F is for Friends

Belladonna Metzger

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Belladonna Metzger was sitting among the flowers, not caring the slightest big that her jeans were slowly becoming covered with things like dirt, grass, and stray flower petals. The young Gryffindor figured that she probably wasn't even allowed to be sitting in the middle of garden like she was, but Belladonna didn't care either. The tall plants shielded her form from immediate view, and the sweet scent of the flowers calmed her. Another rough day here at Hogwarts, and classes had barely begun. "I hate it here." Bella rubbed at her eyes and stared down at the dirt below. For starters, no one here even liked her. A large group of kids that had formed together somehow, did nothing but torture her whenever they could. Today one of them tried to pour honey into her hair. Luckily, Belladonna's clumsiness saved her from that blow. Belladonna also noticed that she wasn't very good when it came to classes either. So she was alone, and probably looked like an idiot to her Professor's and peers. How awesome was this year starting out? A whimper escaped Belladonna's lungs and she clapped a hand over her mouth in an attempt to silence herself. If someone caught her cry out here they might make fun of her and then the whole process of her trying to find somewhere to spill her emotions would be in order.

"I wish I had someone to talk to about this. There is Matt, but we just sort of met and I have no idea where he is half the time!" Belladonna sighed, and peeked her head up so she could glance around the garden. Someone was coming, but she couldn't see from which direction or who it was. Though Belladonna was a total hot-head, the way others were treating her just caused her to break down so much that she barely had any strength to get angry. Why did they hate her anyways? Because of her blood status? It wasn't like that was something that Bella could control. Belladonna wiped her eyes and moved around a bit to ease the cramping in her legs. Sooner or later she needed to go back inside and face all of her bullies, but she wasn't sure if she knew how. "Hello?" Belladonna heard another noise, and once more shyly peeked her head out of the plants she had been hiding in to see if anyone would actually reveal themselves, or if no one was even there to begin with.

Lux was not a girl who could spend all day indoors. She needed to be outside, to be around nature and restore her balance. Particularly in a strange time when she was experiencing so many new things at once. Truth be told, the young blonde hadn't actually explored much of anything yet so after dressing appropriately for the cooling weather. She wasn't the type of girl to care too much for fashion although she did enjoy looking good but the important thing was utility for her so she had put on a pair of converse over her tight covered toes instead of heels as some ridiculous people might do. What eleven year old wore heels except this bunch of nutters, anyway? They did so many weird things here like ask you what your blood status was and while she had not yet been asked she had seen people ridiculed for being anything less than pure. So the girl had her answer ready if necessary. She only hoped that when her brother, Jaqen, came next year he would have the good sense to do the same. They would both need to survive this place.

Until then, the eldest Hamilton child found herself in a garden. At home her father took care of their garden because he said that someone as pretty as her mom should have something almost as pretty to look at. It always made her smile while her brothers and sister would scrunch up their faces in disgust. She hardly had time to miss them much when she heard a small voice from nearby. Her eyebrow quirked up and she said, "Hey." Her Aussie accent was thick as mud whenever she spoke and even this small word was no exception. Her blue eyes searched for the person she had just greeted when she saw a girl's head peeking out behind a large plant and looked at her peculiarly as she noticed how red her eyes were. Was she crying or just allergic? It wouldn't make much sense to be around plants you were allergic to if you had a choice so she offered a polite smile and asked, "You alright?"

It was too late to try and hide now, it would appear as if Belladonna was noticed. At least the girl wasn't yelling at her, so it wasn't like Belladonna should be too worried about being noticed, right? "Hey." Belladonna greeted as she wiped at her eyes. A flower petal that had been lingering on her face her hand wound up getting stuck to her face because of the tears she had been shedding the past hour or so, and Belladonna frowned. Chances of her looking like a total mess were really high right now. That poor girl had to look at her too. Belladonna brought her hand up and peeled the large yellow petal from her cheek and tossed it to the ground. Belladonna felt like she had been sitting on these poor flowers long enough and forced herself to stand up. "I wish I could say I was okay. I mean, I'm not bleeding or anything, but mentally no I could be much better." Belladonna admitted quietly. It felt weird talking to a stranger about her problems, but at the same time comforting. Admitting that everything wasn't okay helped her realize that maybe there was a way she could fix the mess she was in.

"I'm sorry if my crying was bothering you. My name's Belladonna, by the way." Belladonna would have offered to shake hands with the girl, but the girl probably didn't want dirt all over her hands. Hopefully just a name and an apology would do for now. Belladonna tried to remember if this girl was in her year or not. She could have sworn that she remembered the girl getting sorted with her, but that could be just her mind playing tricks on her. One thing was easily obvious, that she didn't seem to be friends with Vladimir or Pandora. If she had, then she probably wouldn't have been asking if she was okay. It was weird how they seemed to have allies all over the castle when they were as mean as they were. Perhaps it was because everyone else was just as scared of them? Or maybe they were only mean to people like her. People who were different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back