Exploring

Courtney Potter

Wand
Best wand ever!
Courtney stands on the outskirts of the forbidden forest, waiting for her new friend Elizabeth to join her, " Wow, it sure looks creepy in there, this will be one wild ride!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth casually walks over to Courtney, trying to avoid any sort of attention from teachers!

"Hey!" she whispers excitedly, and pulls out her wand. "Are you ready?"

"I'm ready" Courtney says back, "but I don't have my wand yet, lets sneak in when nobody is looking". She starts tiptoeing in the forest with a look of dread on her face as she realizes she is defenceless.

Elizabeth walked quietly after her. "Don't worry" she said, in a reassuring way. "It can't be too dangerous. I mean, students our age always come through here when we're not supposed to." She grinned, "Also, I've got my wand. I'll protect you!"

Once they got a little ways into the forest, she turned to Courtney. "So Courtney, want to tell me about yourself?" she asked with a smile

Apparently Bruin isn't the only one tempted to visit the Forbidden Forest as he notices the two girls slipping quietly into the forest. He takes a look over his shoulder to make sure that he isn't being watched and deciding that he can't resist, runs after the two girls.

"Psst..." Bruin whispers as he gets within ear shot "...and where do you think you two are going?" he continues with a mischievious smile.

Recognizing Elizabeth as the Gryffindor who earned them extra points in DADA Class, Bruin decides he must ask "Are you only earning extra points in class to balance off what you might lose sneaking into places that you aren't supposed to go into???"

Courtney is amazed at the size of the forest, she's never seen so many trees in her life, " I don't know why they forbid this place, it's amazing! I bet it will be beautiful in the fall when the leaves start to change colour.." She starts grinning "I bet you could make the leaves change with your wand!"

As the two girls walk forwards through the forest, Courtney says, "Hmm, so you want to know about me, I am not related to the Harry Potter, we just share last names. I was born in England and now live in Ireland with my parents. I really enjoy reading and learning, so I fit right into the ravenclaw atmosphere. I am hoping to try out for seeker or beater on the quidditch team. What about yourself, is there anything I should know about you?"

Elizabeth had infact been wondering if Courtney was related to Harry Potter. Of course, she knew of him. Her father told her stories.

"Hah, alright. I wasn't sure. My father was somewhat rivals with Harry Potter, so I figured you were too friendly towards me to be his daughter or know him closely." She laughed a bit. "I enjoy quidditch and potions. I also love snakes."

She paused for a moment. "My idols are also Fred and George Weasley. I love a little mischief here and there-keeps things interesting."

Elizabeth looks at the newcomer. It's Bruin from potions!

"Where else would we be going?" she laughed a bit. "Exploring! Same as you, I'm sure!" she smiled.

At the questionning of her motives for earning points, she grinned. "Well, I'm fairly good at not getting caught... living with my father makes that necesity!" Elizabeth paused for a moment. "But, I suppose, every good prankster gets caught at some point. And when I get caught, I fully expect it to be for something extravagent- thus, I should collect points my entire 7 years to make up for it!"

She suddenly thought to ask- "So do you know Courtney?"

Courtney looks at her friend in awe, "Are you the daughter of Draco Malfoy?" Courtney was impressed. Draco Malfoy had always been one of the wizards she looked up to, he was so cunning and he played on the slytherin quidditch team.

"If I have any galleons left after buying all of my supplies I think we should shop at the Weasley's store and play pranks on...who knows!" She Cackled as they walked deeper and deeper into the forest.

Elizabeth nodded. "I am!" she examined the look on her friend's face and saw that she was more in awe than anything else. She wasn't horrified? "He taught me how to play quidditch!" she laughed. "He's actually pretty fantastic. He never talked to me about before I was born though, aside from stories about hogwarts in england."

At hearing mention of Weasley's Wheezes, Elizabeth beamed. "I agree! I love their store. I was thinking of getting a part time job there, but I was equally enchanted by the idea of working in an apothecary!" Elizabeth looked around "Maybe we'll think of some ideas for pranks in here!" she said.

Bruin snapped back to attention...he had been distracted momentarily by his gloomy surroundings.

"Ummm no, I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting Courtney yet, but from what little I've seen and heard, I already like her style.", Bruin extended his hand to Courtney..."Hi, I'm Bruin Dumbledez...I'm in Gryffindor with Elizabeth....hope I'm not intruding, but I couldn't resist getting a better look at this place and figured that you two were about as good protection as I could get"

Elizabeth looked around. It was quiet, and looked nice- for now. "I'd be alright with you coming along" she said. "If we stick together we should be safe enough!"

She smiled at him "So would you want to tell us about yourself?"

Courtney begins to laugh at the thought of playing pranks, this year will be so much fun, she thinks.

Then she hears something snap behind her, "Did you hear that?" She whispers to Elizabeth. "I think something may be behind us"

Courtney doesn't know whether to run or stay where she is, so she decides to turn around and see what made the noise.

"Probably nothing..." Bruin whispered, his voice trailing off as he considered what could have made the noise and shook Courtney's hand gently, glad to know that she was steadier than he was at the moment....he turned to follow Courtney's gaze.

"No, I didn't hear anything." Elizabeth looked around. Suddenly, she heard the noise too.

"What was that?" she whispered worriedly. She pulled her wand out, ready to try a spell if need be.

Courtney finds herself gazing into the fierce eyes of an orange and white striped cat.

"I hope that is only a kitten, but if this Hogwarts is anything like the one in England..." she trails off.

"I just hope it isn't a teacher who has transfigured themself." Bruin added, laughing nervously at having been scared by a cat...

Elizabeth was stunned. She was terrified and couldn't think of anything to do with her wand. The most natural reaction seemed to be...

Elizabeth started hissing. Short phrases, urgent phrases. Asking for nearby snakes to come help. She wasn't sure how long it would take for them to get here, but she continued calling for help, in a language she had forgotten was unnatural.

Bruin stared at Elizabeth and then at Courtney and then back at Elizabeth thinking to himself that this was a bad idea...

A cat is one thing, but hearing these strange noises coming out of one of your classmates....

"What are you doing????" Bruin asked Elizabeth

"Are you insane calling snakes? What if it is a teacher?" She whispered as she took a few steps backwards.

Elizabeth suddenly stopped, noting her companions reactions- maybe this was a safe kitty? She let out a nervous laugh.

"I was worried it would hurt us!" she said. "I thought that some snakes might help. I met one of them earlier today, out on the lawn."

"Did you actually think the snakes would come by just calling them?" She adds, astonished, and continues to glance at her friends and at the cat that has not moved from the spot.

"I'm sorry about that" she said. "I suppose I just panicked a little." She suddenly grinned. "Hey, suppose one of us turned into a cat and surprized some unsuspecting student!"

Suddenly, now that the panic had left her, Elizabeth realized what Courtney was saying. "One moment... you understood that?" she asked her.

Courtney did not like that cat sitting watching their every move, so she pick up a rock a tossed in it the cat's direction. The cat ran away not wanting to be pelted with any more rocks. "Well, if you don't have a wand, a rock always works" She laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back