Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire yawned, nudging her food around her plate. She'd been up on and off throughout the night. She kept having weird dreams about hamsters for some reason. She wasn't expecting any company. Now that break was over everyone was back in school, so Sapph had resumed her usual seat alone at the end of the table. She got in and out of the Great Hall quicker that way. Onyx was usually busy bothering his majesty at the Gryffindor table and Kira was usually buried in a book. With as much as that girl read, Sapphire was surprised she didn't have better grades. She picked up her cup and took a swig of her hot cocoa. It had been getting a little chillier outside lately, and rainy. That worried her, but not enough for her to do anything drastic yet. She hardly heard the approaching stampede, or she would have run away immediately.

Onyx had a new goal this semester. Now that Sapphire had become better accustomed to his presence, it was time to bring in the others. He slipped into the great hall, smiling brightly. Now that his cousins were back from break, he could set his plan in motion. "Sapphy!" He slid in next to her, throwing an arm around her shoulder. "There you are! Did you sleep well?" He asked, snatching a piece of bacon from her plate and munching on it.

Amaya had been fairly distant throughout her time here at school. Not that she minded. There was really nothing of interest to her here. It was out of sheer boredom that she agreed to Onyx's idea of a family meal. Maybe she could find something interesting in their own circle. She took a seat across from the twins. "Onyx, don't be a barbarian." She reprimanded him with a sharp glance. Why must boys be so barbaric? "Hello, Sapphire." She turned to the other girl in their group with a warmer smile.

OOC: Feel free to jump in anytime now. :)

Jasper was bored with school. He felt like he was surrounded by idiots. He didn't particularly care for the idea of having lunch with his sister, but the twins would be there. He was always open to spending more time with Onyx. He hadn't decided on what he thought of Sapphire yet, so he supposed this was his chance to find out. He took a seat next to his sister. "Hello," He greeted after she did, looking between the twins. Even with Sapphire's blond hair, the resemblance was uncanny. He took an empty goblet in front of him. It filled with orange juice once he touched it, and he took a sip of it as he waited for his cousin to respond to the sudden presence of three more gemstones.

Abian hadn't made that many friends in his own house, so sometimes he felt like sitting at another house table. Today he was looking around to see if he saw anyone he could sit with today. He didn't spot Jacob at the Gryffindor table, and looked over at Slytherin to see if he saw Wililam anywhere. He approached the table, and his gaze fell on Amaya. He grinned, he hadn't talked to the girl in a while, but she had been fun to sit with in the past. "Hey Amaya." He said, waving to her as he approached. But as he looked around her, he noticed she seemed to be sitting in a group of people already. His smile grew a little awkward. "And hey other people. Uh, hi Jacob's friend." He said to the older boy, as he had seen him at the Halloween feast where he had hugged Jacob while they had been attacking the piñata. "Can I sit with you guys?" He asked after a beat. "Or am I interrupting something?"

Sapphire nearly jumped out of her skin when Onyx materialized next to her, stealing her bacon. "Bloody 'ell," she coughed a bit, having swallowed wrong when her brother startled her. She took a swig of her drink to try and help, nodding as Amaya and then Jasper. Another boy appeared then, one she didn't quite recognize. "Oh, uh, hello everyone. Sure," she replied to the boys question. "The more the merrier..." She added, feeling a touch uncomfortable with the sudden attention. Not enough to stop her, but still, it was there.

Onyx snickered at Sapph's reaction before taking a bite of bacon. "I'm not a barbarian," He told Amaya with a pout. "I'm a bar-bacion!" He joked, sticking out his bacon covered tongue at her. He swallowed as a vaguely familiar boy walked up. "Mm, Onyx," He stuck his hand out as he introduced himself. "This is Sapphire and that's Jasper." He introduced everyone else while he had the boys attention. Might as well, right?

Amaya smiled a bit as Sapphire jumped. If there was one thing Onyx wasn't, it was subtle. She rolled her eyes at his idiotic play of words. "You're a moron-ian, maybe," she amended, tossing a grape at him. Who ate grapes for breakfast? A familiar voice spoke her name then. She glanced up. Sapphire welcomed him and Onyx introduced everyone. "You are interrupting, but considering how rude Onyx can be I'll forgive it. Sit Abian." She told him more than invited him, indicating the space next to her. "The twins are my cousins and this is my younger brother." She told him with a small smile.

Jasper watched the interactions around him with vague interest. Sapphire was easily startled, it seemed, and Onyx and Amaya were both still wittier than him. He thought he recognized the other boy that approached, but he wasn't sure. He remained silent, gathering his breakfast as the others interacted around him. He was still deciding how active he wanted to be in this conversation.

Abian looked at the blond girl who said more the merrier, though she didn't sound entirely convinced of that herself. He noticed she looked a lot like Jacob's friend, who introduced himself as Onyx. Abian smiled at him and shook his hand. "I'm Abian." He said, looking around at everyone as Onyx introduced them. "Uh, thanks for letting me join." He said, suddenly feeling a little shy. Amaya said he was interrupting, but as the others were pretty welcoming he thought she was probably joking. He sat down next to her, giving her a smile. She told him they were all related to her, and he finally understood why they were all sitting together. "Oh, it's nice to meet you all." He said, looking around. "It must be nice to have family at Hogwarts." He said to Amaya, then added an extra smile to her little brother. "My sister is coming to Hogwarts next year." He said, looking back at Amaya. "I think, at least. I hope she's magical like me."

Sapphire waved Abian off as he thanked them for letting him join. She didn't mind. She shrugged when he said it was nice. It was, kinda, but it also wasn't. "It can be annoying," She told him honestly. "But at least you have someone to sit with if all else fails." She took a bite of her food before pointedly removing Onyx's arm from around her shoulders.

Onyx tucked the name away for future reference. If Abian was a friend of Jake's, he had to be cool. Apparently, he had met Amaya already, but he wasn't surprised. Amaya had to know somebody, right? He pouted visibly as Sapph removed his arm. "Aw, come on Sapphy, let me love youuuu," He whined, laying his head on her shoulder and sticking his lower lip out.

Amaya offered Abian a smile. They hadn't interacted much before, but he seemed like he wasn't annoying, at least. She rolled her eyes as Onyx pouted against his sister. "Is he always that clingy?" She asked Sapphire before turning her attention back to Abian. "Well, if you have one magical parent, it's more than likely that she will be. In Muggleborn families, it's more common for only one child to be magical." She explained. She pulled a plate in front of her and began to fill it with food as she talked. "How was your break, Abian?" She asked. It was sort of an attempt to be friendly, but also a question out of curiosity. Now that he'd brought up his family she found she wanted to know more.

Jasper ignored the boy who smiled at him. He was hardly invested in the family lunch. Some new person was hardly going to make a difference. He watched his cousins interacting. That was interesting enough. Sapphire seemed to have the family wit as well, which annoyed him. He had much more difficulty with the candor that seemed to come easily to the others. He wasn't exactly the witty one. He took another bite of his food. Maybe today might be interesting. There seemed to be the possibility.

The older girl said it could be annoying to have family at school, and Abian supposed it could be. He watched as she removed her brother's arm from her shoulders, and wondered why the boy had done it if she didn't like that. His sister Aisa wasn't a very physical person either, and Abian usually remembered to respect that. unless he got overly excited He turned to Amaya as she spoke to him, but felt his stomach drop as she told him that it was more common in muggleborn families to have only one magical child. Was that true? Abian had always sort of assumed Aisa was like him, but had he been kidding himself? Weird things had happened around them both as they grew up, but maybe that didn't mean everything. Or maybe it had just been him making it happen? For the first time he started worrying that his sister might not join him at Hogwarts in a year, and his expression showed his dismay. "I'm muggleborn. Is that really true?" He asked her, nervously glancing at the others. "I... think my sister is magical too. That's still possible, right?" He really hoped so. He already hated being separated from his sister, and the idea of having to endure that for the remainder of his years at Hogwarts wasn't something he liked. He swallowed, then tried to conjure a smile back on his face. "My break was nice... I missed my mum and sister." He said honestly. "And internet." He added a little wistfully. "How was yours?" He then glanced at the others. "And uh, everyone's?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back