Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Curved 14 1/2" Rigid Larch Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Young Ares had been on a voyage of discovery the last few weeks, he was a fairly confident young boy, sure of himself in almost all that he did, but he was left fairly questioning as the realisation had begun to dawn on him, he had no yet had the confidence to say it out loud, Ares knew he was young, and was a little afraid of the reaction it might garner if he said anything, but perhaps it was just his mind over reacting and in fact everything would be fine. Ares arrived at the Yuleball, and instantly within the crowd spotted his brother, though the boy was clearly busy with the girl he was with. Ares had no date, and hadn't even thought to ask anyone, his mind had briefly though of Ellie, but given that Ares was coming to the realisation that he wasn't straight he hadn't wanted to attend with her, or really anyone. Instead he was happy wandering into the busy hall, smiling to the people he walked passed, not surprised by the effort that others had put in, he spotted his brother pretty easily within the crowd and waved at him, knowing that he was at the ball with some guy.

Knowing this, and actually seeing it, filled Ares with yet more confidence, he'd confided in his older brother about what he was feeling, trying to explain it to him, and his brother had been supportive beyond belief. The young hufflepuff waved at his brother before he turned his attention to the others dancing about in the hall, there were a number of cute people, he wasn't particularly interested in pursuing anything, after all, he was still young and honestly the thought of having to be in a relationship with someone was boring to him. So, Ares satisfied with not dancing, perched himself on a chair looking out at the people dancing, letting his active imagination take over, filling the hall with yet more festive decorations, creating little stories for the dancers, tales of sorrow and heartbreaker, of momentous moments, of pure unadulterated joy. Ares was perfectly satisfied with how he was likely to spend this yuleball, he did love making up stories.

So far at Hogwarts Clementine had flown by under the radar, as she was used to doing. Even with a bright blue dress and a miniature tiara Clementine was sure no one would notice her at the Yule Ball even if she noticed them. She was always content to just stand back and watch, but after looking around the great hall over a cup of punch, she began to notice she wasn't the only one overlooking the festivities. Clementine knew the signs of people watching well, so she carefully made her way over to the other onlooker to see if perhaps they could be observers together and perhaps it would make the ball feel less..lonely. "Hi there," she said with a small smile. "I'm Clementine," she introduced herself. "You're in Hufflepuff too, right?" she asked, ever observant.

Ares was a little startled when someone spoke to him, and he looked round and spotted the slightly younger girl whom he had seen around the common room, a hufflepuff like him, and he nodded at the introduction, "Ares, yeah, Hufflepuff," the young boy replied with a little smile, his gaze pulling away from her slowly and out at the people in front of him, but he realised with a little bit of a start that the girl was still there, and perhaps she was looking for a conversation with him, he therefore let his gaze shift back to her suddenly, "I'm not much of a dancer, I like watching, imagining what these peoples lives are like," he explained thinking that perhaps this was the best way to try to speak to her, unsure of what else might be good to say. He wondered why this girl wasn't dancing, perhaps like him she wasn't interested in being within the mesh of people dancing to the music. He gave the girl a little smile, a slightly shy smile before wondering if perhaps this girl, Clementine would join him, "Are you much of a dancer?" he asked, attempting really to engage her in conversation, perhaps because he thought that was what she wanted.

Clementine smiled when she guessed his house right and he introduced himself. He didn't seem like one for much conversation when he turned his attention back to the people on the dance floor but then he spoke to her again, explaining his silence. The blonde smiled at him again and said, "I like to watch people too," she said it simply as if that was something people normally did, even though people had often told her it wasn't. But she knew since this guy did it too he wouldn't judge her for it. "I never thought of imagining stories for them, that's interesting," she added, and looked out at the crowd again, this time trying to imagine something other than what they were doing. She was going to ask him to tell her a story he'd just imagined but just then he asked her something else. "I'm a pretty good dancer," she nodded her head modestly, "but while normally I don't mind dancing alone, everyone here is mostly dancing in pairs so I feel like this isn't the type of dance for solos," she quipped, just a hint of humor in her soft voice. "Why aren't you dancing?" she asked while looking up at the slightly taller boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back