Familiar Art

Candice grinned at the thought that the only family member she remembered properly was like her, hobby wise. "You draw?" She smiled before yawning and stretching. As she did so her top slid up slightly, revealing one of her three tatoos.

Candice quickly pulled it back down, feeling a breeze on her belly. She grinned at the boy, her brother, he was eight years younger than him but she could see the resmblance. They had the same sort of face shape and almost the same shade of eyes. There was just a small feeling nagging at her that he wasn't the only person from her family, maybe there was someone she had forgotten.

"Yeah," replied Sam with a grin back at her. "Well not really. I sketch sometimes and they end up looking a lot like yours do, but I do a lot more calligraphy." he thought about it for a second and added some more. "I also swim a lot, eat too much cake and I guess I'm pretty good at potions." He was being modest, of course. Sam was a mini potions master who could brew almost anything you asked for, including things that you didn't.

Once again he was distracted by something about Candice. This time it was her three tattoos that she briefly revealed when stretching. Sam was intrigued- he hadn't gotten much of a glimpse of them and was interested to know what they were. But of course, he was too shy to ask. He broke out of his reverie and looked at her curiously.

"You look puzzled,"
he said to her, indicating her troubled face.

Candice smiled again at the thought of them drawing the same things. "I'll have to see them at some point." She grinned as she saw his eyes look towards one of her tattoo's, the one on her hip. The other two were on her sleft shoulder and her back. "You can ask if you like." She winked at him for his shyness and giggled.

Her face consorted to a frown again. "I'm just wondering if I've forgotten anyone, I mean, you're the only person I really remember in my, our, family. What if there's some other brother or sister put there?" She had always wondered a little but never got worked up, back then she was doubtful if she would ever meet anyone from her family.

Sam frowned at her question, pondering the same thing. "We are many years apart," he observed. "So it would be more likely that there was someone in between us. But..." he said with a sigh, trying not to be pessimistic. "The chances of us finding each other were a million to one in the first place. We don't even know what age group we're looking at in a sibling." Although the thought was disheartening, he liked the sound of 'we'. Sam suddenly had a great longing to meet her family. Maybe they would become like his family, also.

He was still interested in her tattoo's of course. "Do you mind if I see one?" asked Sam as he indicated the area where the tattoo he had glimpsed was located. "They look well done,"

Candice nodded at hisobservation, that was what she had thought about. She just didn't like not remembering anything.

The red-head grinned again when he asked about her tat's. "Which would you like to see? I have one on my hip, one on my upper back and one on my shoulder." She grinned at the memories of getting each done. The wings on her upper back she had goten done proffesionally like her shoulder one. However, her most recent one, the hip, had been a birthday present from her eldest adoptive brother who had done it personally.

"Yeah!" replied Sam. He'd never seen that many tattoos on people before (by which he meant amount of people, not amount of tattoos). He hadn't met a lot of people like that yet. Perhaps he'd get on himself when he was older, but would would he get one of? He'd probably end up choosing something very standard and there wouldn't be much point to it at all.

"I'd like to see them. What are they of?" he asked, curious. Anything to know more about his new sister.

(( Sorry, lame post xD ))

Candice grinned at his enthusiasm to know about her, even her body art excited him. "Well, This is my first one." She pulled down the sleave of her top to expose her shoulder tattoo. "Then I got this one." She managed to pull her top up at the back, showing him her wings, before turning slightly so he could also see her latest and simplist one. "And that one I got for my twentyeth birthday present." Candice's birthday present had included the tattoo, her own 'ink set' and him teaching her how to do them herself.

Sam was filled with twelve year old wonder. His big sister was cool. "Awesome!" he said, poking the wings on her back. "When do you think I could get one?" Because now he absolute had to, no matter what. He would be crushed to discover that he couldn't get one until he was sixteen.

"I don't know what I'd get if I did get one, though." said Sam thoughtfully. As a little kid, the most awesome thing that he could think of was getting twin wing tattoos just like his sister. He'd rethink that when he was older. "Wow. I wish Aunt Lola would let me get one. I have to get at least one piercing before I leave school." Probably a few earrings and maybe a lip stud. Maybe that would improve his baby face. A thought occurred to him, and he smiled. "Can I draw them?"

Candice grinned as his face lit up with delight. "Sorry mate, no ink till you're sixteen." She felt a little sorry for the guy, he was her brother after all and if he wanted something it was her duty, as older sister, to spoil him. "However," She grinned, after pausing to think about it. "I can get you a piercing whenever you like." Anyone that could do tattoo's could do piercings too.

Candice paused. "Draw what?" She was unsure if he meant a drawing of her tattoo's or the ones he would like to get.

"Sixteen!" repeated Sam, gaping. "But..." That wasn't fair. Eventually he sighed and look down at the park bench.

'However,'
Sam looked up with his eyes sparkling in hope.
'I can get you a piercing whenever you like.'
He beamed, wanting to hug his new sister again. "Aw Candice, thanks so much!" Why was he acting like a little brother all of a sudden? Supposedly they barely knew each other, but he felt closer to her more swiftly than as with anyone else. He loved his sister immediately.

She asked him what he wanted to draw and Sam grinned. "One of your tattoos. They're really cool."

Candcie laughed at his reaction. "It's my pleasure. Seriously, during the holidays I'll come see you and we'll talking piercings okay?" She grinned, Candice loved getting out her piercing kit. She would, of course, do his piercing herself but when it came to tattoo's he'd have to get it done proffesionally. She trusted herself with it but she wasn't that good yet.

Candice laughed and nodded. "Sure you can Sammy, which one do you want to draw?"

Sam beamed in delight. Damn, I'm going to go back with pierced ears and a tongue ring... Sephora won't know what hit her! Candice was turning out to be an awesome big sister. "I'd like to draw your wings, if I can borrow your sketchpad," he said eagerly.

(( Sorry that it is so small, I haven't got much time left on library internet. My internet doesn't work at home so I'll be back November 1st. In the meantime I'm going to the library 2-3 times a week to post. ))

Soon his cheeks were rosy with that ever present grin. How things had progressed so quickly both astounded and delighted the boy. Somehow it seemed that sketching a small piece of his sister was like ingraining some part of her in his heart. With soft, even lines he began to draw. His force was so light on the paper but he had mapped the outline of it perfectly. It was quite a small sketch but well detailed. In the end he came to the part where he needed to shade. Sam hadn't been taught this, so it was a bit rough around the edges and a little smudged. Even so, he was proud of his work as much as a twelve year old boy could possibly be.

"Here," he said, passing the sketchpad back to Candice proudly.

Candice took her sketchbook back and smiled at the drawing. "This is amazing." She looked over the drawing again, now looking for impurities, anything he can improve. "You're outlining is almost perfect but you have a bit of practice neded on your shading. It's a bit rough and smudged but I can help you with that." She girnned in a sisterly manner.

Sorry that Sam can't reply anymore, mate. How annoying is that? Since it's about three pages long we might as well stop here seeing as I can't post anymore.

-insert air punch of triumph from Sam and lots of hugs, exchanging of phone numbers, etc. Woot!-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back