Exploring

"Alright you two...that was a good one...scare the new guy, but enough is enough....I think I've had enough fun in the forest tonight without worrying about a couple of girls 'hissing' at each other....it's been fun, but I've got to get some sleep. See you two tomorrow," Bruin said hopefully and ran towards the edge of the forest and in the general direction of Gryffindor Tower.

Elizabeth made no recognition of the rock throwing.

"Are you sure that you're not related to Harry Potter?" she asked. "He had the talent as well... You might not know this, but you don't only speak english." she took an excited breath, "You were just speaking parseltongue."

Elizabeth turned to where Bruin ran off and finally let out laugh. She called "goodnight!" and waved in his direction.

"I hope we didn't scare him too much. That would have been a fantastic prank."

"Well, haha, he is one scared wizard, I guess the cat was too much for him" Courtney joked.

Courtney looked at Elizabeth in disbelief, "I can speak what?"

"Parseltongue" Elizabeth said. "The language of snakes. Generally it is something that goes through generations- I hear Salazar Slytherin was a parseltongue." Elizabeth smiled. "I actually learned from a book. The author only signed by the letter 'S' so I believe it might be one of Salazaar's ancestors."

Elizabeth looked questioningly at Courtney. "Do you think you might have some obscure relation to him?"

Courtney stops for a while to think about all she has taken in today. "My parents never talk about their past, and never ever about any relations. The only thing I know about them is that my father belonged to the slytherin house while he attended Hogwarts and my mother was in Gryffindor." She says.

"Hmm... that's strange. It seems we both have secretive parents!" Elizabeth suddenly yawned. "I'm getting rather tired... we could head to sleep for tonight and explore again tomorrow maybe?"

"yes that would be a good idea, we should be heading back anyways before we get caught" Courtney replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back