Pixie Longmire

quiet

Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 15 Inch Rigid Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Pixie had waited, until most of the night had passed and there was likely only an hour left of the dance. It was beginning to thin the crowd as people were milling off to take their dancing to the common rooms, or the drama had pre-maturely ended some nights. She liked wearing a fancy dress, and like doing up her hair, feeling like one of the prettier girls but she had pretty awful experiences at these events and thought arriving late enough would mean she'd be left alone and that there would be too many people left. The crowd was thinner with fewer people in the room than any of the previous times she'd attended, but it was nice, busy that she could probably not be too noticed but not overwhelming busy. She was still hanging around the walls of the room, she didn't think she would ever dance at the centre of the room, but she could be a little more at ease just watching like this.

Indi yawned and checked the time. It was getting late and it was clear that yet again she wasted her time. She wasn't sure what she was expecting and did have some fun with her friends, she just expected more considering the fuss everyone seemed to make about the ball. But she had done her time and was ready to go to bed. She stopped at the snack table for another cup of juice and when she looked up she nearly jumped out of her skin. "Merlin's beard! Have you been here all night?" she asked Pixie and put a hand to her chest now that her heart was beating a mile a minute then sighed. "I don't know why you come to these things if you're just going to hang in the corner." Indi said dryly before sighing. "I don't even know why I come." she added but mostly to herself. The Hufflepuff wasn't the most talkative anyways.

Last edited:
Pixie didn't realise that someone hadn't spotted her, until they jumper and exclaimed. Pixie blushed deeply, not having meant to do that. She shook her head at her question and then looked at the ground between them knowing that it was a fair question. "I like dressing up....," she replied, her voice quiet, she was gripping at the skirt of her dress and then looked up at the girl. She gave an additional little shrug, as if that would explain it.

Indi watched Pixie as she shrugged and narrowed her eyes as she took another sip of her drink. She wanted to roll her eyes when the other girl finally explained herself but she didn't. "Well that seems like as good as any reason." she said with a sigh. Indi didn't mind dressing up for the ball but she wasn't sure if she would say it was on the top of her list of reasons. She thought for a moment and decided to ask Pixie a few more questions while she was here. "Do you avoid people on purpose?" she inquired, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Pixie wasn't sure what this girl's reaction would be, she didn't get the impression that she liked her, but Pixie knew that this could jsut be her nerves reading too much into it. She nodded at the statement, but wasn't sure that this girl really believed it. At the question she shook her head..thinking about how to answer. "Crowds make me nervous...," she said quietly, it didn't go into how she found it difficult to talk to people, just preferred the silence. It was too a bit of a understatement, but she figured this might be the easiest way to answer the question.

Indi was finding herself surprised how invested she was in this conversation. If you could call a handful of words a conversation. But she still stayed where she was standing and didn't make any moves to leave. She noticed how Pixie shook her head before she answered and Indi was finding herself drawn in like she was researching a wild animal rather than a classmate. She wondered if anyone had gotten this much out of her before. "That makes sense." she said with a shrug when the other girl finally answered. She didn't share that same phobia but she could understand where it came from at least. "So you just prefer to....hover?" she questioned. She wasn't sure how else to describe the behavior.

Pixie wasn't sure what kept her there, why she was so curioustiy about this. But she'd not be unkind about it with her. It wasn't the worst conversation she'd ever been half a participant in at the yuleball. At the very least she wasn't threatening her. She gave a little near silent laugh at the way she described it and then nodded. "Yeah, I guess," she agreed, she was really trying in this conversation though Pixie knew it probably seemed like she wasn't. It was just hard to know what else to add. It probably didn't help that on top of her silence, she just really struggled with conversation.

Indi yawned again but tried to stifle it. She hadn't even danced much but her body was feeling heavy and it felt much later than she had thought it was. She sighed at the other girl's answer. She should have expected that kind of answer. "Where did the name Pixie come from? It's not like a family name is it?" she asked skeptically. She had been wondering this for a while but had never had the chance to ask. Indi thought her name was a bit stuff and preferred her nickname but comparatively she couldn't really complain. Except when it came to her middle name. That she liked to keep to herself.

Pixie frowned at the question, she shook her head, and wondered how to respond, since it wasn't a family name and wasn't one she thought was worth going into. She didn't dislike her name, but it wasn't the best name either. She had been given it by her adoptive parents when she'd been a baby. She knew that they always said that her wide seeing eyes have made them think of a pixie. Though the muggle sense of it. She looked back at the girl and gave a little shrug to along with another small shake of her head. "I don't know," She wasn't giving much to this conversation, she had to imagine that this was getting dull, boring. Pixie was sure this girl would grow bored enough to leave.

Indi waited expectantly for Pixie's answer and as expected it came to her, just as short and to the point as every other exchange they had tonight. She let out a laugh and shrugged as she looked around the now quickly emptying hall. "Well there's not much left to do." Indi said, glad she had made it this late into the night. "But you know, I don't think that will stop you from having a good time." she added as she nodded at the other girl. "I'll see you around." she said and raised her cup in a kind of salute before she yawned again and started for the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back