Faded

OOC First Name
<3
Wand
Teak Wand 12 1/2 inches with Merfolk Hair core, thick
Camilia Cavanuagh was good at concealing her emotions. She knew how to control them. In her line of work, it was hard enough being a woman. Her husband made it harder to get up in the morning. All of his lies and all of the rumors, well, they were no longer rumors, hurt her dearly. Camilia just did not want Kyle to take after his father. She could not say that she regretted marrying the man. She would not have her beloved son if she had not married the man. Her hugest regret was letting him talk her father into giving him the company. Rightfully, it was her place. She thought of it as if Patrick was keeping her seat warm, while she prepared things her husband couldn't even fathom. The woman chuckled in her seat. She was working. There was a lot to be done. She handled most of the ridiculous stuff before they got up to Patrick, however, her husband was chasing after an average dream. One could have all the power they desired, but they would not be satisfied. Camilia saw the top as a long, easy way to downfall. Sometimes, she sent things through so that she could make his day worst. It was all she could do about his infidelity, for now. She tossed some papers to an employee. "Try again. I happen to really like you working here." she smiled and gave a wink. If that had gotten up to her husband. The young boy was done. Camilia did not want him to go searching for another job again. She had never done so herself, but she knew how difficult it could be. The man rushed out of the room taking heed to Camilia's advice. Everyone knew that she was the true ruler of this kingdom.

Patrick Cavanaugh was almost entirely shattered. He knew for a fact that his wife sent most of the papers back to be redone but every so often, there was one or two that actually got through and it honestly made his question the intelligence and drive of most of his employees. His, regardless of what everyone else thought, or tried to make him say. Camilia was nice to look at and had a good head for numbers and also originally owned the company. But he had been the CEO for many years now and business was booming. No one could deny that. Despite his harsh treatment of the employees, which really needed to be upped in his opinion, they kept coming back and it was often with much better work. Those who constantly brought him crap were eventually fired and the ones who actually could do good work got to keep their jobs. The Wizarding World should thank him, he was singlehandedly keeping the youth of England employed. Shaking his head as he closed the folders had laid open on his desk, Patrick rubbed his eyes. He was tired and he wanted, needed something to take his mind off of the inadequate nature his employees liked to front him.

Deciding that visiting his wife, if only to tell her off for allowing that crap through, Patrick made his way out of his own office and down the hall to the more open and friendly atmosphere his wife seemed to enjoy. Considering this was a magical business, there were quite a few muggle items around that probably would have made a pureblood shudder, but it was not only the magical folk that Patrick dealt with. His business went further then that into the muggle world, though for them he was not a broomstick manufacturer but more a man of the arts. At least that was what they thought. He'd had the odd muggle or too in his office for that very reason and the lack of muggle decor would have been strange for them. Moving pictures? No thanks. He'd rather not have a picture of Camilia's grandfather spying on his office dealings. That would be weird. Not that Patrick didn't mind an audience. He would just prefer it be a live one. Patrick didn't bother to even knock on the door, he just walked right in and looked at Camilia. "I want to speak with you." He didn't wait for a response, he just walked right back out again and back to his office.

Camilia had gotten back to doing some calculations. She was not only good at numbers, but she was better with people than her husband was. She had a wonderful smile that would make even a burglar feel welcome her presence. She did not discriminate greatness. Lord Voldemort had taken many lives, but who else had been able to do such a thing? Hence, he was now written in history as one of the strongest dark wizards. It took ambition and confidence to be known by so many people. When Patrick entered her office, the woman could not hold back a sigh. What was going on now? Camila stood up, and she followed her husband to his her office. She considered it hers. It was rightfully hers, but this was not a time to get into that. She needed to attend to whatever crazy thoughts her husband was having.

Camilia walked into the office, and she took a seat in front of his desk. She crossed her legs, and she continued to wonder what Patrick wanted. She looked around the office. She felt that it was so plain. It was boring to her. Her office was colorful, and it had signs that she had a life. The only thing that was abnormal about her office was it's neatness. She was a clean freak. Patrick rarely let her into his office due to that. She would rearrange things until she felt it was perfect. It had been difficult to just bring potted flowers into their home. The maids had said it would make the home more "down-to-Earth". Well, Earth was dirty, and she disliked that. "Is something wrong, Patrick? There is work that must get done, and someone has to do it." she stated irritably. Her day was nearly over. She needed to finish things. Patrick was not on her list of important things to deal with. He hardly ever was anymore.

Patrick eyed his wife from head to foot. She had been different lately. Something was up, she had changed and Patrick wanted to know why. It was eating away at him. Was she seeing someone else? Just because he was inviting random women to bed, that did not mean that she had any right to do so. In fact, she was not allowed too. For many reasons. He watched as she moved around and sat in front of his desk, crossing her legs as she did so. She was his wife, he could look at her if he so wanted. Moving to sit on the corner of his desk, Patrick eyed her suspiciously for a moment, keeping his eyes focused on her face for a while before travelling along her body. They had not been together in rather a long time. He did not know how she managed it, but he was often away with the secretary, with any other woman, with Adrian, with a barmaid. It matter little to him who it was, as long as they were willing and of age, he had no preference. Other then their looks of course. But that was a given. Camilia had looks, so he often wondered why he strayed, yet he always returned to her, so perhaps she was not as powerless as he liked to make her out to be.

Patrick crossed his arms and stared at his wife again. "Don't play games with me, Woman." He told her, not quite glaring but getting close to doing so. "I know very well there is work that must be done and I definitely know who must be doing it," he started, grinding his teeth slightly. "You are doing the work, whether you should or not and even still you allow this crap, through my door and onto my desk." He told her, his voice low enough that his employees would not hear, because he saw no need to use a silencing charm for this, but still loud enough that Camilia would not need to strain her ears to hear him. "I have no time to sift through the garbage to find the treasure. This is your job. It's up to you to ensure that I am not wasting my time." She was apparently not doing a very good job at all. Because he still ended up with second rate brooms on his desk. Some worse then that. He supposed she couldn't possibly filter it all, and he couldn't fire her, but he was going to damn well, bloody try.

Camilia stared at her husband in disbelief. This man was ridiculous. She had to strongly resist the urge to slap him across the face, kick him onto the ground, and choke him. She did not have a pleasant glint in her eyes. She looked cold and and irritated. She, in fact, was very much so agitated. She had never felt this much animosity towards Patrick before. Even when she had found out he was cheating on her, she did not feel anything but damaged. All of her good deeds had gone unaccounted for, and God was letting her suffer like this. Patrick's major flaw was how he underestimated people, but then again, it was a strength of his too. But, his power no longer took effect on Camilia. She was no longer easily broken. The words that came out of her husband's lips made her laugh.

The laugh was not a genuine one. She was wondering where he got the balls to address her in such a way. Camilia honestly did not sound as if she was in a stable state of mind. She took in a deep breath but continued to giggle. "Woman?" she stood up and took two steps closer to her husband. Her face was more severe than a lethal heart attack. She did not take kindly to disrespect. She would not tolerate it at all. It was a good thing she had taught Kyle to respect all people and have respect for himself enough not to stoop down so low. "You can talk to all your other women like that, Patrick, but I will not tolerate it, not one bit." she retorted coldly. Patrick had been seeing a different side of her lately, everyone had been. She was not feared, but people were not as willing to come to her as they used to be. She turned away and listened to her husband rant. Camilia felt like her son, a teenager being scolded by a completely blind parent. Her heart ached for her son in ways that she could not describe. "Do you want to know what a complete waste of time is? This marriage!" she yelled. She did not care if anyone else heard. Everyone knew what kind of husband Patrick was. "Where is the treasure in this marriage, Patrick?" she asked quietly. She was nowhere on the verge of tears. She was too strong to let herself cry in front of this bastard. "If anyone's time has been wasted, it has been mine. I put so much into this for nothing. Do you think I can hold on to Kyle forever? Do you remember that you have a son that is calling out for the attention or his father? Or are you too busy screwing other women and chasing power to pay attention to him?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back