OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
One thing that Angel wouldn't have expected himself to admit about teaching was that Hogwarts was never boring. There was a routine to it, of course, but there was always something that was keeping Angel on his toes right when he was about to get complacint again. The new year had just started, and Angel was picking his way along the staff table, wondering if Josephine had already eaten when he had to pause and take a few steps back.

The new Arithmancy professor had looked awfully familiar, and now, seeing her at breakfast, Angel had to doubletake. "Wait. Quinn Mercury. I remember you," He said, finally dropping in the seat next to her. "Yeah, yeah, I do remember you. A few years younger, but you were at Ilvermorny, right?" He said, grinning as he finally placed her. Angel usually wasn't keen to run into too many people from his past, but an old school mate seemed like harmless fun.

It had been a couple of days since Quinn had been at Hogwarts, and she had liked her experience here so far. The students she had taught so far had seemed like nice kids, and she was excited to meet some more of her students. She had also met a few other professors who also were working at Hogwarts, and they had seemed like nice people also.

Quinn had been eating her breakfast before her next few classes when she had heard a voice. She looked up from her meal and had noticed a professor, about her age. "Yep, that's me. I indeed go to Ilvermorny." Quinn says with a small giggle. He was familiar, but Quinn couldn't really put her finger on it for a bit. She squinted a little, hoping that would help her figure out the name of the person until the gears in her head a finally figured out who it was. "Angel Castillo, right? Weren't you that one guy that didn't really care about his studies? Or am I mistaking you for someone else?"

Angel swore he could almost see the gears turning as Quinn tried to place him, keeping still for a moment as if it would help until she finally worked it. "Ah, my reputation precedes me," He said with a laugh when she brought up his rather lackluster study habits from the past. Angel did spare a moment to check around the staff table before relaxing back into his chair. "Who'd a thought we'd manage to both end up here, huh," He said breezily, searching his mind to see if he could remember anything about Quinn. He'd not paid much attention to the younger students, especially ones that weren't in his house, but he didn't want to admit as much. "What brings you all the way to New Zealand then? Felt too weird to teach at the alma mater?"

Quinn giggles along with Angel for a little bit, when he mentions about his reputation. Quinn hadn't really been known for anything during her time at school, which she didn't mind at all. Quinn nods with a little sigh, as she agreed with Angel about how they managed to end up being in Hogwarts. It still had even been a surprise to Quinn that she managed to get a job here at Hogwarts. "Oh, well, my mom was born and raised in New Zealand when she was younger, so I thought to see and experience what it was like in New Zealand," Quinn says with a small giggle. "How about you? What brings you to New Zealand?"

Angel nodded along as Quinn mentioned her family. It was always interesting to him sometimes how small the magical community could be at times, even internationally. It also made him very, very nervous other times. "Nothing like teaching to really get yourself out there and not stuck in a castle for months on end. I'm kidding though. You settling in well?" He asked. "Me? I just needed a break. Had some family recommend it for a bit of quiet compared to the states and I thinkI got a little attached," He said trailing off and glancing over his shoulder at the word 'attached', checking again to see if Josephine was around. Angel really hadn't entirely meant to get so entrenched here at the school, but as he'd realized, New Zealand was full of surprises.

Quinn laughs a little. "Oh, yeah, I think so. The students here seem nice" Quinn says with a small smile. She hadn't gone through any troublesome students at the moment, she hoped that maybe it was like beginners luck or something. "Any students I should be looking out for?" Quinn questions jokingly. She was sure that the students here weren't as troublesome. "Breaks are nice. Are you alright? You seem like you're looking for someone" Quinn says with a little laugh, as she noticed that the slightly older man was looking about around the table.

Angel made a show of thinking hard when Quinn asked about problem students. "I think you should probably keep an eye on the Gryffindors, just as a rule of thumb," He said, glancing surreptitiously over at the Gryffindor table and then Cyndi in turn. "Honestly, they're all shockingly well behaved, at least in class. I think the threat of losing a few fingers to a hungry plants helps keeps things calm though. I can lend you one if you want" He said with a grin. Angel was honestly relieved his students were fairly responsible, he already had his hands full trying to keep his own limbs in tact around the greenhouses as is. "Oh sorry, sorry I'm being rude. I was just keeping an eye out for my- My uh- Josephine. The school nurse. Lovely woman," He said, clearing his throat. Angel and Josephine weren't exactly being subtle about being in a relationship, but if Angel was being honest he wasn't sure if it was strictly kosher for them to be public about it while working together. And even without that, calling her his girlfriend somehow felt off, considering he was nearly 40. A frightening thought.

Quinn laughs a little when Angel tells her to keep an eye out on the Gryffindors. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind," Quinn says with a smile and nod, as she points to her temple. From what she could tell with her classes, her students seemed to be good kids, no troubles yet. But she did in fact miss her students back at the muggle school she used to teach. "Oh, no you're fine," Quinn says with a small smile and laugh as she waves her hand dismissively. "Ooo, is she your, what would teens call it nowadays, lover or significant other?" Quinn teases with a little laugh as she wiggles her eyebrows, to add a little more teasing.

[sorry this took a million years]

Angel nodded, trying to focus on the enjoyment of being able to impart some wisdom with a coworker and not how weird it was to realize he was no longer one of "the new guys" here. "Just saying, offer for the man-eating plant's always on the table. We've got plenty out there."

Angel tried not to look too sheepish as Quinn waved off his apology. He had no idea how to describe Josephine to other people, let alone a coworker. He supposed meeting Josephine's sister he had been The Boyfriend, and that certainly sat better for them than the alternatives Quinn was offering. "Nothing so serious," He said breezily. "I'd say girlfriend more simply if I didn't spend half my day privy to teenager's own dating drama. Waters things down some," He added with a shrug. "What about you? Running away from any great American loves?" Angel asked, eager to shift the subject off himself for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back