Exposing the Widow (Maeve Silverback and family)

Erica Matthews

OOC First Name
Brian
Wand
15 Inches Oak with dragonheartstring
Erica moved about the grounds of the Tremain manor the home of the late Luxen Silverback, it had taken a while for any information to pop up but after discovering that both Luxen and his partner had been killed and the shop rebuilt within a night, Erica knew there was something going on. His widow had been left quite a bit but more importantly were the facts that surrounded the poor miss Silverback. First a miscarrage resulting in the death of her first born, then her estranged husband winds up dead. Same goes for her brother and then her husband. It seemed like Maeve Silverback had a grim following her around killing off those surrounding her.

Erica boldly walked up to the door and rung the bell loudly letting it's ring fill the house as she waited for her opponant to appear so that she might get to the bottom of this mystery and publish it in another award winning expose that Erica was known for these days. "Maeve Silverback, your going down!" Erica said knowing that the facts simply didn't add up unless Maeve was indeed a murderer.

Just as Maeve walked down the last step on the long winding stairway, the doorbell sounded and instantly their house elf Eeloi came to answer it. Maeve waved her away and instead passed her Micah who had begun gurgling mightily.
"He has just been fed, so wind him properly for me Eeloi, I shall see who is at the door. Can you go back up stairs and help Martha as well with Maya and Luthor?" she didn't wait for an answer but went directly to the door.

Maeve looked like a ghost of her former self, ever since her husbands death and giving birth to the twins she had begun experiencing the most terrible of headaches. Her dreams were becoming very vivid as if hidden memories had been trying desperately to break through. Nights that she had hoped to dream of Luxen were spent instead, brushing through hazy memories of Giovanni. Pale but composed, she opened the door to a young woman.

"Hello may I help you?"

"Erica Matthews" Erica said as she held out her hand "I work as an investigative reporter for the Daily Prophet and I'd like to ask you a few questions about..." Erica said as she turned towards her notebook "your husband, brother, second husband, and his business partner's Murders" Erica said as she began ticking off the names with her fingers "Then of course their's the death of your first child who became a banshee am I correct?" Erica added as she peirced Maeve Silverback knowing that she was looking into the face of pure evil "and your second daughter, well we could write a few books about her can't we?" Erica added with a bit of coldness as any attempt to fake kindness washed away "I reccomend you answer my questions" Erica would not allow this evil to grow any longer, otherwise girls like Chloe might end up in the same situation or worse.

Maeve was not even given the chance to reply as the woman began listing all the tragedies that had befallen her. Maeve gripped the door handle in shock. Her already pale and exhausted features looked even more harried now by the disgusting words of this woman. Maeve had thought it was only the muggle world where sleazy reporters dwelled, how wrong was she? She wanted nothing more than to close the door in her face.
"I do not need to answer anything. This house is in mourning, so please take your disrespectful ...lies and go spout them somewhere else"
something that the woman had said about her daughters registered and she nearly balked, her relationship with Andromeda was just beginning to strengthen again she certainly didn't need this woman upsetting her daughter anymore than what Maeve had over the past few years. She knew she had alot to atone for but that was between her and Andromeda, not this shark.
"You go near my daughter and I will be report you to your boss or the ministry or anyone else who will listen. She's been through enough, now just leave us alone" Maeve began to close the front door on the woman.

"Close this door and your entire family will be ruined" Erica said in a tone that was neither threatening nor kind. "It's all your fault isn't it?" Erica asked with a darkness that was not usually hers, she knew in the bottom of her heart that the tragedies of this Earth was caused by people like this woman. "I think your daughter has a right to know what type of monster gave birth to her, along with the rest of the Magical Community" Erica said with a fierce strength. "Your Mother in Law has a high position in the ministry, how would she feel if she knew that you were the reason her son was dead?" Erica asked pointedly "actually once my article goes out, she'll probably lose her position... because he wasn't so innocent either" Erica said as she pulled out her notebook. "I have quite a list here of the things he's apparently been doing including conspiracy to overthrow the ministry, I'm sure they'd be more interested in recieving this rather then hearing your rants about a reporter doing her job" Erica said as she put the notebook away.

Maeve could only stare incredulously at the woman infront of her as her hand fell from the door handle. Her eyes glistened with fresh tears, though she was convinced she had shed them all apparently not.
"You... you think that it was my fault that Giovanni died at the Leaky Cauldron? I hadn't even known he had shown up for our date, the ... the investigation in to the fire there had came back with accidental death. He had been in the wrong place at the wrong time" it had been the first time in years that she had spoken of her ex-husband but she had found herself thinking about him more and more recently, ever since Luxen died infact.

"The ministry are still looking into the events surrounding my brothers death but Death Eaters are suspected. I loved my brother and at one time I really loved Giovanni. As for my husb... as for Luxen, I don't believe a word you've just said. He owned a store in Bleak Street, he was a shopkeeper. I think you should go and check your sources out again Miss Matthews".

Luthor walked up next to his mother, Sigourney wrapped over his shoulder staring intently at the women with an eye of curiousity. "Mother" Luthor said plainly referring to his juice cup which lied empty in his hand. Luthor had been playing up on the third floor where the hall of portraits laid, on the right side was a set of portraits of all male Silverback's that had died. His father had been added less then a week after his death and Sigourney had insisted that Luthor visit him even though his grandmother didn't like it. On the left side were the portraits of all female Silverbacks that had died all were very much alike except for the fact that one of them was missing, Laurel Silverback's portrait had been missing for quite some time however nobody seemed to pay it too much mind as she had not been popular with Martha Silverback. Sigourney had explained that Laurel Silverback was Luxen's aunt whom he loved dearly and had taught him a few things when he was a child, she died however and after that her portrait had been hung up.

Luthor looked at the woman for a brief instant but had quickly decided that she was of no importance as he continued to look up at his mother.

Erica was about to retort when a little boy appeared, the boy was Luthor Silverback. He'd been born shortly after Maeve's first husband died and she remarried, a curious turn of events as Erica looked down at the boy. She would've been lying if she didn't think that the boy was a bit creepy, a metallic Silver Snake perched on his shoulder staring at her. "Well Mrs. Silverback, I'll be keeping in touch" Erica said as she turned to leave. She knew something was up and needed more information, perhaps it had been too soon to interrogate Mrs.Silverback but it was too late to take it back. Mrs. Silverback either had a series of unfortunate events hit her throughout the past few years or was a ruthless killer, as of right now Erica couldn't decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back