

Jack smiled at her again and thought for a moment. If she wanted new clothes, he could take her shopping and had a lot of money on him, but it was probably best to let her choose. But then again it might ruin the surprise. Confused as what to do, he frowned. "Well if you wanted a change of clothes, then that would be a good idea, but if not we can go shopping. Which is what i had planned." He said, deciding on not to dare attempt a girl's obsession with taking clothes with them. He didn't want her to panic about the sleeping arrangements and suddenly wondered whether she would duck out at the last minute. Hoping that she wouldn't, he took a deep breath and smiled. "If you don't need anything, then we can go." He said, standing up straight again and taking her hand, leading her towards the end of the corridor to where the exit was. His friends made some rude and suggestive gestures behind her back at him and he smiled sarcastically. Ignoring them, he turned to leave.

Gwen was confused by why she needed extra clothes and of course she knew she didn't need new ones, but it seemed to her that she was pressing on details of his suprise and decided to just let it float by. "Oh, well I have money with me so I should be able to pick anything up I might need," she said a bright smile on her face. It was nice to get out of the castle for a while and she was going to enjoy it, that was sure. Pulling away from the wall she walked down the hall along beside him her fingers intertwining with his. "Hmm, I wonder what we are going to do..." Gwen said as they came closer to the exit. A smile was on her face as she looked up at Jack wondering if he felt like giving her any clues. After all she had been waiting a few weeks for this night, all that time have lead her mind in crazy directions, some she hoped wouldn't be true.

Jack nodded and laughed lightly. "Well, we can discuss who will buy the clothes later." He shrugged, having already made up his mind to spoil his new girlfriend. His parents were rich enough, and once he had told them what was going on, they had loaded him up with money so he could treat Gwen and give her a present from his parents. Smiling, he walked with her to the gate and stopped, turning to face her. "Before we go, I got you a present." He said, smiling at her as he pulled a box out of his pocket. When she opened the box, she would find a bracelet that he had chosen specially for her. The brand was supposedly an expensive one, but he hadn't really noticed when he had paid on his new credit card that muggles seemed to use all the time. The bracelet was muggle yes, but it seemed to have more meaning behind it than some tacky magic toy. Smiling, he let go of her hand so she could open it. He didn't want anything in return and just smiled at her when she asked where they were going. "Im not saying, but i hope you are ok with apparating." He said, winking at her as he smiled again.

Gwen gave Jack that look of 'really now?'. She hated to be be given things she didn't need, and she was sure Jack would go to all troubles to get the best clothes out there even if a cheap pair of shorts and t-shirt would do. Flicking her hair over her shoulder she was glad that the air was cool, and it let the pink in her face cool down and go away. "Or I could always wear your clothes," she said to him a smirk on her face. Though she found it hard to really be feisty with Jack, he brought out her sweet side more. Alois brought out her feisty side and she had enjoyed her time with him, but now Jack was all she allowed on her mind. Shocked when he pulled out the small box she looked up at him uncertain if she really wanted what was inside. Pulling open the lid she looked down at the silver bracelet, it was from Tiffany's an expensive muggle line. Her eyes stayed connected on the bracelet a small smile on her face as she thought through her mind for the right answer. "Wow, Jack. This, this is more then just any old present. I, Couldn't-," she stopped with a sigh knowing he wouldn't take it back, it had been the same with her last boyfriend before Jack. "Thank you, it's beautiful," she said letting the box close shut as she reached up to hug her boyfriend. To stop him from saying much more about it she kissed him on the lips, of course in the fashion that he prefered. "Yes, I guess, as long as you don't leave any of me behind," she said to him her arms still wrapped around him and she leaned in for another kiss not wanting to think about loosing parts of her.

Jack smirked lightly at the look that he received and just smiled at her suggestion. "My parents have sent money to buy you things..." He began, leaving it there so that she couldn't argue with the old 'parent' line. He didn't want to discuss it now and end up ruining the surprise of where they were going, but he didn't want her to think that she had won. That would do nothing for his good. Watching with delight as she smiled, he frowned at her answer. He didn't want her to refuse it, for to do that would be to refuse Jack and stop him from being able to give her things. He enjoyed giving things to other people, and he enjoyed spending money on lavish gifts. Especially now that he had a special girl to treat, he hadn't looked at anyone else in the same way. He saw her face in everything, and had ended up going soppy on his friends at the mention of her. To be honest, they had gotten fed up with him and sent him away, telling him to 'write a sonnet but not to try it out on them.' Smirking at the thought he found her kissing him and he kissed her back, glad that she had decided to keep her present. Slightly upset that she wasn't wearing it, he smirked at her question and raised his eyebrows. "Trust me." He quoted, using her favourite and most regular phrase from when they had been together. Kissing her again, he made it short and sweet, the way that she had told him that she liked. Smiling into her eyes again, he held her hand but then decided to hug her instead, thinking it would be a better way to travel. As he hugged her, he span on the spot, disappearing into darkness for a moment before reappearing in Oceania, near the place where he had booked the hotel. "Welcome to Oceania!" He smiled after a minute, giving her time to collect her senses and recover from the journey. Holding her hand, he gave a lavish sweep of the view, smiling at her as he continued. "This is where we are spending our weekend. If you don't mind that is..." He started, before turning to look at her and planting a kiss her on her nose for a second.

Gwen gave him an 'Ooh' look net as he explained what his parents had done and didn't press the topic anymore. He should be saving the money for his life after school but not everyone was a saver like herself so she'd discuss it later with him. Her hand slipped the box bracelet into her bag and she nodded up to her boyfriend as he told her to trust him. Afterall she had to trust him, otherwise it would one less person she could count on at the school, she hadn't made many friends so far afterall. Gwen figured she could slip on the bracelet later to see how it looked but for now it was just clash with the simple gold chain of a bracelet she had on. Though she didn't care much for fashion, she didn't like the two colors together, that was for sure. A grin came across her face at his kiss, so he could compremise which was good. A strange feeling come over her and after the brief second she found herself tumbling onto new ground, though luckily Jack had been hugging her. Following his arm as it moved across the view she took it all in before looking back at Jack. Her face scrunched up he kissed her nose but she laughed it off not really minded it. "Well I don't think I really have a choice now that we're here, but it'll be fine," she said her laugh bouncing into the air. Her arm found it's way around his waist and she leaned into him looking at the area that surrounded them.

Jack laughed at her response and smiled. Wrapping his arm around her shoulders, he began to walk towards the restaurant where he had booked them in for the evening. Taking a quick glance at his watch, he smiled at the fact that they were all on time. Everything was going perfectly perfect for the evening, and Jack was almost tense as he prepared himself for something that might ruin their evening together. Reaching the restaurant a few minutes later, he turned to Gwen as they drew closer to it. "By the way, its muggle because the food here is the best." He laughed, pulling her closer and kissing the top of her head. In the few minutes that they had first met, they had gone from the dorms in Durmstrang to a restaurant in Oceania. Oh how Jack loved magic. Pushing his wand in his pocket as they neared the entrance, he stopped and turned to face Gwen before they went inside. "I want you to enjoy the weekend. I have a few things planned, but i don't want it to be something like a blister weekend, so please enjoy it and tell me what to do if im doing anything wrong." He smiled and lay his hands on her shoulders as she faced him. Kissing her shortly again, he smiled and nodded to her, hoping that she would enjoy the weekend that he had taken the time to prepare.

Gwen smiled and nodded at him as the came up to the muggle restaurant, of course she knew nothing could compare to the local bar back home near her house. There the muggle chefs made the best meals, and most of the time you got more then what you payed for. "I thought you didn't care much about muggles?" She asked him looking up his face as he kissed the top of her head. The small gestures made her smile each time, and she still smiled despite being confused to his feelings towards muggles. Stopping with him, being more forced to stop because her arm was wrapped behind him, she turned to face him as he talked. "Of course and I can't wait to see what they are. And I will, don't worry," she said answering everything he brought up. His lips connected with hers once again and she couldn't help but think she should start counting how many times he kisses her each day of their mini trip to see which day she gets the most. It would be a funny secret for her to know and something to talk about with her roommates when she got back after the weekend ended. Five.

Jack shrugged at her question. He didn't want her to know that he didn't care about muggles no, but he wanted her to be happy. "They cook well, i will give them that." He shrugged again, laughing lightly. "Trust you to catch me out." Smiling at her next comment about waiting and telling him if he got something wrong, he shook his head as he laughed, and with one final kiss on her lips, he walked towards the restaurant. The door was opened for them by a doorman and Jack raised his eyebrows at Gwen as he walked through. The first thing that hit him was the aircon, it was blowing on full to keep out the summer heat and he smiled, as he let the coolness of it embrace him. Walking forwards, he found himself out of the line of fire and now into the cool breeze that felt more comfortable on his skin. The second thing to surround them were pretty waitresses who gave them menus and walked them to a table-for-two. Holding out the chair for Gwen, he waved the waitresses away and smiled before sitting down in his own chair. Making sure that there was no one around to see him, he pulled out his wand quickly and waved it in front of the candle. Lighting it up, he stuffed his wand back into his pocket as he opened his menu, an act that could have easily been disguised as someone merely getting a tissue out. Raising his eyebrows again at Gwen, he smiled. "Gwen, there's something i want to tell you..." He began, holding his hand out on the table to take hers. Waiting for the suspense to build, he smiled to himself.

Gwen shook her head at her boyfriend but a smile was on her face. Her mother had been a great cook, but most mother's were. "And elves are not?" She asked him with a laugh, it was meant as a joke but a muggle nearby seemed to overhear her question and in response gave her a strange look before walkign away mumbling something about teen's weird obsessions these days. She laughed again followed Jack into the restaurant. Six. Gwen shook her head in laughter at Jack's response to the door man. Muggles did know how to treat themshelves well, even if they didn't have magic to aid them. Looking around the place she let herself get lead to a small table for her and Jack and sat in the chair taking everything in. Watching as he lit the candle she held her breath trying to not look suspicious in case any of the older people there would think her strange again. Her hands had been laying the menu out infront of her when Jack's had caught hers. Looking up her eyebrows raised in question as her heart jumped alittle, nervous about what he would say. Of course she didn't have the fear of him dumping her, he wouldn't have brought her all the way there to do such a think. But she wasn't sure how many more compliments she could take from him, she didn't like how easy it was for her to blush and he seemed to keep making her blush with everything he did. "Yeah?"
OOCOut of Character:
grr i just lost awhole bunch of text the begining and couldn't remember what i wrote

Jack laughed at the old man who went away mumbling and looked around the room. There seemed to be something different about the restaurant and he had to keep reminding himself that it was muggle and therefore it looked normal to them to not be seeing floating drinks and food being delivered to the tables. Of course, it was so much easier with magic, and only when he was around muggles - which he preferred not to do - did he realise how much he probably took for granted. Smirking lightly to himself at her reaction to his dramatic build up, he wondered whether the final result was as good as she had been expecting. Hoping that it was, he smiled again, teasing her now as he waited. Rubbing his chin with his free hand, he waited a second before answering. "...I love you." He whispered, smoothly moving the candle out of the way so as to not set fire to something and leaning across the table to kiss her. Cupping her face in his hand, he kissed her softly, calmly at first so that it was like an unspoken lullaby and then the kissing became stronger. Finally pulling away, he kissed her lightly on her lips and smiled, waiting for a reaction from her. The waitress seemed amused by the couple and hovered a few metres away, waiting for the signal to approach. Turning to another table, she gave them some privacy so that Gwen could say something... anything.

Gwenneth raised her eyebrows as she waited for what he wanted to say to her. She had already waited weeks for this weekend and now she was getting antsy about what he could possibly say to her. When he finally spoke she was at first shocked to hear the words until she remembered she's already heard them but this time he was saying it first and she had to repond. And Alois wasn't in the conversation meaning she wasn't trying to cover up any feelings she had for the boy. Has he leaned in for the Seventh and Eight kiss it gave her time to enjoy the moment and think of a response. "Hmm, well of course I thought it was going to be something new, you've told me this before. But...it is nice to hear it again and I love you as well," she answered back to him at first giving him a dissapointed look but it didn't stay very long as she was teasing him. Pulling back she looked over to the waitress which gave the women a clue that she could come back. Though Jack had distracted her and she hadn't gotten the chance to look at the menu, hopefully she was just there about drinks.

Jack laughed lightly at her response and momentarily frowned when she gave a disappointed look. Smirking slightly, he leaned back in his chair and ordered a coke from the waiting waitress. Watching his girl friend from the small distance, he picked up the menu and scanned his eyes down it, choosing something to eat. He wasn't as hungry as he might be, but he decided on something light and simple like spaghetti Bolognese. Smiling encouragingly at Gwen, he waited until she had decided on her drink and meal before telling the waitress that he wanted the chosen meal. Waiting for her to go, he turned his full attention back to the girl in front of him whose beauty was enhanced by the soft glow of the candle. "Do you know, you are beautiful." He smiled, the compliments rolling off his tongue in such a way that it felt natural to compliment her.

(OOC: Sorry for the lame post :erm: )

Gwen looked over the menu before ordering something that sounded normal, of course she went over the ingredients and didn't see anything spicy which was good. They didn't have any Fanta so she stuck with water as a drink and choose a simple meal that she could either eat fast or slow depending on how fast Jack ate and if he had more plans for the evening. Her boyfriend continued to give her compliments and she almost felt like they were just cheesy pick up lines and that he wanted something from handing them all out to her, but that was just her experience with males. "Do you know, that you better keep you wand in your pocket. You may not have the trace on you, Mr. Legal citizen, but if one of them were to see you," she said leaning over the table to him whisphering. She knew better then to glance around, that would only make everything alittle more suspicious. Pulling away she leaned back in her chair while scooting in forward a bit more. Looking up at Jack she raised her eyesbrows wondering what he would say or do next.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply and lame post :( )

Jack watched Gwen from where he was sitting, just watching her as she chose her food. She obviously didn't realise that she was beautiful, and to Jack, it seemed that every gesture was delicate, that every gesture was planned to perfection. Realising with a jolt that he truly loved her, he smiled to himself and let the waitress disappear after their foods were ordered. He really did mean the compliments that he said, but he got the feeling that she didn't think he did. Sighing inwardly, he wondered what he would have to do to win her trust over. Laughing lightly at her comment, he leaned forward and kissed her lightly on her lips before returning to sit back in his comfy chair. "Ok. Its going away." He whispered back, putting it in his pocket slyly and copying her tone. Watching the raised eyebrows of hers, he wondered at what to say for a moment, before finally replying. "What do you want to do, now we are here?" He asked, deciding that she could choose whatever she wanted to do so that she enjoyed herself. He was just enjoying being with her, but if there was something that she wanted to do, that was fine with him.

The young girl smiled as she thought of the number nine, that was just the ninth time her boyfriend kissed her so far in their evening. It was getting to the point where she might laugh out loud about her secret counting of the kisses. Though she did enjoy them, Gwenneth's mind did drift and wonder how Alois would kiss her. She wondered if he prefered the shorter ones like she did or the more in depth and longer ones like Jack. "Good," she replied back as she looked over at him before glancing around to see if their food was coming or not, but she did remember that muggles took longer to get food prepared then elfs at school did. Sometimes their food would taste better though, cooked slowly instead of just snapped there. Thinking about Jack's question she leaned her elbow on the table so she could lean her head into her hand and think. "Isn't it, that you are suppose to be coming up with these plans before hand? I'm not even sure what there is to do," she said shrugging her shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back