OOC First Name
Kait
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12" Ash wand with tail of unicorn hair core
It was a bright sunny summer day outside and Kiera was stuck inside. Needless to say her mood was not in the best shape as she sat by a large glass window that over looked the lake. No doubt this was her favorite place to study. Kiera sighed as she looked out at the students soaking up the rays. Kiera looked down at her messed up knee, cursing herself once again. Why was it that her only mistake in four years had to be on national television? More than anything she wished to be down on the pitch.

Kiera brushed a honey brown curl out of her face as she looked back down at her Ancient Runes text. If she had to be confined to the indoors she might as well get a head start on classes right? At least that was what she was trying to convince herself. Kiera stuck her bottom lip out into a pout as concentrated on the book instead of her useless wish to heal her knee.

James stepped into the library for some studying time. Last Year James had been taught mostly by his Aunt Hermione and while she was a very good teacher it didn't stop the fact that he had missed an entire year of education. James grabbed a few DADA books as well as a Charms book, it was on his way to the table that he noticed someone from his house. James walked over and smiled at the pretty 6th Year that was reading some book. "Fancy running into you?" James said with a smile knowing that he should probably be studying but couldn't help pass up the chance to talk with Kiera again. James had enjoyed their conversation in the Gryffindor Commonroom and had been looking forward to seeing her again. "Would you mind if I joined you?" James asked politely.

Kiera looked up, startled by the voice that she now recongnized as James. She hadnt heard him approach her. Kiera smiled genuinely happy to see him. While she still wasnt sure she could trust him, she was willing for any distraction out of her foul mood. She nodded her head. "Of course you may." she said in a friendly voice. "Isnt it?" she murmured as a reponse to his first question. "I am surprised you are not out enjoying the weather like the rest of our student population seems to be." she said with a pretty little grin.

"If I can be blunt, I really don't enjoy crowds that much" James said as he took his seat "you'd think after seventeen years of being the center of a crowd I wouldn't complain" James said with a smile, knowing that he had tried to get use to the limelight and even enjoy it but fame wasn't everything. It was one of the good things about being back at school, no reporters and no crazy fans like 'Towel Girl'... James had grown out of that but unfortunately the rest of the world hadn't, especially after he left school and London to join the Canons. His name had been in the Prophet for several days and would appear every few weeks, Witch Weekly had even stated that he left to marry some famous witch he'd never even met before. James wanted to get over that for at least a year anyways "so what are you reading?" James asked with a smile.

Kiera was surprised when James said he didnt care for crowds. She never would have expected that after what she assumed life must be like with his famous family. She could help but laugh. James wasnt turning out to be a thing like she would have expected. "Seriously? I dislike crowds unless they are there to watch me compete. Though that kinda ruined things for me last time." she said with a weak smile as she pointed to her knee. She looked down at her book. "Oh its the text for Ancient Runes. Just getting some studying in ahead of schedule." Kiera said flashing him another grin.

"That sounds a bit interesting" James said even though he didn't take Ancient Runes, his aunt had tried to convince him to take the subject but in the end he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Some subjects you just knew were not your thing and Ancient Runes was definately one of them. James went back to the conversation about crowds "Yeah, I know the feeling" James said knowing the exhilaration he got when he played Quidditch in a large stadium filled to the brim with people. "What do you do?" James asked a bit curious as to what had happened to hurt her competiting. James enjoyed the people watching him to play but it was the other ones that seemed to get too him.

Kiera's eyes lit up just like they did whenever she talked about her gymnastics. She wasnt sure how well James was familar with muggle things. "Well I am a gymnist." A world class one at that, she added silently in her head. No need to brag or be conceited. "Do you know what gymnastics is?" she asked curiously. Kiera had loved the sport ever since she began her lessons at four years old. She had a naturally skill at it but that skill didnt keep her from getting hurt.

"Not really, no" James said with a bit of embarassement. Even though his Aunt was Muggleborn and his dad had lived with Muggles his family rarely had anything to do with the Muggleworld. "Are you Muggleborn?" James asked curiously then realising that it could seem offensive, some people were sensitive about this type of thing and might think that he was being a bigot. "I mean, is that why you know about this sort've thing. Perhaps you could explain it to me" James said with a smile wanting to know more about this Gymnest thing she was talking about. James had never heard of such a sport... he had heard of baskball and foccer but never Gymnest, muggles seemed to have weird sports in James's opinion which was probably why most wizarding families ignored them.

Kiera laughed at his question. She didnt find it offending in the least bit. "Well my father is a muggle and he raised me and my brother and sister. My mother is a pureblood but I never had anything to do with her until a few years ago. She abandoned my family to run back to the purebloods." she said a little bitterly. Kiera changed the topic back to her gymnastics. Her eyes took on the same pretty, excited glow. "Well gymnastics is an olympic sport that consists of floor, beam, uneven bars and vault routines." she took a peice of parchment and a quill. She roughly sketched out what the beam, bars, and vault looked like as she said their names. "Basically I do complicated flips and jumps on each of these as well as on the floor." she said in a rush. Kiera stopped realizing she might be talking too fast. She bit her lip. "Is this making any sense?" she asked.

"That's kinda how my dad was raised, he was a wizard but lived with his Aunt and Uncle who were muggles" James said as she drew on the peice of parchment. "So while your doing these flips are you going against other people?" James asked not quite sure how this could be a sport if all you do is jump around. James didn't want to say that since he was sure Kiera liked this alot "whats the Olympics?" James asked thinking that it may have been better to do Muggle Studies and learn about these sort of things rather than sitting here not knowing anything about the muggle world. He would ask his Aunt to send him a book about Muggles, he was sure she would be more than delighted to help and would probably write a book of her own just to ensure he got the proper knowledge.

Kiera smiled as he mentioned his dad. She really knew very little about the famous man, only that he had defeated the darkest wizard in history. She remember how embaressed she had been at the first DADA lesson when Harry Potter was mentioned and Kiera had to ask who he was. "Yes it is against other people. There is a panel of judges that score your routine based on skill, difficulity, style, and execution. Its a very difficult sport." she admitted. Kiera couldnt help it when her mouth dropped open at James' question of what the olympics were. She quickly and smoothly recovered. "The Olympics is a world wide competition of almost every different muggle sport There are winter and summer games aternating every two years. Its sort of like the Quidditch World Cup." she said trying to compare it to something similar he would recognize.

"Oh" James said feeling slightly embarassed at having not known what the Olympics were, "your lucky you get to live in the Muggleworld and see both sides" James said with a bit of a laugh. "What are you going to do after you graduate?" James asked with curiosity, James wondered what someone who had an attachment to both worlds would do when giving the chance to do one or the other. James loved the wizarding world himself and could never dream of living like a Muggle. Most witches and wizards would probably agree. His Aunt was Muggleborn and while she seemed to keep in contact with her parents; who were very nice people but bad at giftgiving (Always giving him floss and a toothbrush for Christmas); James had rarely seen them except for the very rare family get togethers in which they always seemed like outsiders than actual family.

Kiera sighed as he asked her the question of what she wanted to do after Hogwarts. That was a tough question. "Well I always have wanted to compete in the Olympics just once. I want a gold medal then I can quit." she said as she looked out the window. "I doubt that will be possible now. My dad is not likely to let me train again after this last injury." she turned her clear chocolate eyes back to his."I know its silly to be upset over a muggle sport but I have dreamed of it since I was four." she shook her head. "My other choice would be to play for a professional qudditch team. I love quidditch." she said breaking into a wide grin. Kiera loved how it felt to fly through the air at top speed. "Or maybe something as a spokeswoman on muggle relations." she said shrugging her shoulders. She wasnt too sure at this point.

"What injury?" James asked, he hadn't noticed anything wrong with her before "I'm sure there's a spell that could fix it" James said knowing that most natural injuries could easily be healed with the 'epesky' charm. James knew what it was like to want to do something, James had wanted to play Quidditch for years and when it came down to school and fulfilling his dream he chosed Quidditch. His dad and him ended up with a falling out afterwards along with his little brother. James however didn't regret it since he enjoyed playing for the Canons. "If you ever wanna get into Quidditch Professionally let me know, a good friend of mine plays for the Holyhead Harpies" James said with a smile "mind you, it's serious... not like school Quidditch" James said knowing just how difficult professional Quidditch could be.

Kiera pouted slightly as she pointed to her right knee. There was a large bulky brace on it. He must not have notice since she had already been sitting when he arrived. "The only problem is that I injured it on national television in an area full of people watching me. If it heals magically wont people be suspicious?" she asked. Her brother Cam had offered to fix it with a spell but Kiera had refused him, afraid she would expose the magical world somehow.

"Serious huh?" Kiera said laughing. "You obviously have not seen me play." she said with a sly grin. She knew she was being a little cocky but she had to be every once and a while right?

James pulled out his wand as he saw the brace "your not in the muggle world now, why not fix it" James said as he looked at her injury "It'll be a year before anyone from the muggle world notices and I'm sure they won't figure it out, my Aunt's always saying how surprised she always is at what most muggle simply choose to ignore" James explained. "You shouldn't put yourself in pain if magic can take it away, otherwise what's the point of learning this stuff?" James asked. "Besides after you get better we can go against each other in Quidditch and see just how good you are, I'm sure you can't play well with this injury" James explained.

Kiera listened as James spoke logically. She was surprised by how much she actually liked him and trusted his advice. It seemed she might have been wrong about his attitude towards girls. "Okay I see your point. I guess I could get it fixed and just stay here for christmas so that no one can photograph me walking around on this leg." she said thinking it through. She chewed on her lip as she considered her options. He was right after all, she couldnt play well with a torn muscle in her knee. "Okay you convinced me. Can you fix it?" she asked hoping he could. Kiera really didnt want to go to the hospital wing if she could help it.

"It's not a problem" James said as he looked at her knee, it was not a minor injury so the normal healing spell wouldn't be of much use here. His Aunt did teach him a variation of the healing spell that James was sure would work. James needed to focus to make it work, concentrate hard. He'd practiced it alot last year helping teamates that had been beated to a pulp by bludgers along with other dangers that came with playing Quidditch "okay, ready?" James asked as he pointed his wand at what was the center of the injury "Episkey Maximum!" James said as a white light shot from his wand and hit Kiera's knee "there may be a slight burning sensation but that's good, it means that your joints are healing" James explained to Kiera as he waited for any sign that the spell he'd used had worked or not, If it had then there should be no problems with Kiera's knee it would be as if she'd never been hurt.

Kiera gripped the edge of her chair as James prepared to do a spell to heal her. She nodded her head as a response to his first question. Kiera squeezed her eyes shut and crinkled her nose as she felt the burning sensation in her knee. It felt like fire for a few seconds, then it was over. Kiera let out a deep breath. She undid the straps on her brace and slid it off. She moved her knee back and forth. Everything seemed right in order. She beamed at him and before she knew what she was doing she threw herself at him in a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!!" she said overjoyed.
Then she realized she had her arms around his neck. Kiera immediately dropped them and blushed scarlett. "I am sorry about that. Sometimes I get alittle carried away." she said her face darkening even more.

James laughed a bit as Kiera hugged him "It's not a problem, you should thank my Aunt Hermione for teaching that smell to me" James said as Kiera sat back "You shouldn't try to strain yourself for the next few hours just in case the spell hasn't fully healed your injury, I'm sure it has though" James said as he looked at Kiera "we should go flying when you feel up to it" James said with a smile. He was glad he was able to help someone who needed it. He'd been known as either Harry Potter's son or the Quidditch Player that people often forgot that he had other talents. His Aunt Hermione hadn't though and neither had Ravyn, they were always trying to help James prove to himself that he was more than just a name or a jock.

Kiera was glad he hadnt taken an offense at her sudden outburst. She sat back down in her chair. Kiera nodded soberly to James. "Of course I shall do what the oh powerful healer tells me too." she said reverence. Kiera could barely contain her laughter as it burst forward. "Honestly, do thank your aunt for me. I needed that spell." she said cheerfully. Kiera hoped he found her humor amusing however her father always told her she wasnt as funny as she thought she was. Kiera wiggled in her chair. It was difficult for her to keep still now that she knew her knee had healed. She had faith in James and his ablility with magic. "I will be taking you up on that Qudditch offer." she warned him.

James smiled as he looked at her glad to be of help. James hadn't had a face to face coversation with someone in a while, at least not one that he enjoyed. "I'm glad that you let me be your knight in shining armor" James explained as he smiled at her. He liked looking at her especially her eyes. James placed a hand through Kiera's hair "you really are cute you know" James said with a smile as he leaned in and kissed Kiera on the lips. He probably should've asked but then again his body just seemed to act on impulse. Alot of what James did was on impulse something Ravyn had remarked wasn't a bad things 'girls liked to be surprised with romance' she had told him once. James just hoped he didn't surprise Kiera too much since she was a nice girl and James didn't want to hurt her, or get hurt by her.

Kiera smiled softly as he told her she was cute. She enjoyed his compliment but before she knew what was happening he kissed her! Kiera's heart rate accelerated as James placed his lips on hers. She was surprised but it was a very pleasant surprise. Kiera liked his warm lips on hers and she kissed him back. As she pulled back, she grinned. "Feel free to rescue me anytime." she said honestly looking straight back at him. She knew that there were many other girls who would die to kiss James Potter because of who he was. Kiera didnt care about any of that. She like him for how he treated her. It was nice to have a knight in shinning armour sometimes.

James smiled as he looked at her "So, your not going to go telling the Daily Prophet your having my love child or something are you?" James joked with a laugh. It was a joke but had happened once last year when a photo was taking of James with some girl he didn't even know dressed in nothing but a towel. James had been trying to get away but she had been trying to tear his clothes away which ended up looking quite odd on the front page. James had been furious with the Prophet for trying to make him sound like some wild child just because he didn't live with his parents. Luckilly those closest to James also knew that the prophet was garbage half the time and couldn't be trusted. James smiled staring at Kiera's cute face "so your mother's a pureblood?" James said trying to change the subject.

Kiera laughed. "Of course not. Never a love child." she said before wiping her face clean of emotions. "You know actually I was thinking I would tell them something more along the lines of the fact that we snuck off to London and had a secret wedding that only those family members closest to us attended." she said teasing him again. In truth, she would never tell the press anything about James, even if she did date him. Kiera smiled her prettiest smile as she looked back into James's face. "Yes she is a pureblood but not the nice kind. Her name is Jacqueline Burke." she said with slight distaste. She was not her mother's biggest fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back