OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
12 Inch Whippy Holly Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
Sawyer made it as far out of the way of the path from the pitch to the castle where he wouldn't become a tripping hazard before allowing himself to flop defeated to the ground, rolling over with a sigh to stare listlessly at the sky overhead. It was an urge he'd been fending off since they'd barely gotten into the air during the match and Flynn had nabbed up the snitch before Sawyer had even really gotten situated at the hoops.

He liked to think he wasn't a competitive person, really, and he knew Ravenclaw wasn't going to be getting the house cup any time soon, but the harsh reality that they'd suddenly dropped into 4th place, a grand total of 0 points scored all season, after he'd finally grabbed onto a spot of hope with their plan for second place was hard to swallow. He would have written to Juniper for help, but she was actually playing professionally now and the idea of sending her an owl to let her know he'd managed to drive the team into absolute last in a matter of months made his stomach twist. Instead, Sawyer let himself fling an arm over his eyes and groan. He figured he'd earnt at least a moment feeling sorry for himself after today's match.

Felix had been running late for the quidditch match. He had gotten caught up feeding Clive and completely lost track of time and ended up running all the way from the castle and up the stairs to the stands. He was out of breath and sweaty as he elbowed his way to the front only too see that the game had already started and quickly ended before he had even caught his breath. He knew Sawyer wouldn't take this well and as the rest of the school made their way back to the castle Felix started his search. It didn't take long for him to find his brother. With a heavy sigh he laid down in the grass too. "I would offer to use the cheering charm on you since we just learned it in class....but I left my wand in my room." Felix said finally before sneezing as he looked into the too bright sky for a little too long.

Sawyer lifted his arm enough to squint at Felix as he settled down next to him, humming acknowledgement at his offer. "Not sure a good mood is gonna help me if the team commits mutiny," he said idly, flinging his arm off his own face to blindly cover Felix's with his palm, only to get sneezed on for his efforts. "Oh gross," he lamented, dragging his hand down Felix's shirt to try and scrub off any wayward little brother snot.

Moving to wipe his palm on the grass instead, Sawyer sat up with a sigh, glancing down at Felix again with a contemplative look. "I keep telling myself I don't care about winning but honestly, man. This sucks," he admitted, turning away to join Felix in staring up at the sky overhead, hand still absentmindedly running back and forth over the grass. "If you guys manage to win the Quidditch cup I'm telling everyone I taught you how to fly just so you know," he said, aiming for levity. He'd never been very good at talking about his feelings at any great length, especially not with his younger siblings. Joking about things was much easier. "If you lose I'm telling them Thistle taught you."

"They can't do that. here are like rules and stuff." Felix said with some sense of certainty when Sawyer mentioned the team turning on him. At least he was pretty sure a professor or someone would have to get involved if they tried. "No! You did that to yourself!" he said urgently and tried to wiggle away from Sawyer's reach. He hadn't seen his brother's hand when he sneezed but at least he wiped his hand on the grass and not him. But he when he looked at Sawyer's face he considered offering to let him if it would cheer him up.

Instead he leaned back into the grass. "Well winning is kind of the point." he said and started to pull at the grass strand by strand as he spoke. "But it is also...just a game in the end." Felix offered to try and put things in perspective. Maybe it was easy for him to say with a team that was heading to the final. "Yeah whatever." he said with a roll of his eyes when Sawyer said he'd take credit for his skills. "I don't know how impressive teaching the kid on the bench is though." he sighed.

Sawyer shot Felix an unimpressed look, settling for simply nudging Felix’s side with his foot rather than trying to voice the uneasy anxiety that had accompanied his captain’s badge this year. But maybe that was what he got for trying to express his concerns to a 13 year old.

It used to be fun to just play,” he said with a sigh, giving in and flopping back onto the grass next to Felix. “You think it’s too late to convince Juniper to pick someone else?” He said with a huff, trying to imagine that letter. “Dear Juniper, I am of the firm opinion that a particularly determined bludger would be better suited to being Ravenclaw captain over me,” he said, finger tracing in the air like a mock quill.

He clicked his tongue when Felix tried to join in on the self-depreciation team, giving his brother another nudge, this time with his elbow. “Hey, this is my pity party, not yours. Besides, the person your benched for is freakin’ Lucas Fletcher. You know, the head boy. I think that’s fair enough."

Felix just shrugged as Sawyer continued. He wasn’t sure what else to say. “Pff, she’s to busy being a pro to answer your stupid letters.” he blurted out when his brother brought up Juniper. He hoped that wasn’t the absolutely worst thing to say but he just ended up rolling his eyes when Sawyer said a bludger could be a better captain. Personally Felix would have preferred a quaffle with a hat but that wasn’t the point. “Yeah but a bludger doesn’t have your floppy hair.” he teased before grabbing a handful of grass and sprinkling it on his brother’s head and laughing.

“Well you invited me!” he said irritated, and nudged Sawyer back, playing along with the party analogy. “Yeah I guess. And he is graduating this year.” he admitted and felt his anxiety about being the starting seeker flutter around his chest like a snitch itself was stuck in there.

Sawyer gave Felix a playful shove, just in case his brother was getting ideas about it being okay to keep picking on him like this. "Unlike you, I don't send stupid letters, thank you," he said loftily, very aware they both new that was all crap. At least Sawyer had never actually sent Essie any poetry over the break, despite him having considered it for far longer than any sane person should have. That would have been a stupid letter, thank Merlin he hadn't.

He blew a stray blade of grass from his face as Felix took great glee in filling his hair with more, sighing dramatically before making a show of sitting up so he could move to tackle Felix into the dirt, attempting to wrestle him to the ground. "What floppy hair? This hair?" He asked, attempting to smother Felix's face with his head, Quidditch woes momentarily forgotten in the interest of making Felix eat both his words and maybe a bit of hair in the process.

"Ow. what was that for?!" Felix whined as Sawyer pushed him. "Oh sorry I forgot you're a genius mastermind." he said sarcastically. He kept the from adding 'a mastermind who can't win a quidditch game' to the end of that sentence because sometimes he did value his life. But apparently it was too little too late as his brother tackled him to the ground. He let out a dramatic wheeze as the air was squeezed out of his lungs. He tried to wiggle away but even though he was the same size as his brother Sawyer did have the upper hand for now. "Yeah, that hair." he choked out with the rest of the air in his lungs. But Sawyer's hair tickled his nose and he let out another sneeze but made no attempt to aim it anywhere but right into his brother's ear.

"It is my right as an older brother, I don't need a reason," Sawyer said loftily, taking great care to try and smush Felix's face into the dirt under them, the unspoken note that Theia wasn't here to stop him either. It felt good, to blow off a little steam and the familiarity of just messing around with his brother wasn't lost on him. As much as it felt like things were constantly changing these days in their lives, in their family, Sawyer could at least enjoy some of the little things stayed the same. Like the smug satisfaction of still being able to take Felix to the ground even if his brother kept having annoying growth spurts.

The joy was short lived when Felix prompt sneezed in his ear and Sawyer shrunk back with a squawk, "Oh gross, were you raised by erumpents?" Sawyer lamented, leaning back on his haunches and wiping at the side of his face, trying to affect an air of disgust despite his winded laughter.

"Yeah well I'm taller." Felix grunted as he wasn't able to quite get Sawyer off of him. "Or almost." he added reluctantly. He had always looked up to his brother, literally and figuratively. But lately they were getting closer and closer to being eye to eye. Felix was hoping it would only take another year or so and he'd finally be taller. With a gasp of relief, Felix took his first fill breath since they had started wrestling. His sneeze had apparently done the trick to get his brother off him. But he also saw this as his chance to make a break for it. He waited for a moment when Sawyer was busy wiping his face to move. In one quick moment Felix was on his feet and pushing his brother over before running towards the castle. "Too slow!" he yelled over his shoulder. Maybe if he yelled loud enough Theia might come and save him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back