Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 17" Swishy Rosewood Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
Cassander was glad to be back at Hogwarts because he could have some time to himself away from his siblings and cousins again. A lot of them did attend Hogwarts as well but they were all separated into different houses and years, so he still got his space when he wanted it. He hadn't told any of them of the Ravenclaw girl he'd met mostly because he didn't want them to think he had a crush on her. Because he didn't. He just wanted to mess with her. And besides, he liked to work alone, not have others ruin his fun.

So far he hadn't seen her yet since he'd been back at school, which was a shame, but he wasn't desperate enough to go looking for her, yet. He knew the club fair was today but that wasn't really his thing, so he simply went into the great hall to make sure his name was signed up for the SDA as it had been last year and then get out of there. He didn't want to linger around because none of the other clubs interested him. He would probably sign up for the Wild Patch club if it wasn't so...girly. He didn't like all the flower crowns and fruit and whatever else they did during their pride events. He wished it was more about herbology like the name suggested, but he didn't care enough to say anything about it. The Slytherin weaved through the crowd surrounding the Brotherhood and Heta Omega tables, always the most populated as usual, and tried to make for the exit.

Kira had finally slipped away from Lauryn- they had signed up, she thought, and Kira was starting to feel too out of place to stay in this crowd much longer. She was used to serving crowds like this, not being in them. Especially not when she was dressed like this. She really shouldn't have let Lauryn talk her into coming down here.

Kira slipped through the crowd, in a hurry to leave, and had the door in her sights when out of nowhere someone stepped in her way. Surprised, she had no time to stop and she accidentally bumped right into them. She fell back, holding her nose. Smacking into someone's shoulder wasn't exactly what she had in mind.

She looked up, opening her mouth to apologize when she noticed who it was she had run into. She straightened, tucking her chocolate hair behind her ear. "Cassander!" She smiled. "How have you been?"

Cass was looking over his shoulder as he made to exit the hall and therefore hadn't seen someone in front of him and bumped into them. His first reaction was to be upset and he immediately opened his mouth to say something scathing but at the sound of his name he stepped back to see who it was and any annoyance he felt at being bumped into went away. "Kira!" he greeted with a pleased smirk on his face. "Are you okay?" he feigned concern as he noticed holding her nose after the impact, though since she was asking how he was he had a feeling the pain was secondary to seeing him, which he liked. "I've been well, as usual," he shrugged, though he was more interested in asking, "What brings you here dressed so nice?" looking at the dress she wore, which seemed a little fancier than he was used to seeing her in.

Kira took her hand from her nose quickly, tucking them both safely behind her back. A little blush colored her cheeks as he told her she looked nice. With a small smile, she tucked a bit of hair behind her ear. "Oh, um, my friend Lauryn wanted to join Heta Omega and she was convinced that we needed to get dressed up for it. I'm not really sure how she managed to talk me into it, honestly, but, um, I suppose it's good I came down today." She told him with a small smile. "What brings you to the club fair, Cassander?" She asked, looking up at him with with big ocean blue eyes.

Cassander raised an eyebrow in surprise when she explained why she looked so nice. "Heta Omega? Wow I never took you as the type," he chuckled. He wasn't sure if he was laughing because he was impressed or taking pity on her since she seemed too demure to join a sorority. But perhaps the dress did her a lot of favors. "Well you look very nice," he commented with a smirk. When she asked what he was doing at the fair, he said, "I was just making sure I was still signed up for the Student Defense Association," gesturing over his shoulder in the general direction of where the booth for that club was. "I heard you cheering for me when I dueled last year," he recalled with a smug look on his face; it was just a pity he hadn't won the tournament, but at least he had come very far.
<i></i>

Kira smiled shyly. "Oh, I only joined for Lauryn." She started to say something else when she caught something out of the corner of her eye. Quickly, she pushed Cassander back a bit and ducked just in time to avoid a toy quaffle. It bounced on the floor and she straightened, snapping her fingers at a group of first year boys to get their attention. "Oi!" She barked, her demeanor changing. The first years looked to her, surprised.

"Does this look like a Quidditch pitch? Take it outside!" The boys looked at each other and shuffled over to their ball, apologizing as they left the room. Kira may have been small, but she had been in customer service all her life and she could handle most situations. Not as well as her sister, perhaps, but still. She could be commanding if she had to be.

She turned back to Cassander with a nervous smile. "Sorry about that," she told him, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. "Anyway, um, I'm sure you'll win the dueling tournament this year. You were so strong last year, I can't imagine you having any trouble with it."

Cassander was about to make a comment about how she had only joined for her friend, but before he could do so, he was being pushed out of the way of something by Kira. He watched with amusement as she told off some first years and then chuckled once she focused her attention back on him. He laughed lightly and put his hands in his pockets as he said, "Look at you, suddenly you're no longer a first year and you think you run the place." His voice was teasing and his smile matched the playful tone he had, which only widened as she complimented him for the dueling. "Thanks, I'm sure I'll win too," he said smugly, hoping it would really be true. "Now that you're old enough, think you'll be dueling too, or can I expect you to cheer for me again?" he asked hopefully.
<i></i>

Kira blushed as Cassander teased her, smiling softly. "It's better than getting bludgeoned with a toy quaffle," she quipped lightly. It was occuring to her how good-looking Cassander was. Had he looked so cute last year? She couldn't recall, but it made her more nervous talking to him.

She glanced up at him from under thick lashes. "Oh, I'm not quick enough to duel myself. But, um, if you wouldn't mind I would love to come and watch you." She said shyly, feeling a bit more unsure and aware of the boy all at once. It was an odd feeling, though not entirely bad.

It actually reminded her a bit of when Calean Maxwell had dropped off her flower girl dress over the summer. When had she started noticing boys? The thought disturbed her a bit but she shook it off. Now was not the time to be thinking things like that

Cass scoffed a little as she claimed she wasn't quick enough to duel in the tournament. "Are you sure about that? I just saw how quick your reflexes were when that toy quaffle came towards us," he pointed out with a proud chuckle. "I'm sure you could find a way to join the tournament and still find time to cheer for me," he said with a smirk. "We'll be in different brackets so we won't be dueling at the same time. Who knows, maybe I can watch you duel too," he shrugged casually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back