Family Reunion

Morgase Prince

Morgase walked out into the living room from having laid Erik down for his nap. She sat down on the couch and picked up a book Montague had lying around, opening it and beginning to read.

With a quick pop, Montague apparated into the living room with a large stack of books in his hand and a paper bag in the other. "Hello sis," he greeted and paced the books down on the table, "Erik napping?" He was dressed rather nicely for one who owned an antique bookstore: a nice suit, complete with a gold pin in the silk tie, which he had loosened after setting the books down.

Morgase smiled as she looked up at Montague. "Yes, I just laid him down in fact. Did you have a good day?" Closing the book she set it back on the table and stood, walking over to help Montague with all of the things she was holding.

"It was an interesting day. An elderly muggle gentleman came in with an original Aztec tome," Montague explained, "I don't know how he got it and I don't desire to investigate, but he called it 'Mexican jibberish'," Montague smiled. "Other than that, it was same old same old. How was your day, sis?" He had taken off his jacket and was finishing a pizza he had ordered the previous night for his own midnight snack when translating an old copy of Marx.

Morgase returned to her seat on the couch, her smile having gone from her face. "Rather boring, and lonely. Mont, why do I miss Tristan? He is no good for me. Yet every time I look at Erik I see him, and I miss being with him." Morgase did not seem herself at all. She was not the evil Death Eater most had come to know, but instead the woman she was before she married Sammael. Sammael had always been a bad influence on Morgase, who had fallen for his bad boy charm.

Montague had never really been that good on relationship talks, being quite the bookish and introverted type, but he was always there for his big sister. "Were you happy with him?" Montague asked, hiding his disdain for the one who had treated his sister so badly.

"Well, I was, but not as of late. He is so secretive. Oh well, not that it matters. I doubt he would ever be able to find this place.

"So, got any food for your big sis?" Morgase smiled, trying to forget about Tristan for the time being.

An owl swooped into an open window and dropped a letter on Morgase's lap before quickly swooping out the window once more.
Mother,

I know it seems odd that I am writing you like this, but I could not stand it any longer.  I miss you terribly, and cannot bear the fact that you are not and have not been in my life for so long.  I wish to see you again, if it is possible, and perhaps catch up and reestablish our relationship.

Your son,
Shane Stark

Morgase was not surprised by the owl, immediately thinking it would be from Tristan. However, when she picked up the letter it was not in his handwriting. She nearly dropped it when she saw the signature at the bottom.

"Mont it's...it's from Shane." Her voice was hollow and confused, her eyes locked on the letter held out in her hand.

Montague coughed and almost choked on his cold pizza, "Shane?" It had been years since any had heard from the boy, more man though now, much less spoken of him. The mere topic would enrage Sammael and be uncomfortable for the others as a result.

"Yes, Shane," Morgase repeated and stood, walking the letter to Montague and handing it to him. "He wants to see me Mont." She still seemed ina state of shock, unable to believe her baby boy had written her. Although, he was surely not a baby boy anymore, as he had hardly been one when he left.

Montague stood agape, Shane wanted to see his mother. He was going to be in for a few surprises, they all were. Especially Sophia, if things went against Sammael's wishes. Taking the letter he looked down at it, "You can use my owl, if you wish to respond."

"Yes, please. And parchment, quill, and ink." Morgase sat down at the table, contemplating how to respond to Shane.

Montague pulled his wand out and flicked it three times. The three items his sister had requested flew down the stairs and settled onto the table, ready to be used. "There you are," he said, "I will be back with Capulet in a moment." He went upstairs to his bedroom window, which he kept open so that his owl could fly in and out as he pleased, and whistled. Minutes later his owl, Capulet, returned, gulping down a mouse. Montague held out his arm and Capulet settled on it serenely, and he returned to his sister downstairs.

Morgase grabbed the quill and paused for a moment before she began to write.
Shane,

I miss you terribly as well Son.  You will probably be thrilled to know that I am no longer with your father.  I was actually seeing your uncle Tristan, but have recently left him as well.  It is quite complicated.

I would love to see you again.  Where are you living?  Right now I am staying with your Uncle Montague, you remember his place right?  Just let me know when and where is best for you, I am mostly free these days.

It is so nice to have heard from you, and know that you are all right.  I have hated being away from you for all this time.

Love,
Your mother
<i></i>

Folding the letter Morgase handed it to Montague with a smile.

Montague took the letter and folded it up. Tying it to Capulet's leg, he told the owl, "Take this to Shane, and be quick about it, it is very important." He walked over to a window and opened it, and the owl flew out in a whoosh. Closing the window, Montague turned to his sister, "Would you like something to drink? Tea or a butterbeer, perhaps?"

"Tea please." Morgase could not believe it, she had just sent a letter to Shane. It was good thing she was not with Sammael, he would hate to know that she had communicated with him. What if he wants to meet Sophia? Morgase shook her head, not wanting to worry about to complications involved with talking with Shane and simply be happy that she was in fact talking with him.

Montague nodded and left for the kitchen to make tea. Shortly thereafter, he returned with two cups. As he sat at the table, he handed a cup to Morgase, "There we are. Capulet's a fast owl, and trustworthy. It shouldn't be too long before he returns with a response."

Well, depending on how far away he is." Morgase smiled at Montague. "Thank you Mont, this means a lot to me." She picked up one of the cups and began to sip her tea.

Erik was not content to sleep much these days, unsettled a bit by the missing presence of his father but not enough that it was detrimental to his optimistic and simple attitude. Deciding that he had had enough of a nap, he stood up in his crib, gripping the handlebars firmly, and stated loudly in his sweet voice, "Mama." He only had to say her name once, as it usually took her only a bit to get to him, and he was not altogether an impatient kid. For the most part, he was happy.

Hearing Erik's voice Morgase set her tea down and stood. "I will be right back Mont," she said with a smile and headed quickly to where she had laid Erik down. Walking in she picked Erik up into her arms with a smile.

"Not tired anymore Darling?" Morgase carried Erik back out to where she had been, setting him on the floor beside the table as she sat back down at the table.

Erik's grin broadened as he saw his mother, his teeth just beginning to come in. "No, Mama," he replied, "No naps."

He was content to sit next to her on the floor, looking around him and observing his new surroundings. Looking up at the man who was sitting in the same room, he stated, "Mont- mont-" he couldn't remember the rest of his name, nor could his abilities with language pronounce the name clearly. Instead of finishing, he smiled at him, and then was content to play with a book that had been left on the table, flipping its pages with a giggle.

Montague smiled at the boy, "Montague," he waved at him. "Uncle Montague." Looking up at Morgase, "I suppose he can play with that book," he said, referring to a copy of Wuthering Heights, "Never cared for it."

"Uncle Montygoo," Erik replied with a grin, being exceptionally reckless as he tore through the pages, flipping them quite fast, pretending like he was an adult and reading a book quickly. His blue eyes twinkled in delight, even though he was a little disappointed that there were no pictures.

He looked to the man, finally closing the book and pointing at the title. His eyes wide, he inquired sweetly of the man, "Whassat say?" He of course did not know how to read yet, though he always was clinging to a picture book of some sort.

The same owl as before swooped in and dropped a letter on the table in front of Morgase and quickly swooped back out.
Mother,

Normally I live in England, but am currently visiting New Zealand.  I am not sure why but something drew me here.  I would be happy to meet you here or there.  I can come to Uncle Montague's if you like.

I am actually sitting across from Tristan as I write this.  He asked about you and an Erik, who he says is your son.  Is this true mother?

How is Sophia?  Where did you send her to school?  I'm sure she's doing well wherever she is.

Name the time and place and I will be there.

Your son,
Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back