OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2" Rigid Elm Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Derek knew following the kissing game that perhaps it hadn’t been his best choice to attend, but of course, part of him was against the mere idea of not going to certain event just because he was now with someone. It had been such an occasion to see and meet other people from his year and others. They hadn’t done much talking of course, but it had been nice regardless. It had been engaging to watch the interactions of others, but given that emilia hadn’t been there but a few of her friends had been, he could assume that they would tell her, and he knew he would need to tell her too. To derek it hadn’t meant anything, he liked Emilia and wanted to be with her, not with any of the girl’s in the room, or the boys even for that matter. It had been harmless fun in his mind, but with that girl’s reaction to him even being there. It was nothing, they had all just been messing around, he’d kissed some people on the cheek and that was it. It was likely a good thing he’d been friends with Diana, or it might not have been so easy. He liked diana, she was nice and cool. Derek had his books under his arm as he searched the hufflepuff table for Emilia, he had a busy day ahead of him, but he had time this morning t sit with Emilia and have a little breakfast with her. He eventually spotted her and made his way quickly over, plopping down in the seat next to her and leaning in to give her a quick kiss on the cheek, ”Morning princess,” he greeted softly as he leaned out, putting his books down on the table, ”How’re you?” he asked, there was little sense in just jumping straight in, he needed to talk to her, but there was something to be said for starting slowly. Not just launching straight in.

Emilia had been conflicted and distracted by the news she had heard from Acacia and Analei. Her thoughts on the subject kept changing, as she kept doubting herself. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to be angry or not, or maybe if it wasn't a big deal at all and she just overreacted by being upset. But in the end, Derek had gone to a game where kissing was the main objective, and he hadn't even told her about it. That was bad, wasn't it? Evelyn had adviced her to go talk to him, and she would... eventually. She had avoided him a little, as she wasn't sure what to say to him yet. So when he suddenly sat down next to her as she was prodding at her food, she jumped a little in surprise. He kissed her on the cheek, which made her think immediately of the other girls he probably kissed on the cheek in that game. She tensed up and glanced at him uncertainly. "Good morning." She said softly. "I'm... alright." She bit her lip. Should she bring it up? Evelyn had told her to. "I... I heard you were at that game." She added, her voice soft. It wavered for a moment, and she averted her gaze from him.

Derek watched at her as she seemed to tense up a little at him, he frowned a little wondering what kind of thing could cause that expression to form on her features. The fact she knew about the game and that he was there was clearly what was causing it. Derek let his smile fade away and replaced it with a small look of concern, ”Emilia,” he spoke clearly, inching a little closer to her, bring a hand to her cheek and trying to get her to meet his gaze, ”It was just a game,” the boy assured her, ”I don’t care about those people in the same way I care about you,” the boy assured her, ”it was just harmless kissing. I like you, you’re my girl, there is no one I’d rather spend time with, go on dates with or kiss on the lips than you,” the boy said to her, stopping himself from saying any more than that, he was fairly certain he’d said enough that she wouldn’t be too annoyed but didn’t want to jinx it by saying more. ”I’m sorry if it upset you princess, I won’t do it again,” he decided to add, knowing that an apology could always go a long way to make things better. It was the better thing to do. He wasn’t sure what he’d done wrong, but he’d apologised and if she was still annoyed with him or sad about it, he’d just keep apologising and get her some flowers and chocolate like his dad had always done for his mum after they’d argued.

Emilia waited for Derek to dismiss her worries, or maybe for him to be angry at her for bringing it up. Maybe she shouldn't have. Maybe that wasn't what a good girlfriend did. She was on the verge of taking her words back, when she felt Derek's hand on her cheek. She met his gaze, her eyes wide and nervous. He told her it was just a game, and that he didn't care about anyone there the way he cared about her. She wanted to believe him, she really did. She winced a little inwardly as he said it was harmless kissing, but reminded herself that Acacia and Analei hadn't seen him kiss anyone on the lips. He seemed to confirm that when he said he only wanted to do that with her. Her heart jumped. She wanted to do that as well, but wasn't sure how to get there. "I... I shouldn't be upset, I'm sorry." She said softly, though she really had been anxious about the whole thing. "It just made me think maybe you... you didn't want to be my boyfriend anymore, or anything, but you're right. It was just a game." She hesitantly placed her hand on one of his and looked at his face. "I only want to do those things with you too." She said softly, hoping that she could convince herself Derek meant what he had said. She didn't think he was lying, but she was just not very confident about herself. It was hard for her to imagine he didn't think one of the other girls in the game had been prettier and nicer than her. "Why did you want to go?" She asked him, unable to stop herself from asking the question.

Derek was surprised by how upset she seemed, he could tell that he had definitely done wrong by her, though to him it was still perfectly innocent. The boy nodded as she spoke making it evident to her that he was listening and taking on board what she was saying, though the fact she thought it would mean he wouldn’t want to be her boyfriend was a bit mad to him, of course he still wanted to be her boyfriend, but he refrained from interrupting, waiting till she was finished, ”Princess, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise it would upset you so much. I want to be your boyfriend, more than anything, I was wrong to go,” he kept his gaze apologetic, he’d clearly made a mistake, thought it would be harmless. ”I didn’t know it was just going to involve kissing, I thought it would be more like truth or dare, you know? Plus, Diana’s a friend,” the boy was being honestly, he had perhaps misunderstood a little and leaned into it just a little too. He dropped Diana’s name in too because he felt that might help him, there for a friend. ”There’s no one I would rather kiss than you, no one I would rather kiss on the lips than you,” he spoke, he knew they hadn’t yet properly kissed, only the light pecks and he didn’t want that moment to come now in the midst of this, their first almost fight. ”I’m really sorry Emilia, I promise you it won’t happen again,” the teen assured her, making sure that he’d said sorry enough time to really push the fact that he was sorry. Hoping that she could let this go and they could move on.

Emilia was starting to feel like she was making a big deal out of nothing, and making Derek feel bad for no reason. She was now more upset with herself than with him, and tried her best to look relieved and happy instead of stressed. She wanted to be a good girlfriend so badly, but had never felt like she was doing a good job. If she kept this up, he really would leave at some point. Emilia took a deep breath. "I'm not upset anymore, I'm sorry." She said, giving him a hesitant smile. "I... I believe you. I want to be your girlfriend too, and... if you didn't know it was a kissing game it's not a big deal." She had been upset, but mostly because she hadn't known why he had chosen to go. Hearing him say this made her feel relieved. She did feel a bit uneasy as he said Diana was a friend of his. She didn't know the girl well, but knew that Jacob didn't like her and she had seemed kind of mean at the surprise party for the twins. But she nodded, and then blushed as he said there was no one he would rather kiss than her. "It's okay, you don't have to say sorry again." She said quietly, really feeling more at ease. "I... I want to kiss you too." She admitted shyly.

Derek was pleased that she appeared to be letting it go, he knew that he had done wrong and he would want to work to make it up to her. Get her some flowers, some chocolates the kind of things that he could get on his exceedingly limited teen budget. He needed a job. That could be something he did over the winter break. It was likely to be something he had to do. He wanted to be able to shower her with gifts. She was his best girl, his only girl. She was amazing. He nodded, at what she said, ”I do, of course I do,” the boy assured her, ”I did something wrong, and I have to own that and be sorry for it,” Derek assured her, but listened as she wanted to kiss. ”Okay,” he wasn’t sure this was the time for it, but he leaned in and lightly kissed her on the lips. It was light and tentative. He kept it soft and be very briefly closed his eyes during the short kiss. He thought that because of her mistake with the spin the bottle that he should keep it light and easy and if she wanted more he could do it, but didn’t want their first real kisses to be too centred around the fact he’d done something wrong, but he did also want to make it up to her so he’d done nearly anything that she might ask of him. He leaned out a little from the kiss, ”We could go for a walk in the gardens, kiss some more there, a little privacy and all the flowers I could even give to you,” the boy offered, hoping she would want that, hoping that they could put all of the unpleasantness of his poor judgement behind him.

Now that Emilia had decided to let it go, she kind of wished they could stop talking about the whole thing. Every time Derek said sorry, she felt more and more guilty for even bringing it up. She blushed when he assured her he wanted to kiss her, and didn't know what to say to yet another apology. But then Derek simply said 'okay' to her wanting to kiss him, and started to lean in. Emilia's eyes widened as she felt his lips against hers, and she forgot everything they had been talking about for a moment. She remembered what Jacob had said about his first kiss being bad, but this wasn't bad at all. It wasn't world-shattering, but it was definitely pleasant. Emilia noticed Derek had closed his eyes, and she quickly did so too. The kiss was light, and only lasted a short while, but to Emilia it was definitely very special. She blinked when Derek pulled away, and listened wordlessly to his suggestion. Then she smiled shyly. "I would like that." She said softly. "I... I liked that, too." She added, wanting to make sure he knew she had enjoyed her first kiss. After a moment of hesitation, Emilia took his hand. "Let's go." She said softly, blushing. She worried in the back of her mind about seeming too eager, but then dismissed it. Derek wanted to kiss her, it had been his suggestion. So it wasn't bad to show that she wanted that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back