Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Eternally Smitten
Wand
Cedar Wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 13 1/2 inches
Onyx was having a terrible time. He was miserable, lonely. He didn't know what to do. Eventually he left his bed and wondered down to the arts room. He needed to vent somehow. Thankfully, the room was empty. If he passed Chrysander on the way he didn't see. Of course, Onyx kept his head down so he didn't see anyone. He took a seat on the drum set, twirling the sticks a moment before launching into what was on his mind.

An empty room,

I'm empty too

And everything reminds me of you

So many things

I shouldn't have missed

The more that I push

And the more you resist

It's easy to say it's for the best

When you wanted more

While you leave me with less

I know you're fine, but what do I do?

I'm awake, and trying

While you're sleeping like a babe beside him

I'm on the ledge while you're so

God damn polite and composed

And I know you see me,

And you're making it look so easy

What comes and goes,

I'd go without

I know you're fine but what about (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout

Through the fall

(Fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout (fallout)

You're the fallout

Well now there's him,

And now there's me

The secrets you give

And the secrets you keep

And nevertheless

It's never you let

The more that I give

And the less that I get

Don't tell me to fight,

To fight for you

After this long, I shouldn't have to

I'm awake, and trying

And I know you see me,

And you're making it look so easy

What comes and goes,

I'd go without

I know you're fine but what about (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout

Through the fall

Through the fall

You're the fallout

Through the fall

I know you're fine but what about (fallout)

I'm awake, and trying

(Fallout)

(Fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout

Through the fall

(Fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout (fallout), fallout

Through the fall

(Fallout) fallout (fallout) fallout

The last few months had in all honesty just been boring for the Hufflepuff. She wasn't like her brother, things just didn't happen to her. She worked on her music and she worked on her classes and that was it, another day over and done with. Sometimes she'd listen to a conversation she wasn't really privy to, watch scenes from the sidelines although most people didn't even know she was there. The fourth year was passing the arts room when she heard the rhythm, almost coming through the floor before she could hear it. It was ridiculous, she knew that, but she eventually drifted in the direction it was coming from to spot an older student sat at the drum kit, playing his heart out as though no one was listening. She moved her way into the room slowly as to not disturb him, looking over to try and see what he was all about. She liked to do that, witness from the side. It wasn't like many people paid her enough attention to know who she was anyway by the time they did lay eyes on her. As the boy came to the end of the song, she would have given her position away with nothing more than a heavy breath she was so close. "Sounds like you have a lot on your mind," she stated, her voice purposely loud and sharp and clear.

Onyx nearly jumped out of his skin when a voice spoke near him, jerking and toppling over the drums as he tried to both turn to face his unannounced visitor and get away at the same time. There was a loud clatter and a thud as he hit the floor. He straightened, rubbing the back of his head and wincing. "Owww," he whined, looking up at the girl. "I didn't hear you come in," he pouted.

Isla sniggered when the student fell forward into the drums at her sudden arrival. She watched as he tried to see who she was, although she was reasonably sure she was just a stranger in this places. She rolled her eyes when he winced, but put out a hand to help him back up from the mess he'd now wedged himself into. "You sound shocked." she began, raising her eyebrows, "Anyone would think drums were quiet," she whispered the last few words with a grin on her face.

Onyx sniffled, wiping his sleeve over his face before taking her hand and standing. He smiled weakly at her joke. "Heh, yeah..." He rubbed his arm. "Was I bothering you? I'm sorry... I'm Onyx. Onyx Michaels. You probably know my sister. Everyone seems to." He murmured.

Isla helped yank him back to standing as much as a fourth year could, and watched as he wiped at his face. "You're crying." it wasn't a question, just a statement. And the smile from her face still hadn't left. "No more than I'm bothering you." Isla could never be disturbed by music, and sat down where Onyx had been a few moments before, picking up the things in front of her. No instruments should have been battered in the way his ass just treated these things. "No.." her voice trailed off, only half concentrating to what he was saying. Michaels wasn't a name she recognised though and her voice was much too distracted to worry about whether or not she knew some other girl in the school. "What were you playing?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder with curiosity. Apparently her smile wasn't dropping from her face any time soon.

Onyx shrugged as the girl said he was crying. "Probably," he murmured. He moved to sit at the edge of the set, looking at her. "Do you play?" He asked softly. In response to her question he shrugged again. "A muggle song. It fit a lot of my emotions right now," he shrugged. "I broke up with my boyfriend when I found out he'd been cheating on me since last year." He shrugged.

Isla shook her head, "No, not drums," how hard could it really be? She took a stick thing in each hand, thinking that everything looked more or less in the same place as it had before Onyx had sat on it. He had yet more relationship drama which seemed to be the setting for most students problems at the moment, although, that did make for some of the best songs. "Alright then," she took his explanation in mind and considered something in her head for a moment. After a moment, the fourth year began to tap out a very simple rhythm with one hand, nodding her head in time with it. Every now and then she would use the second stick thing to add in another beat here and there. Gradually, Isla starting to sing along to the beat she'd managed to get under control, "So I heard you found somebody else. And at first I thought it was a lie. I took all my things that make sounds. The rest I can do without" as she was singing the words she glanced back over to Onyx, still nodding her head in time to the song.

Onyx watched the girl for a bit, realizing as she began to play he knew the song. He smiled, summoning over a guitar. He wasn't as good on this yet, but he wanted to try. He waited a moment to join in before starting to strum along a simple tune, singing softly with her. "I start to believe in anything you're saying, I'm reminded that I should be getting over it,"

Despite what they were actually singing about, Isla thought it was quite peaceful between them. Of course the Hufflepuff had no idea what it was like to fall in love with someone since she was lucky if she ever even got a friend let alone a partner, although if Elio's experiences were anything to go by the it did not sound like fun. At the end of the song she turned to Onyx, glad they'd managed to get to the end of it with minimal hiccups. "I'm Isla, by the way." she said, making a note not to even mention her prefect brother. Onyx may have spoken about his sister a lot, but Isla didn't want to be known for Elio.

Onyx smiled as they reached the end of the song, feeling oddly better. "Hi Isla," He greeted softly. "We sounded pretty good together." He complimented her. "I thought you didn't play drums?" He questioned, unthinkingly putting his chin on her knee. "You're pretty good. What else do you play?" He asked, suddenly very curious about the girl in front of him.

"Yeah, not bad," she agreed, putting down the stick things and turning to look at him properly, playing with her hair a little. "I don't, but I like to think I know a bit of rhythm," she shrugged, watching Onyx get comfortable. No one had paid her much attention really, not properly like this, and for the first time she felt like someone was actually asking because they wanted to rather than because they had nothing better to do. "I don't, play anything. I sing." she clarified, tucking some hair behind her ears. Instruments were not her forte at all. She and Elio had grown up around it all really, "my parents, they have quite a collection and love for music so I've just sort of, being singing all my life." Onyx didn't need to know the details really, it wasn't important. "What about you? Is drums and the guitar the only thing you're good at?" she asked.

Onyx grinned. "You do, for not playing much you had a nice rhythm." He complimented. He shrugged at her question. "I can sing, but I don't like being center stage. Drums are more fun." He told her truthfully. "What kind of music do you like?" He questioned, surprised how curious he was about her when she just barged in on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back